Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

6 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Does a good man get put into a position where he can be accused of gang rape?

Araiza’s defence is that he led her to a room to rest, left her alone, and there are witnesses saying he was not in the house when the rape took place IIRC.

I’m not saying he’s being truthful or lying - just laying out the defence.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, vincec said:

How can the organization possibly not be to blame? The said that they did a “thorough investigation” and then decided to cut Haack. Now it looks like they were full of crap and just did a cursory investigation before dismissing the issue. Obviously they took it very lightly which was a huge mistake and is frankly unbelievable given the seriousness of the accusations and the current environment with Watson.

I think the wording was “thorough examination” 

15 minutes ago, StHustle said:

At this point I think the only thing that can save this kid is taking a polygraph test by an independent firm and passing with flying colors. Not sure if this sort of resolution has been discussed within the 50 pages since I was last active.

polygraphs are WILDLY inaccurate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, vincec said:

How can the organization possibly not be to blame? The said that they did a “thorough investigation” and then decided to cut Haack. Now it looks like they were full of crap and just did a cursory investigation before dismissing the issue. Obviously they took it very lightly which was a huge mistake and is frankly unbelievable given the seriousness of the accusations and the current environment with Watson.

we don’t know they took it lightly. They spoke to both attorneys and probably tried the police. What if they know no charges are coming? His attorney seems pretty confident in no charges. If he thought they were coming he’d be saying much different things. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I think the wording was “thorough examination” 

There is also no evidence that the Bills did not conduct a thorough examination but I highly doubt they would have been able to access the alleged victim’s journal or the text messages between the attorneys, for example.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

we don’t know they took it lightly. They spoke to both attorneys and probably tried the police. What if they know no charges are coming? His attorney seems pretty confident in no charges. If he thought they were coming he’d be saying much different things. 

So I’m just spit balling on this maybe they talked to both of the lawyers and tried to talk to the police who wouldn’t give any information because there was no information to give at that time and that’s where they left their investigation you got admit it’s a long time from the time that it happened to today

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

If the alleged victim’s attorney was confident of criminal charges he wouldn’t be pushing a civil case. I think the statue is 12 months so he could have held back another eight weeks if the criminal charge was moving at a glacial pace.

I get a weird feeling that there is something else bothering McD about this.  

He needs to snap out of it, trim the roster, get a punter/holder and get ready for the season.  

Someone else (Beane and the legal department) in the organization should be working the issue of getting the information they need.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bob in STL said:

He needs to snap out of it, trim the roster, get a punter/holder and get ready for the season.  

Someone else (Beane and the legal department) in the organization should be working the issue of getting the information they need.  

Agree with first part

Accused and rape are the hard things for me to come to terms with on this. The rape I can't comprehend how awful that must be. Accused of something you (maybe) didn't do also awful. I say the second part because it's still possible, although unlikely.

Edited by london_bills

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

If they really thought there would not be a massive public backlash then they are out of touch with reality. If they were going to stick with Araiza through this then they needed to be 100% confident in his side, which McDermott didn’t sound like at the PC.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Someone lied to him is what I think. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Bob in STL said:

I believe he should not have been the first Bills person to speak publicly about the allegations.  I’m sure that played into his emotions.

Sean is a stand up guy who expects everyone around him to also be.  I believe he feels he was lied to by MA regarding the facts.  The kind of person he is, breaking his trust is devastating.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Are you serious?

He evaded every question. 

How many times did he say "we have work to do"

Wtf does that even mean ?

Well, I can give you my "reading of the tea leaves" but there is no guarantee it's correct.

-contrary to the statement put out by the Bills, McDermott does not feel the Bills investigation was thorough enough: "We've got work to do" was his answer to that question.  Translation: "No."

-He is dissatisfied with the statement put out by the Bills organization and by the policy of "wait and see" that it implies: " We've got work to do" means no, we're not going to wait and see, we're going to get to the bottom of this as best we can, make sure we have all the information we can gather, and show leadership.

-He refused to answer a direct question "do you feel Matt lied to you?"  He said he was not aware that Matt/his attorney were going to put out a statement during the game, he's aware of it now (he did not look happy about this).  I think if he felt Araiza had been completely honest and transparent with him he would have said "Yes"

-When asked if there was information he didn't already have, he said "some, I'm not going to deny that" - that reinforces the impression he doesn't feel the Bills investigation was thorough or that Araiza was completely honest and transparent.

The "work we have to do" is to gather and lay out all the information the Bills already have access to and any more they can collect, decide whether that information justifies keeping Matt Araiza and whether it indicates lack of honesty or transparency on Araiza's part, and act accordingly.  He is not going to let the organization adopt a stone-wall "wait and see" approach

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4