Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

Just now, extrahammer said:

SO you're more righteous because you shame people for pointing out facts? Come on... 

im not saying that at all.

I'm saying people are more invested in trying to prove this case one way or another because the guy was a Bills player. It probabyl came out wrong. 

Just now, Bandito said:

Wait for all facts to come out before casting an opinion on those types of things. With that being said in the US you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. These cases are very hard to determine what actually happened.

agreed, my comment wasnt an attack on you, its just people are more trying to prove guilty or not because the dude was a Bills player.

1 minute ago, Bandito said:

Wait for all facts to come out before casting an opinion on those types of things. With that being said in the US you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. These cases are very hard to determine what actually happened.

But we should be happy Tim Graham and the mob expect Beane to get to the truth in a week or so.  That way they can get lots of clicks and prove that they are the most virtuous people on the planet.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

im not saying that at all.

I'm saying people are more invested in trying to prove this case one way or another because the guy was a Bills player. It probabyl came out wrong. 

agreed, my comment wasnt an attack on you, its just people are more trying to prove guilty or not because the dude was a Bills player.

Who is doing that?  

17 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I imagine if we as a society put in a sliver as much effort to trying to solve sexual assault cases as some people do in trying to find any possible way to discredit a rape victim, there probably wouldn't be 100s of thousands of unprocessed rape kits in this country and thousands->millions of sexual predators walking around our streets. It's a shame we have no control over that. A damn shame.

Do you actually think that faster processing of rape kits will solve everything and eradicate rapists from our streets?

Don’t get me wrong, I agree that faster processing, as long as accuracy standards are maintained, is desirable, but to ascribe results like you have done above is inaccurate.  50-ish years ago, DNA analysis didn’t even exist.  It has clearly help solve many cases of all types…..rape, murder, everything……determining guilt and sometimes proving innocence.  It is one of many ways crimes are solved,  I’ll use video surveillance as another example that wasn’t really around until fairly recently.  There are many.  Evidence in a chain has to be maintained properly…..remember OJ?  Processing has to be accurate.  It is my impression….possibly incorrect…..that there are skills involved in DNA analysis aren’t easy to come by and thus there is a backlog.  Technicians don’t grow on trees.  Should we have them work 24/7?  Should we put cameras in every wall of everyone’s home and record everything they do?  That could be a solution and might even be less expensive.  What could go wrong?

All the DNA tests in the world are not going to prevent parties like the one on that film from happening and 17 year old girls showing up.  That’s another problem altogether.

27 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Do you actually think that faster processing of rape kits will solve everything and eradicate rapists from our streets?

I didn't say that it will solve "everything", but yes, faster processing of rape kits will contribute to more charges, convictions less rapists on the streets. Their value is known and has been proven in arrests that are made years after the fact when it would be otherwise impossible to do so. What we're effectively doing in this country is throwing smoking gun evidence into the back of a storage facility and letting it languish for months or years. Are there cases where it won't lead to a conviction? Sure, but that doesn't mean you do literally nothing for all the rest of the cases where it will.

27 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Technicians don’t grow on trees.  Should we have them work 24/7?

Train and hire more of them if that's the issue. Pretty straightforward.

15 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

It's not that simple.  You can't just attend a 6 hour Saturday course like insurance reduction or hunter safety. 

How to Become a DNA Analyst - College Educated

How to Become a DNA Analyst

DNA analysts typically have a bachelor’s degree in forensic studies, criminalistics, biology or a related field. DNA analysts aspiring to work in crime labs for the Federal Bureau of Labor Statistics are required to have at least a bachelor’s degree in forensic science, genetics or molecular biology. There are actually various majors or areas of specialization from which a DNA analyst student may choose, including serology, chemistry, criminalistics, molecular genetics, physics or molecular biology.

Students complete courses in microbiology, gene development, immunology, biochemistry and infectious diseases. These types of programs also include mandatory laboratory hours and supervised internships. Most technicians must complete a certain number of hours of on-the-job training before they are able to work independently on cases. Some positions require candidates to have at least two years of experience in forensic casework.

