Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

Just now, UKBillFan said:

Allegedy. So many in this thread have decided he is guilty.

I haven't seen that, I've seen most saying cut him and move on, its not worth having him on this team right now.

If he was to be found guilty and was still on this team, the Bills are in a much worse position. Risk i not worth it. 

This is not a two weeks and its over. This is going to be a several month process. 

Just now, TampaBillsJunkie said:

May or not be, but the team already made up its mind. He is on record saying there was mutual consent, but she's a minor so that's no good either. 

The Bills are not the law, they do not need to prove innocence or guilt, they need to care on if having him on this team is worth the circus this will bring over the next months. 

they decided its not worth the risk

1 minute ago, phypon said:

I'm getting the feeling this was Sean's call and Beane might have been more on the fence.  Just a feeling...

there seems to a slight undertone of not wanting to suddenly be the daily face of this from Sean

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

This sucks.This kid was a keeper and could have been one of the best punters in Bills history. We'd flip the field at any time from any place. But he goes and punts with his third leg and kills his own career. 

NFL history. 

Watch a scumbag team pick him up.  At least we have our morals!

So hard because he was talented and a Bill.  At least we took the moral high ground!

13 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

NFL history. 

If he is not charged criminally and found not liable or settles in the civil case, there will be a line for him. In any case, the Bills just wasted a 6th round draft pick. And no compensation for us if he does get picked up.

Edited by chongli
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

He's a football player, obviously its only about the money. {Rolls eyes}

He was a college senior with little draft stock when the first movements were filed, so it debunks the whole damn thing. 

I stand for the truth… If he’s guilty he should be held accountable

but Just because he didn’t have high draft stock didn’t mean he didn’t have an NFL future… He absolutely was the most high profile of the players named… And he had an NFL future

Something none of the other players named had a chance of 

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

NFL history. 

So hard because he was talented and a Bill.  At least we took the moral high ground!

The bills kept tyrell Dodson who was not only accused of domestic violence, was arrested for it

• Agree 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I stand for the truth… If he’s guilty he should be held accountable

but Just because he didn’t have high draft stock didn’t mean he didn’t have an NFL future… He absolutely was the most high profile of the players named… And he had an NFL future

Something none of the other players named had a chance of 

yet they are still named in the lawsuit no?

Lets ask rape victims if money just magically makes the torture go away. 

3 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

yet they are still named in the lawsuit no?

Lets ask rape victims if money just magically makes the torture go away. 

They Maybe in the lawsuit but their names not getting airtime in the media

that is MA 

Do people forget the Duke lacrosse rape scandal which was all a lie?

I 100% stand for rape victims but this is an accusation… Nothing has came to light

This country was founded on innocent until proven guilty… Innocent until proven guilty

not vice versa 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

That last question was ridiculous - there's an ongoing civil process with a potential criminal process, of course they will have to say no comment to some questions.

I think both were as open and honest as they could be considering the circumstances, though I don't think cutting Haack and keeping Araiza was addressed?

• Agree 1

Just now, CircleTheWagons99 said:

How long before he is a Patriot? Or Brown?

Who cares?  He's gone.  Right, wrong, or otherwise.  It WAS a big distraction and hopefully in the next couple of days things start getting back to normal around here now that he is gone, and we can all look forward to a great season.

Some interesting questions,

1. She spoke to the police who conducted an investigation in October but did not press criminal charges YET.

2. The police did a forensic examination for rape in October. If his DNA was found wouldn't he have been arrested last year?

3. She wrote about it in her journal, which the police were not interested in. And his name is never mentioned.

4. We only heard about this AFTER he made the 53-man roster.

5. She admitted being drunk, semi unconscious, and face down but knows it was him.

I am not saying he is guilty or innocent, but these questions need to answered before anyone passes judgement. 

Edited by Kellyhero68
typo

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Is this gonna be like releasing the enemy in "Saving Private Ryan?" 

I hope PuntGod is shot down to hell never sees a football field again, especially against the Bills. 

Sounds harsh... Unless he comes out clean, which he won't! 

The League needs to stand by the Bills here... Morally.

Morally it needs to play out through due process. If charges are not bought, he is found not guilty and/or settles then he will probably turn up for a NFL team again. If found guilty, he'll have more things to worry about than punting and rightly so.

1 minute ago, Kellyhero68 said:

Some interesting questions,

1. She spoke to the police who conducted an investigation in October but did not press criminal charges YET.

2. The police did a forensic examination for rape in October. If his DNA was found wouldn't he have been arrested last year?

3. She wrote about it in her journal, which the police were not interested in. And his name is never mentioned.

4. We only heard about this AFTER he made the 53-man roster.

5. She admitted being drunk, semi unconscious, and face down but seems to remember him by name.

I am saying he is guilty or innocent, but these questions need to answered before anyone passes judgement. 

its kind of sounds like you are.......

I get the sense that BB was on the wait it out side. “He needs time to manage this situation”

But McD was on the “these are serious accusations and we are empathetic of the victim”

The ladies in the house are not happy with Bean at the moment and appreciated McD interjecting.