Aaron Kromer interviewed by The Draft Network on Offensive line play

CorkScrewHill

Hosted by Brooke Kromer (his daughter) and Joe Marino he discusses what makes a good OL prospect, importance of position flexibility - "fastest way to get cut is to play one position",  do they take into account who plays best together, coaching individuals that are part of a unit, etc.

Good listen if interested in OLine play. 11 minutes.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 13

Thanks so much for posting this video this morning.  I desperately needed real football content to "cleanse the pallet".

Here is my hot take.  Beach Chair might be our most important off-season addition.  The offensive line looks reborn.  Countless times we lost yardage or had minimal gain running against light boxes last year.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

Just now, Einstein said:

That was great. 

And the male host looked like he was ready for a fight at any moment. He kept his fist up nearly the entire interview lol.

625A5359-75F6-4B5F-BDD1-C6CDCB771CE0.thumb.jpeg.c97439c509d29f3d5609c847cb9d8cee.jpeg

I think he was just really excited to be interviewing Kromer. I will leave that up to your imagination…

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Fan said:

Thanks so much for posting this video this morning.  I desperately needed real football content to "cleanse the pallet".

Here is my hot take.  Beach Chair might be our most important off-season addition.  The offensive line looks reborn.  Countless times we lost yardage or had minimal gain running against light boxes last year.

Agree, Kromer is an order of magnitude upgrade over Our previous O-line coach. Our previous O line coaches inability to create a functioning blocking scheme for the run game/ or the threat of such, has been holding back the offense for multiple seasons,  that inability includes personnel usage, and yes we have had a very very good ONE demential offense for all intents and purpose, now we can truly keep defenses on their respective heals, and it is going to make a huge difference in how the offense operates.

Now if our D can be more effective against the run, and get more than just “pressures” to effect the opposing QBs…,  Sky's the limit…, 

Go Bills!!!

Go 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That was great. 

And the male host looked like he was ready for a fight at any moment. He kept his fist up nearly the entire interview lol.

625A5359-75F6-4B5F-BDD1-C6CDCB771CE0.thumb.jpeg.c97439c509d29f3d5609c847cb9d8cee.jpeg

He's holding a black microphone. Or maybe an invisible microphone . . . 

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That was great. 

Lol he had a really tiny mic him and kromers daughter were sharing.

Side note shes cute. Worth risking melee attack by beach chair 😆😆

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

He's holding a black microphone. Or maybe an invisible microphone . . . 

It’s a small mic 🎤 in his fist, 😁

44 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

One thing I wish would have been covered more - body movements.  When a player has had a some leg injuries he can only play well on left or right.  Interview made it seem that there was no difference between left and right but I do not think he meant that.  

Super  short interview.  Can't get into too much depth in 11 total minutes.   But it was implicitly discussed when they talk about coaching to the physical nature of each player.  Don't coach them all the same, coach techniques to cater to the strengths (and weaknesses) of each individual.  

I also think that the philosophy being espoused is mostly for younger/not established players since as he says, you don't move a veteran around as much.

"...don't ask a fast player to be slow and don't ask a slow player to be fast."     I love it!

• Like (+1) 2

It's interviews like these that proves to me that players can be "coached up" way more than some fans would have you believe.

Would love to hear more from Kromer but would also like other coaches to be interviewed by these 2.

Chad Hall comes to mind.  He seems to have a special knack.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.