Depending on the company, they may also be required to pass a proficiency test. In addition to academic training and experience, DNA analysts should have a strong knowledge of lab equipment and procedures and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.

Edited by Just Jack

11 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

It's not that simple.  You can't just attend a 6 hour Saturday course like insurance reduction or hunter safety. 

How to Become a DNA Analyst - College Educated

Oh I'm aware of that. Seems like a great argument for increased wages, publicly funded higher education, and diversification of police budgets away from meter maids, bouncers, cars and gun to investigators and scientists. But I dunno, prolly talking out of my ass again.

50 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I didn't say that it will solve "everything", but yes, faster processing of rape kits will contribute to more charges, convictions less rapists on the streets. Their value is known and has been proven in arrests that are made years after the fact when it would be otherwise impossible to do so. What we're effectively doing in this country is throwing smoking gun evidence into the back of a storage facility and letting it languish for months or years. Are there cases where it won't lead to a conviction? Sure, but that doesn't mean you do literally nothing for all the rest of the cases where it will.

Everything is easy.  And saying law enforcement is doing “literally nothing” is probably a touch inaccurate.  Do you have numbers about how many DNA kits, rape case or otherwise have been processed in recent years?  Do you think that number is growing or shrinking?  I don’t have numbers but a bet on the number having grown rapidly is a pretty safe one.  In an ideal world they are all processed in 10 minutes but in case you haven’t looked around we are not living in an ideal world.  You are correct that they won’t all lead to conviction but you’re also correct that some will.  Ascribing a simple solution to something even though a simple solution does not exist is a lazy thing to do.

Does that tape indicate anything to you that there may be some issues wrt to morality that may impact the number of rapes and other crimes that take place to begin with?  That level of unfettered debauchery is not a precursor to a lot of book clubs or pickle ball leagues.  And no I’m not blaming the victim….and no raising children is not an easy thing…..and no….no matter what she did or how bad of a position she put herself into she did not deserve in any way what happened to her that night.  But to pretend it’s all because cops don’t test enough rape kits or that that is even a major factor in the number of rapists on the street is not a well informed opinion.

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Everything is easy.  And saying law enforcement is doing “literally nothing” is probably a touch inaccurate.  Do you have numbers about how many DNA kits, rape case or otherwise have been processed in recent years?  Do you think that number is growing or shrinking?  I don’t have numbers but a bet on the number having grown rapidly is a pretty safe one.  In an ideal world they are all processed in 10 minutes but in case you haven’t looked around we are not living in an ideal world.  You are correct that they won’t all lead to conviction but you’re also correct that some will.  Ascribing a simple solution to something even though a simple solution does not exist is a lazy thing to do.

Does that tape indicate anything to you that there may be some issues wrt to morality that may impact the number of rapes and other crimes that take place to begin with?  That level of unfettered debauchery is not a precursor to a lot of book clubs or pickle ball leagues.  And no I’m not blaming the victim….and no raising children is not an easy thing…..and no….no matter what she did or how bad of a position she put herself into she did not deserve in any way what happened to her that night.  But to pretend it’s all because cops don’t test enough rape kits or that that is even a major factor in the number of rapists on the street is not a well informed opinion.

When you aren't making active efforts to fix systemic problems, it's indeed easy to make progress, because all options are open to you. You haven't run out of options yet, because you haven't tried anything. With respect to the untested rape kits, "nothing" is literally what's being done with respect to the untested ones. According to a 2015 report from the Atlantic, Houston had untested kits going back nearly 30 years. https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2015/02/how-many-crimes-could-clearing-the-rape-kit-backlog-stop/385943/

I'm not "ascribing a simple solution to something", I'm saying that in order for any progress to be made at all, work needs to be done. Laziness is doing nothing and expecting things to improve. We hear people bemoaning all the increased violence that's "plaguing our cities" and yet when people say "hey, here's something to make it better" they cry about tax dollars, personal liberties, or about how it won't completely eradicate the problem, so we shoot it down and choose to do nothing instead. As someone that's basically a professional problem solver, it's maddening.

