Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Accused is the key word … Not arrested or convicted

I absolutely am against abuse of women… But in this country you’re innocent until proven guilty not vice versa

It is a slippery slope to start treating accused people as guilty 

I'm trying to think how the Bills could have handed the situation better without cutting him. Suspending him immediately from playing and placing him on the practice squad would have been a good start.

This whole situation is so gross.  I have to stay off Twitter rn because the amount of high profile Bills fans cheering the fact we are likely cutting this punter over an allegation really feels disgusting.  

I understand what he’s accused of, and if true, he deserves all of this, but man… we are such a hateful society sometimes. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

This whole situation is so gross.  I have to stay off the Twitter rn because the amount of high profile Bills fans cheering the fact we are likely cutting this punter over an allegation really feels disgusting.  

I understand what he’s accused of, and if true, he deserves all of this, but man… we are such a hateful society sometimes. 

Individuals don't matter now. If they benefit the team then they're in. In they don't then they don't deserve a second thought.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, phypon said:

I've had this link running in the background forever now.  I've heard the weather so many times.  If you want to know the weather tomorrow, just ask.  

I’ll bite. I live 2,600 miles from Buffalo now. How’s the humidity?

Just now, UKBillFan said:

Individuals don't matter now. If they benefit the team then they're in. In they don't then they don't deserve a second thought.

One can have a nuanced view of this and understand it’s the right move for the team, but also a really awful situation that has devastated two peoples lives now.  

One of them most definitely did not deserve it.. and the other, we have no idea if they do or not, yet people are metaphorically popping bottles after leading the online charge to destroy this man’s life by declaring him guilty in the court of public opinion. 

I get it from a Bills perspective.  On a human level, it’s all awful. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1