Our new punter will be (Update pg. 38 - Martin Signed)

JMM

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Let’s not mention that particular pick in relation to positive decisions made by the personnel department in a draft. Mmm, kay?

Your personal feelings about the pending Araiza situation has literally no relevance to my point about the kind of player the Bills drafted.  I'm not allowed to talk about player types or positions because you're sensitive?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, UKBillFan said:

Ignore the issues, the franchise at the draft turned round and draft a big legged punter.

I get it. The guy was a big legged kicker who also had pretty darn good accuracy. It’s a tough call, but I think that the remedy for the Bills is to get a good veteran in there to do the job at both punting and holding and ringing a higher degree of “maturity”.

Just now, 1ManRaid said:

Your personal feelings about the pending Araiza situation has literally no relevance to my point about the kind of player the Bills drafted.  I'm not allowed to talk about player types or positions because you're sensitive?

It was a failure at a joke. I’m not sensitive at all.

4 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I heard he’s a bad holder? But I agree. Not because of the Carolina connection, but because the team tried to sign him 2 years ago. 

They keep announcing this on the Charlotte radio during the news shorts. Saying that he’s already worked out for the Bills.

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I get it. The guy was a big legged kicker who also had pretty darn good accuracy. It’s a tough call, but I think that the remedy for the Bills is to get a good veteran in there to do the job at both punting and holding and ringing a higher degree of “maturity”.

It was a failure at a joke. I’m not sensitive at all.

I agree.

But the question is, if we are looking at someone to flip the field, who are the best options available? Are there any options available?

55 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Where’s the announcement about signing Kern? it should have been 10 minutes ago. 

His strength is directional punting and pinning teams inside the 10.  That’s what the Bills need.  Let’s face it, in Orchard Park there’s usually wind from Southwest to Northeast. Every NFL punter can boom it far with the wind and struggles against the wind.  We really need a professional who can place the ball where the special teams needs it to be placed. Which Kern can do.

Announce it Beane.

If we're close enough to be able to pin a team inside the 10 with a directional punt, we should be going for it on 4th down - not punting.

Therefore, there's no point in having a punter like that unless McDermott wants to get conservative this season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.