Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

At this point I think the only thing that can save this kid is taking a polygraph test by an independent firm and passing with flying colors. Not sure if this sort of resolution has been discussed within the 50 pages since I was last active.

Just now, The Red King said:

Maybe I'm old-fashion, but I have an issue with anyone being punished based on accusations and assumptions alone.  Now if any part of this ends up being true I will immediately help yeet him out of town.

You are totally right in my opinion. There is a point that alot of these things don't end up getting prosecuted but I hear you. He won't be on the team though. 

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Put him on an inactive list that keeps him away from the team off the field and out of a bill’s uniform for right now until this plays out

Don't they have to be injured to be placed on the inactive list?

5 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

My opinion is that the Bills intend to cut this guy. But, they need to go through the league and the NFLPA to make sure they do it properly. McDermott sure looked like he was ready to cut him and leave him in Charlotte.

Why would they even have to wait? We need to make roster cuts. You aren’t required to explain why you are cutting a guy. 30 guys are about to be cut. It’s that simple 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Just watched the post-game press conference. Seems pretty obvious to me McD did not have all the facts that came out in the lawsuit. That tells me two things. Araiza lied to the Bills and the organization did not get all the facts. I don't blame the organization. Its ludicrous to think they can investigate this on their own.

Knowing what they know they should have cut him before the game. Even letting him fly home is wrong. 

McD's reaction when asked about female members of Bills mafia was painful to watch. I've been a vocal critic of McD frequently on this board, but he generally looked broken in that press conference. I will have a new found respect for him when they release Araiza tomorrow. 

There was a tweet that the locker between Ferg and Bass was empty with no name plate after the game. 

It’s possible they just got him out of there before the reporters came in. It’s also possible he’s but. Already angry McD seemed extra angry about the mid game statement. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Put him on an inactive list that keeps him away from the team off the field and out of a bill’s uniform for right now until this plays out

Would this count against the Bills' 53-man roster spot or a PS spot, or is there a list like a suspended list they could place him on without repercussion? Just asking, because I am not sure how this would work.

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

How about a star QB where something comes out about an incident during his college days?

You make a good point about the hypocrisy. I actually think they rated the punter very highly and if it was a lower player on the bubble he would of been gone earlier.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, muppy said:

I think he had a huge debacle to deal with today as well as game prep for a preseason game. So No I don't expect he to be at the top of his chat game in retrospect.  I think he is above all a man of empathy for all involved in this mess. That is why Im proud of him tonight. He's a human being not just a  football coach. 

Muppy at some point the Bills are going to have to start answering questions. 

"We have work to do" isn't going to cut it

They have to start answering questions on timelines and what did they know and when did they know it ?

If they don't the press is going to start circling like sharks around a bloody kill.

It will only get worse from here 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

The nameplate being off of his locker is ominous for him as is mcd’s entire words and body language. Guilty or not, wouldn’t be surprised if McD doesn’t want him on the team because he has an actual ginormous game to get ready for and doesn’t have the time or energy to deal with this 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

Just now, Rc2catch said:

I actually thought he just looked completely exhausted. Almost zombie like. When he said he hasn’t slept much I fully believed him. 

Yeah, there was definitely that element too.

I just thought he was gritting his teeth in a mammoth effort to stay calm and controlled.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Maybe I'm old-fashion, but I have an issue with anyone being punished based on accusations and assumptions alone.  Now if any part of this ends up being true I will immediately help yeet him out of town.

Sorry that’s not how it works anymore. Not automatically believing every accusation means you’re a victim blamer. And if you aren’t immediately calling for the accused to be fired/arrested then that means you’re complicit.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

If the SDPD hasn’t even made a charge after 10 months… how the hell can anyone expect 2 retired rent-o-cops from WNY in Buffalo (Bills) add to any kind of clarity? They didn’t. 

bills could never properly vet this before or after. Cut him, move on. Sorry, but life is tough, punters are highly expendable. He can get a punt job next year, if cleared. 

Edited by Since1981

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

The nameplate being off of his locker is ominous for him as is mcd’s entire words and body language. Guilty or not, wouldn’t be surprised if McD doesn’t want him on the team because he has an actual ginormous game to get ready for and doesn’t have the time or energy to deal with this 

I thought that at first too, but then wasn't sure if maybe it wasn't standard practice to not install one for guys who aren't dressing. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I think that they wanted to release him but due to the mishap statement made by the bills yesterday they felt like they had to prove something by not playing him. I think they were just trying to make a statement today by doing that. He will be cut along with the other players when they go down to 53 and they will sign Bojorquez due to familiarity 

Is bojo available?

• Disagree 1