Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

10 minutes ago, Mango said:

From a football perspective, let McD get back to work, and refocus the team on football. Let the front of house people manage the front of house. 

Why do people keep saying this?

It’s always been McDermott’s job to be up there on the podium. It’s how he wanted things…

14 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Woof!

I have never seen McDermott look both so furious and so personally distressed

Something about this world where a strong man of God like McDermott needs to listen to trash reporters try to bait him into ruining his career by asking low-ball questions. 

"What do you have to say to the women!" says the male reporter. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

How about a deal?

If anybody is arrested and charged for raping that teenage girl, I toss you out of here.

If a bloodied, bruised, gang-raped teenage girl turns out to be the B word you claim, you can stay.

Deal?

I commend you for your respect for women.

I do not give a hoot if Araiza is the next Moorman, get him out of here.

The classiest thing this franchise can do is dump him and throw him under the bus publicly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Did you all see the McD press conference in the game day thread ?

One of the most embarrassing things I have ever seen

Cut this clown punter and be done with it. This team doesn’t need this distraction. McD looked more stressed than he did over last year’s chiefs loss. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, muppy said:

I think Coach McDermott handled this as honestly, as real, and as transparent as he can be considering the circumstances. And the position this debacle has placed on his team And himself as a man of character. Im proud of him. well done Coach. You answered as succinctly as was necessary imo. He's not going to spout off any clickbait headlines that is for sure.

Are you serious?

He evaded every question. 

How many times did he say "we have work to do"

Wtf does that even mean ?

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I highly doubt we properly vetted pre-draft though it’s interesting that Warwow indicated that some teams were aware of the allegations at that point. I imagine the biggest cloud is what has happened after 30th July. 

Also, who cut Haack? If it was McDermott, what information dud he have on Araiza prior to making that decision and what did he find out in the last 24 hours?

I have been on the “there’s no way the Bills didn’t know train”. There are teams that employ former LEO to help vet our prospects. 

But maybe after hearing McD? If I recall there were mock drafts with Araiza in the 2nd or 3rd. If other teams had him that high, they certainly would have been that thorough.  But the Bills could have just been not super interested but was then available in the 6th.

Thats probably not the case, and more me limbering up for mental gymnastics for my favorite sports team. I think the Bills were tied to Araiza pretty early on by reports. 

This one is on them. 

1 minute ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Are you serious?

What can he say? Legally, he has to choose his words very carefully. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Are you serious?

What would you have liked him to say? 

You’ve had about 30 minutes to review the questions and don’t have the pressure of the podium. Let’s hear your desired response to questions about an ongoing legal case…

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

Cut this clown punter and be done with it. This team doesn’t need this distraction. McD looked more stressed than he did over last year’s chiefs loss. 

One of the many reasons that I really like having McDermott as our coach. He prioritizes the human element. It’s also why his team respects him so much. His code of ethics, as far as I can see, very much aligns with mine.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

That was a hard watch with the coach. But it’s also possible he decided to take that on instead of Beane or anyone else. Might of been his decision to speak first. Those are live flying bullets and no time to prepare an answer and he’s quite good at handling those. 

• Agree 1