Our new punter will be (Update pg. 38 - Martin Signed)

JMM

Kern would obviously be a great choice.  We can consider ourselves lucky if we stumble into a pro bowler after this little fiasco.

That said, I'm not worried about the position.  Pretty much anybody we sign will be an upgrade over Haack.  Maybe just not as big an upgrade as what we were reasonably hoping for.

45 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This is the correct answer imo. Kern or Huber seem very likely. Stonehouse you might have to trade for since he is subject to waivers. Same as Crisman. Huber is the only lefty in the group. Palardy is the only lefty in the others group. 

How about Dicker? Or is it too soon?

Dumb question.  Why do we care if the punter is a lefty?  

50 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Well I guess if a 3 time pro bowler (Kern) or a draftable punter (Stonehouse) is a loser

or 

Huber (2 time pro bowler) or Chrisman who has been around with a big leg are losers than idk what to tell you. 

If these guys are losers than Jake Schum is a huge loser, Marquette King is the worst, and every FA punter we bring in couldn’t Haack it(pun intended). 

Look how the word "loser" is used in the post he was responding to.

He was joking.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Dumb question.  Why do we care if the punter is a lefty?  

Just an belief floating around that we like left footed punters - our last three (Bojo? Haack and Araiza) have all been left footed.

Edited by UKBillFan
We, not Beane
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I guess I would say that could help the Bills cause, overall I am not too concerned.  They will get someone in there.  For Kern they probably will have to pay more than league minimum...that dude has made 27 million punting a football, pretty cool.

Possibly.  Or he might take the minimum to get a chance to play for a SB contender which is also his hometown team and when he knows he won't be punting a lot.

15 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The biggest issue is holding . Find a competent holder then that's probably the guy. 

Several of them (Kern, Huber) can do it.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, uninja said:

I feel like this myth involves Bill Belichek and something about it making the ball spin differently, causing more muffed punts. 

Actually, this idea originated with Vince Lombardi and Donny Anderson in the 1960s. 

https://greenbaybobfox.wordpress.com/2021/04/23/green-bay-packers-looking-back-on-the-prolific-punting-of-donny-anderson/

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

The biggest issue is holding . Find a competent holder then that's probably the guy. 

Given where we are, imo, the three criteria should be (in no particular order)

- Experience in pressure games

- track record of few mistakes

- competent holder

Other attributes such as direction, hang time are very important but we don't have too many choices, we don't expect to punt too much and offense can bail us out if the punt distance is bad

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.