Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

23 minutes ago, vincec said:

How can the organization possibly not be to blame? The said that they did a “thorough investigation” and then decided to cut Haack. Now it looks like they were full of crap and just did a cursory investigation before dismissing the issue. Obviously they took it very lightly which was a huge mistake and is frankly unbelievable given the seriousness of the accusations and the current environment with Watson.

I meant that the organization is not the police and can not really do a thorough investigation.  Agree the statement was terrible.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, nkreed said:

Personally, that doesn't jive with his first statement. Specifically the part where McDermott says that his "heart and prayers go out to all involved, and that includes Matt..." This came on the heels of the Skurski question about Matt being a great kid. 

Is there a chance that the Bills know more information and that Ariza is being slandered and McD is angry at that?

(I'm not saying that's the case)

Sean is a religious man. I’m sure prayers to Matt is one of two things, one that he not be judged erroneously and two, if he feels he is culpable that Matt does the right thing moving forward.

I’m not a deeply religious guy, just my thoughts.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think it's very telling that McDermott was asked straight out whether he thinks Matt lied to him and he said "I'm not going to get into that".

I think if he felt the answer was "No, Never" he'd have said so.

That press conference was extremely concerning to me not only about the Araiza situation but that there could be a very big disconnect in the organization 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

I think it's very telling that McDermott was asked straight out whether he thinks Matt lied to him and he said "I'm not going to get into that".

I don't. Because of this thread and how Twitter is, if he comes out and says that, well then, "The Bills think that gang rape is okay."

Because that's exactly what has happened in the last 24+ hours.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

31 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Didn’t we have Dotson on a list like this last year

Dodson was suspended by the league as a rookie in 2019.

Araiza can not be suspended by the league because the event in question occurred before he was drafted and the CBA prohibits this.

I think it's a little less clear whether the Commissioner could put Araiza on the exempt list while this works out.

31 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I’ll tell you what though after listening to McDermott and that press conference I don’t think there’s a chance in hell punt God is on this team tomorrow

Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

He would have to know more of the story to answer the question.  He is learning this, while traveling and literally working around the clock to prepare for a game.  He wanted to focus on the players busting ass to make the team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I’d think it’s the opposite 

If he felt disrespected by matt and that he was straight up lied too by him he would say yes I feel I was misled and we are letting him go 

15 minutes ago, vincec said:

If they really thought there would not be a massive public backlash then they are out of touch with reality. If they were going to stick with Araiza through this then they needed to be 100% confident in his side, which McDermott didn’t sound like at the PC.

Could be something like they spoke to a witness, who has since recanted a favorable belief on araiza. does seem like something changed in a hurry.

mcd didnt keep this dude around for 6 weeks, and then realize at press conference that the squeeze isnt worth the juice. something changed quick imo

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

He really can’t say that.  Regardless of what he believes, saying “No, Never” would have put a bounty on his head from the Twitter crowd. 

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

If he felt disrespected by matt and that he was straight up lied too by him he would say yes I feel I was misled and we are letting him go 

Fair viewpoint. 

I thought it seemed pretty clear he was not happy (felt disrespected?) that Araiza/his attorney put out a statement during the game.

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Woof!

I have never seen McDermott look both so furious and so personally distressed

Damn, like DAMN. 

He seems exhausted, furious, and heartbroken. Some of the ways he didn’t answer a question and his mannerisms were more telling than if he actually said yes or no.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I didn't get the sense he was lied to by a player. Is he going to lose sleep over that??

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

That press conference was extremely concerning to me not only about the Araiza situation but that there could be a very big disconnect in the organization 

I disagree completely with the second half. This is a tough thing that he is dealing with, walking the tight rope of saying something about it without saying anything at all.

I don't believe there's a disconnect here, I think it's just an extremely difficult position for him to be in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1