With respect to your concerns about morality, I throw all of that right out the window as subjective nonsense. Your morality is your personal business, but it's not anyone else's morality and "debauchery" is a again, allowing personal  perception and bias to cloud an actual tangible problem. Kids had raging parties 30, 50, 70, 200 years ago etc, and it's always been the past their prime generations that like to blame all the ills of the world on "kids these days". There's no amount of debauchery possible to excuse or justify someone of being raped.

20 minutes ago, Forlorn hope said:

Translation

" Take as much money from other productive people because I'm lazy and don't want to work. "

It's not Sanskrit, so no reason to translate. Just read it and do your best to comprehend. If you need help, drop me a line.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Everything that could be wrong with a statement on sexual assault is in your statement. He's really absolved of nothing except that it's possible he didn't know she was underage. It's still possible that he knew, as well as it's possible that he's guilty of everything else on top of it. Unfortunately your statements are pretty common in the way people approach these incidents and It's probably why there's so little prevention and so little justice.

Multiple witnesses, including the alleged victims friend said she was telling everyone she was 18, and that Matt Arazia wasn't there during the alleged rape.  You're literally refusing to believe what other women said at this party.

You're the one that is accusing people of lying 

Edited by Forlorn hope

12 minutes ago, Forlorn hope said:

Multiple witnesses, including the alleged victims friend said she was telling everyone she was 18, and that Matt Arazia wasn't there during the alleged rape.  You're literally refusing to believe what other women said at this party.

You're the one that is accusing people of lying 

And now there is a video. I wonder if her lawyer knew about it before a few days ago. I’m sure he’s riproaring mad.

Classy gal

The biggest thing I take from the video is that she’s inside the house having a good time. Everything I read has been that Matt met her outback, they had sex and then he lead her inside where she got gang banged. 

Edited by BananaB
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, BananaB said:

Classy gal

The biggest thing I take from the video is that she’s inside the house having a good time. Everything I read has been that Matt met her outback, they had sex and then he lead her inside where she got gang banged. 

Can you link the video I can't find it.

Nevermind I found it.

Will still wait for the facts to unfold but this doesn't look good for her. She's clearly on the tape telling ppl she's 18. Among other things....

If , and it's a big if still. But if she fabricated this , she needs to go to prison. Like for a year or longer. 

On 8/31/2022 at 4:46 PM, Beck Water said:

I have had the pleasure of several PM convos with self-identified lawyers.  They all seem to concur with the gist of your take on the lawyers, esp, the plaintiff's, that he's doing things regarded as poor practice in litigation and that don't make sense if the goal is to settle for $$ or win.

Laywer for plaintiff appears to be doing it to ruin Araiza's reputation and job career for her and publicity for himself.  He does not care what other laywers think but there will be someone who will hire him because he is a known name now.

On 8/31/2022 at 8:08 PM, Augie said:

Ummmm, Ray Lewis got a TV job. We are quite forgiving! 

But from where we sit today, this looks like a challenge. 

A week from now might look very different. 

What the hell do I know?  🤷‍♂️

Jameis Winston, Kobe Bryant and Ben Roethlisberger managed to continue on quite well.  Maybe punters are not worthy of collective public forgetfulness.

On 9/2/2022 at 8:11 AM, Gugny said:

My point wasn't to say that Araiza is guilty.

My point was to say that there's nothing to show that he's not guilty.

This girl could have gone on video and said, "I want to f*** every guy here tonight!"  

That is still not an invitation to be raped.

two distinct versions of the conversation here: 

do you think he committed a crime

do you think he will be found guilty 

to the first, I’m not sure and am in no rush to decide. I have some initial gut reactions but far fro certain. 

to the second, I’d be really surprised if he was found guilty 

• Agree 1