Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

14 minutes ago, Forlorn hope said:

I do think something happened with this girl and I think something dark happened with the SDSU/SDPD in relation to the 300 million dollar stadium during this investigation....

That being said after seeing how this lawyer operates, it wouldn't shock me if someone handed him an envelope to purposely screw this case up. 

Somone somewhere needs to help this girl get representation with integrity....

BINGO. Integrity has been sorely lacking in this entire situation from the victims attorney. I happen to think he is doing she a disservice with how this has been handled.. Ill say it once more. What I want is justice in this situation for the victim and I question his tactics in getting her that.

m

Edited by muppy

11 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

I think its still debatable whether releasing a guy within days of a lawsuit going public is the "right thing" to do. 

And let's not kid ourselves -- if Matt Araiza was a franchise QB, there's a 0% chance he isn't on an NFL roster preparing for week 1 right now. Would it be the Bills? Who can say. But based on what little real evidence is out there right now, somebody would he taking the chance on him. Guaranteed. 

We all need to keep in mind that we don't know what the Bills know.  

I am extremely uncomfortable with Matt Araiza (or any player) being released based on what we know right now.  We, the general public, don't even know what Araiza's side of the story even is.  None of us can possibly have an informed opinion of whether it's credible, to what degree it conflicts with the version of events laid out in the complaint, whether he's changed his story over time, etc. 

I can easily imagine a situation in which the Bills had excellent reasons for dumping Araiza.  For example, suppose hypothetically that he told them back in July that he never touched Jane Doe and now last week he admits to having consensual sex with her -- I would absolutely be in favor of firing an employee who lied about something like that, or omitted that kind of major detail from his story.  These kinds of issues often come down to who you're going to believe, and why take the word of somebody who has already been dishonest with me once?  But again, this is just speculation and I have no idea if anything like this happened. 

Unfortunately, I can also easily imagine a situation in which the Bills made an effort to get their facts straight, decided that there wasn't enough evidence to take any action against Araiza, and then got cowed into doing so by a Twitter mob.  I would be disappointed if that's what the Bills did, but a) it's been known to happen and b) I have no idea if that's what actually happened.

I argued over the weekend for withholding judgement on Araiza until we had better information.  I'm strongly inclined to give the Bills the same benefit of the doubt.  They have a pretty good track record and their incentives were aligned correctly.  I have no reason to think that they acted improperly, so I'll assume their decisions were reasonable until shown evidence to the contrary.     

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, BillsFanSD said:

The story is more complicated than that.

The victim claims that she had consensual sex with Araiza.  She does not allege that he raped her, or that he was a direct participant in the gang rape -- that occurred later on.  It is highly likely that a rape kit will find clear, compelling evidence that Jane Doe was raped, and it might find traces of Araiza's DNA.  That doesn't tell us anything incriminating.  We "know" that Araiza probably hooked up with Doe, and we "know" that Doe was later raped by multiple assailants who were probably not Matt Araiza.  The worst case scenario for Araiza is that the rape kit comes back consistent with that story.  The results of the forensics test can really only be exculpatory -- they can't make things worse for him.  

Araiza is in trouble because of two specific allegations.  (1) Doe sort of thinks that Araiza might have tampered with her drink.  That is a huge, massive deal, but if you read the complaint you'll see that she really only vaguely waves in the direction of this argument.  I don't know that she's really raising this allegation with any level of seriousness.  (2) Doe says that Araiza led her into a room where he knew or should have known that she would be raped.  Again, this is an extremely serious allegation that should lead to prison time if true.  I do not want this guy on my team if either he did either of these things.  But no rape test can possibly resolve either claim.  

I agree with the point about the complication.  But I think you’re underselling the rape kit.  She could have been really, really beat up.  The rape kit will confirm that part of the story. 

I appreciate that you’re noting Araiza’s defense, which essentially is that I thought I engaged in a sexual act with a person of age whom I didn’t intoxicate and whom I did not traffic.  Fair enough.  But don’t underestimate how inflammatory those results could be.  Add that in with what allegedly was his “forgetfulness” on the phone and things suddenly get a little dicier for him. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How much evidence became inadmissible thanks to the "Clarence Darrow of Twitter" Dan Galleon? 

I think it might be the other way. Arazia Lawyer can not now claim that any of this information is "Privilege" because its all public.

What's revealing to me with arazia, is if he is innocent, he would seemingly cooperate with police and tell the authorities who was at the party. Show the police his phone, texts, timelines etc.

If he was guilty, logic would entail the prisoners dilemma and one of these guys would turn on the other. 

This is why I think something very shady is going on with SDSU, SDPD

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

56 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Why is the media, specifically Buffalo News, still killing the Bills management about this?  They did the right thing.  They released the guy within 48 hours of when the girl's side of the story was released publicly.  They did not know these details previously.  

It's like some journalists are dying to make their career on this story as if they are breaking "new" news.  Which they are not.  

Ahhh, simpler times 

Screenshot-20220829-100746.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

OK have to ask.  Not going to try and read 276 pages to find it but believe

@SlimShady'sSpaceForce

commented that he's a bit busy with his day job preparing for the NASA moon launch to comment too much on this thread.

Just read the launch was canceled for today, do wonder if Two Bills Drive participation is the root cause of the delay??

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Why is the media, specifically Buffalo News, still killing the Bills management about this?  They did the right thing.  They released the guy within 48 hours of when the girl's side of the story was released publicly.  They did not know these details previously.  

It's like some journalists are dying to make their career on this story as if they are breaking "new" news.  Which they are not.  

The criticism is of the following three varieties, all of which are unfair in my opinion since they're still based on minimal information:

1.  The Bills should have known about the allegations pre-draft.  This assumes it was widely known or knowable pre-draft.

2. The Bills should have taken immediate action after they found out about the accusations over the summer.  This assumes that in July they had access to all the details contained in the civil suit.

3.  The Bills waited too long after the the news broke to act. This assumes all accusations are credible and ignores the stated goal of the victim's attorney which was to generate enough media attention to pressure the police and DA to get moving on the criminal charges.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

I think it might be the other way. Arazia Lawyer can not now claim that any of this information is "Privilege" because its all public.

Judge can though, because of that exact reason

2 minutes ago, marck said:

Please mods close this topic

SO yo had to click on this topic, go to the last page and then post this message.

You could have also just not have clicked on the link to open this topic, but here we are. 

AKA "LAMP LAMP LAMP"

Edited by CountDorkula
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

It's a Molotov cocktail because of the potential of prejudicing a potential juror. I can't see how it helps his client get justice.

It amazes me this topic is still going after the dude is no longer a Buffalo Bill and literally nothing new is being contributed but repeat information and confirmation bias. I will include my useless post for the proactive response to the trolls

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Forlorn hope said:

What's revealing to me with arazia, is if he is innocent, he would seemingly cooperate with police and tell the authorities who was at the party. Show the police his phone, texts, timelines etc.

If he was guilty, logic would entail the prisoners dilemma and one of these guys would turn on the other. 

dangerous assumption as cooperating with the police is not always in the persons best interest even if not a part of the main accusation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

OK have to ask.  Not going to try and read 276 pages to find it but believe one of the posters, actually think it was one of the moderators commented that he's a bit busy with his day job preparing for the NASA moon launch to comment too much on this thread.

Just read the launch was canceled for today, do wonder if Two Bills Drive participation is the root cause of the delay??

Anyone know who that was??

Search engine here ain't great, but it will do an adequate job finding unusual terms like "moon" in a thread.

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, Forlorn hope said:

Strongly recommend that you watch this, for your own benefit and the benefit of people you know and love.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1