Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

On 9/19/2022 at 12:05 PM, FireChans said:

I just met Araiza in the lobby of the Courtyard at the airport.  He was sitting with a couple of guys, just hanging out.  A few fans came up and asked for selfies.  I'm not a selfie guy. 

He was wearing a Bills cap with, of course, the standing buffalo.

He was relaxed and smiling.   He said he's doing well, and his parents are happy.  He said all is good when your parents are happy.  

I told him he's the subject of debate around here about the best Bills punter of all time, and that the young guys around here have to explain that it isn't Moorman.  One of his companions sat there, nodding his head and smiling.  

Man's been through a lot, and probably deservedly so.  Many think he deserves greater punishment.  He'll take what the system imposes on him and move on, and I'm happy for him if he finds some peace.    

Is this a copy pasta that I'm not aware of?

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, RiotAct said:

any updates at all on this?

Nothing really, except he appears to be in the clear on any criminal statutory rape charge as the statute of limitations is one year (incident allegedly took place Oct. 17 or thereabouts last year.)

13 hours ago, Draconator said:

On a one year contract. 

It would not surprise me to see Araiza back in a Bills uniform next year.

If everything is cleared up legally, ok.  They’ll say that they gave him time to clear his name rather than have to concentrate on punting and his legal issues.  Do the Bills still hold his rights?

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

If everything is cleared up legally, ok.  They’ll say that they gave him time to clear his name rather than have to concentrate on punting and his legal issues.  Do the Bills still hold his rights?

He was cut so I do not think the Bills hold his rights. Besides which the Kid is poisoned now.  You can say it’s unfair but I doubt any NFL organization with any class touches him.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

He was cut so I do not think the Bills hold his rights. Besides which the Kid is poisoned now.  You can say it’s unfair but I doubt any NFL organization with any class touches him.

If he clears his name by proving he wasn't part of the gangbang, what's the issue?

24 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Reread what you wrote and ask yourself if its worth having a punter on your roster that makes you even fathom the words gang or bang alone.

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

There will be unresolved suspicion of his role in the whole scenario.  

Not if he just left the party after having sex with her. 

• Like (+1) 1