Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Time to shut down this thread and move on from Araiza. 

278 pages is enough. Cmon admins!

Or you could just ignore the thread? Ariza talk spilling out into other threads isn't going to be any better.

3 minutes ago, billsfan3482 said:

This is the kind of info we should have waited for. Instead of 278 pages of nonsense, bull####. From random online know it alls, garbage reports, from pieced together garbage headlines.  I dont know what will happen with Matt, but instantly saying hes guilty, and saying he had sex with a 17 year, "oh hes done", "his life is over" "what a scumbag" ive even read someone call him a "creeper" as if he preyed on young girls or something.  Bunch of high horse riding, church goers who hide their past behind a computer screen.

This lawyer made a few statements that should make alot of you embarassed and rethink your Bedroom law degrees! Passing on judgement on people and topics

you know nothing about.

2 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

A guy said she told everyone she was 18.  A guy said it was consensual.  She said it was not consensual.  That is what he said vs she said means.  The Police and DA then have to do all the work and frequently it is still exactly where it started.  A he said vs she said.

In between admiring these artworks of exculpatory prose, it almost pains me to point out two things:

1) That's Araiza's lawyer.  He's paid to defend Araiza and present him as not guilty/minimize his involvement

2) It has happened before that, if asked to swear that their friend/teammate is a banana, friends and teammates would so swear.  Does not make Matt Araiza a banana because his friends and teammates say so.

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

In between admiring these artworks of exculpatory prose, it almost pains me to point out two things:

1) That's Araiza's lawyer.  He's paid to defend Araiza and present him as not guilty/minimize his involvement

2) It has happened before that, if asked to swear that their friend/teammate is a banana, friends and teammates would so swear.  Does not make Matt Araiza a banana because his friends and teammates say so.

1. So your saying hes  guilty and is paying a lawyer to cover up his involvement.  How about he's 100% not guilty and hired a lawyer to protect him.

2. I like bannas.  

3 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

A guy said she told everyone she was 18.  A guy said it was consensual.  She said it was not consensual.  That is what he said vs she said means.  The Police and DA then have to do all the work and frequently it is still exactly where it started.  A he said vs she said.

She said the sex with Araiza was consensual (or non-forced if you prefer) not the gang rape.  And the lawyer says he has witnesses who will testify that she claimed to be 18 (not that I believe for a second that a 17-year old high schooler, potentially looking to hook up with a college guy at a college party, would admit to being jailbait).  So, as I suspected, there is his defense.

And this clarified that it wasn't his residence.  Which makes him dragging her into the house to be raped by his housemates unlikely.  But we'll see if any evidence to the contrary comes out.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBud17 said:

We don't need to hear about Bills character and culture anymore from Sean and Brandon after this. Hopefully they learned and know Buffalo don't want no one on our team with those types of allegations. This will linger for awhile but we can get back to focusing on a football...and may the young girl get justice.

Hot takes like this are whats wrong with the hot pocket on steroids generation.  The Bills officially learned about this all a month ago.  The guy was cut once the full details of the night came out.  Done. Over.    That’s called doing your due diligence, making a difficult decision and moving forward. And compared to soooo many other teams and situations, Beane moved extremely quickly and purposefully.  

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

That's Araiza's lawyer.  He's paid to defend Araiza and present him as not guilty/minimize his involvement

Lawyers on both sides are advocates and anything they put out publicly is designed to persuade the court of public opinion to their respective sides. If you rely on the information put out by either attorney as completely factual, you are a fool. 

Last I checked, the investigation by law enforcement hadn't been released. So, we really have no idea what the actual facts are - just the versions of those facts put out by each side.

• Agree 4

Just now, wppete said:

You know he did admit to having  sex with a minor? No coming. Ack from that. 

Pretty sure he didn't admit that.

He admitted to having sex with someone that was saying she was 18 (according to his lawyers investigation) so for what that is worth, he thought he was having sex with an 18 yr old.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

Depends on the evidence. I think he could come back from it as long as he isn’t found guilty of statutory rape - or, of course, worse.

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Dan Gilleon is a piece...of something.

Wtf is wrong with this guy.  He complains that no one has been taking him seriously, meanwhile he’s throwing insults left and right.  Does he really care about the victim he is supposedly representing, or more worried about the attention for himself?

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, wppete said:

This video is from few pages back. Its matts lawyer stating he did nothing wrong with having sex with her. He had proof, the girl was telling everyone at the party she was 18..  Matt it not some creeper pedophile.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

His defense atty laid out in the video upthread why it will not be a crime, whether he did have sex or not. Based On the witnesses he has. 

I don't even think he needs the witnesses.  Does anyone believe she was telling people at the party that she was 17 and/or didn't look 18?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

His defense atty laid out in the video upthread why it will not be a crime, whether he did have sex or not. Based On the witnesses he has. 

His defense attorney says it’s not a crime to have sex with a minor???👍 

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel horrible for him and his family if this isn’t true but if he’s cleared he will be signed 

Exactly. The Bills had to release him because of PR. They don’t have time to wait for everything to play out. 

If Matt didn’t do anything he’ll be cleared and on a new team shortly after.