Our new punter will be (Update pg. 38 - Martin Signed)

JMM

13 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Why sign a bunch of losers ?

Well I guess if a 3 time pro bowler (Kern) or a draftable punter (Stonehouse) is a loser

or 

Huber (2 time pro bowler) or Chrisman who has been around with a big leg are losers than idk what to tell you. 

If these guys are losers than Jake Schum is a huge loser, Marquette King is the worst, and every FA punter we bring in couldn’t Haack it(pun intended). 

36 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

It’s very easy Loser of the Titans punter, loser of the Bengals punter comp, then everyone else 

Kern 

Stonehouse

Huber

Chrisman 

Everyone else 

This is the correct answer imo. Kern or Huber seem very likely. Stonehouse you might have to trade for since he is subject to waivers. Same as Crisman. Huber is the only lefty in the group. Palardy is the only lefty in the others group. 

How about Dicker? Or is it too soon?

Just now, Beerball said:

Won’t be surprised to see Beane throw a draft pick some team’s way if he has his eye on a particular player.

Why?  This is a great job for a punter and no team will keep 2 of them on their roster.

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

This is the correct answer imo. Kern or Huber seem very likely. Stonehouse you might have to trade for since he is subject to waivers. Same as Crisman. Huber is the only lefty in the group. Palardy is the only lefty in the others group. 

How about Dicker? Or is it too soon?

The Titans are keeping Stonehouse.  

There are only 32 starting punters in the entire NFL. There have to be more than double that number that came out of college just a few months ago. I refuse to believe that there aren’t more than a few who could do an adequate job. The Bills are not going to be relying on their punter to get them to the super bowl. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Why?  This is a great job for a punter and no team will keep 2 of them on their roster.

Why? For the reason I stated; if he has his eye on a specific player and doesn’t want to get messed up w FA nonsense and the potential for that player to go to another team, you circumvent that by tossing away a draft pick.

5 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The Bills called in 4 punters yesterday ( I posted the names in this thread last night) I assume they might have found one they like 

They might have liked one or two, but there will be more punters to try out starting tomorrow.  No need to rush to make a decision.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Beerball said:

Why? For the reason I stated; if he has his eye on a specific player and doesn’t want to get messed up w FA nonsense and the potential for that player to go to another team, you circumvent that by tossing away a draft pick.

I think there will be several good candidates available who are right around the same ability.  And that way you don't have to take on their contract or give away a draft pick.  If you can't sell a FA punter on the team, then he's probably not the guy anyway.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

I think there will be several good candidates available who are right around the same ability.  And that way you don't have to take on their contract or give away a draft pick.  If you can't sell a FA punter on the team, then he's probably not the guy anyway.

You could be right.

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

Kern's from Grand Island though.

I guess I would say that could help the Bills cause, overall I am not too concerned.  They will get someone in there.  For Kern they probably will have to pay more than league minimum...that dude has made 27 million punting a football, pretty cool.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.