Our new punter will be (Update pg. 38 - Martin Signed)

JMM

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Bills worked out four punters Sunday

According to multiple reports, the Bills worked out Michael Palardy, Ty Long, Tyler Newsome, and Joseph Charlton on Sunday. They had veteran Matt Haack on the roster until last Tuesday, but he was cut as they moved to 80 players and he’s since signed with the Colts to replace the injured Rigoberto Sanchez.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/28/bills-worked-out-four-punters-sunday/

Marquette King just not be a culture fit?  If he was, he should at least get a look

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BattlinBill said:

Only if Bruce agrees to join him!!!

(Again as I said in the other post, it was sarcasm...don't get upset about it)

I’m not upset. There are people here that SERIOUSLY think the Bills should consider it. “I know that guy.” Those people lose a ton of credibility in my eyes. People are all over Jake Schum on Twitter as well. The Bills are the Super Bowl Favorite. They aren’t considering guys that last played in 2013 or 2016. They are going to upgrade from Haack. That was always the plan. It still is and there are a few options that are clear upgrades. 

5 minutes ago, marck said:

Wow, you realize he is a terrible holder.  Jason Sanders had all kinds of problems with him holding last year.

Not likely as keeping Stonehouse saves them a net of 2.2 million in cap space

Fair but Sanders also struggled in 2019, maybe he's off in odd years.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not upset. There are people here that SERIOUSLY think the Bills should consider it. “I know that guy.” Those people lose a ton of credibility in my eyes. People are all over Jake Schum on Twitter as well. The Bills are the Super Bowl Favorite. They aren’t considering guys that last played in 2013 or 2016. They are going to upgrade from Haack. That was always the plan. It still is and there are a few options that are clear upgrades

Such as?

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Such as?

The loser of Kern/Stonehouse

The loser of Chrisman/Huber

There are MULTIPLE other punters already on the street that outperformed Haack just last year: Ty Long, Jordan Berry, and Michael Palardy.

There are 5 upgrades off the top of my head. This isn’t difficult. We fall in love with AWFUL ideas because we are comfortable with them. That’s stupid. That’s really stupid for the Super Bowl Favorite. The Bills planned on upgrading from Haack. They can still do that pretty easily. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

The loser of Kern/Stonehouse

The loser of Chrisman/Huber

There are MULTIPLE other punters already on the street that outperformed Haack just last year: Ty Long, Jordan Berry, and Michael Palardy.

There are 5 upgrades off the top of my head. This isn’t difficult. We fall in love with AWFUL ideas because we are comfortable with them. That’s stupid. That’s really stupid for the Super Bowl Favorite. The Bills planned on upgrading from Haack. They can still do that pretty easily. 

So Ty Long and Michael Palardy are two of the guys they worked out just today

Thanks for the other names, I'll look into 'em.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

So Ty Long and Michael Palardy are two of the guys they worked out just today

Thanks for the other names, I'll look into 'em.

There are probably another 200-300 that you’d get to before considering Moorman. There are probably another 50-75 that you’d get to before Schum. Sign someone that is good at punting in 2022. 

They’ll kick the tires on all of these guys. Kern is certainly the favorite. He isn’t the long-term solution there but for a year or two he is still fine. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There are probably another 200-300 that you’d get to before considering Moorman. There are probably another 50-75 that you’d get to before Schum. Sign someone that is good at punting in 2022. 

They’ll kick the tires on all of these guys. Kern is certainly the favorite. He isn’t the long-term solution there but for a year or two he is still fine. 

AP article on Kern.

https://apnews.com/article/tennessee-titans-nfl-sports-nashville-27ca802959919731ba12d4e1c2a6e44a

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He'd be a huge upgrade from Bojo and Haack.  I'd offer a late round pick for him or Howard if they're desperate at TE.

Why? Buffalo is the superbowl fav. Why wouldnt any cut punter want to come to buffalo first choice? They arent going to keep 2 punters.

1 hour ago, UKBillFan said:

Until the Titans throw a curveball and cut Stonehouse.

From what I here, Stonehouse has been great in camp. You pick him up then and roll with it. lol although they probably prefer a vet at this point since hes coming in a week before opener...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.