Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

I wonder what it was he learned.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Probably the details in the civil suit. It just dropped yesterday

that’s what I’m thinking he’s referring to.  Although TECHNICALLYYYY that came out like 29 hours ago

With every passing hour I’m kinda thinking maybe it’s best to just end this thing. Cut him and just move on. If it turns out it’s all BS then that’s unfortunate (for him to lose his job) but at this point…just move forward and get rid of the dark cloud and distraction. 

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

They may have. It was released during the game and he was coaching 

But talk about undermining him - sure, release the statement, and the first guy who’s going to get asked about it won’t be told it’s going to happen.

Even if Araiza is not charged, and either settles or is found not guilty in civil court, I’m not sure if McDermott will want to work with him.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

After McDermott's press conference, it is abundantly clear that, as I theorized, the Bills only had light knowledge of these accusations prior to yesterday, and they were probably misled.

I think Araiza will be cut once they're back in Buffalo.

It's interesting that Mcd decision was to not play him, wouldn't that be the GM and head coaches decisions?

• Disagree 1

Just now, UKBillFan said:

But talk about undermining him - sure, release the statement, and the first guy who’s going to get asked about it won’t be told it’s going to happen.

Even if Araiza is not charged, and either settles or is found not guilty in civil court, I’m not sure if McDermott will want to work with him.

The problem he's got is he can't keep him on the team. Loses the team.

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

That was uncomfortable to watch. McDermott didn’t say much yet was pretty damning.

Three competing issues:

1. Team has exculpatory information that it would be EXTREMELY inappropriate to address now.

2. Bad PR, regardless of MA’s guilt or innocence, might prevent team from keeping him as they “search for truth.”

3. Team received extremely damning information 24 hours ago.

I think number three is unlikely; if it was the case, he would’ve been cut by sun up.  Number one would be brutal, as it would suck to stand up there and take those questions, knowing you can’t fully explain your position. IMO, number two is most likely. That’s a lot of pressure bubbling up right before the start of the season of highest expectations in a generation  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I'm guessing Araiza's agent and he gave a far more mild interpretation of what happened and the Bills PI saw the cops were sitting on it and signed off on it being a likely non-factor. Then all this info comes out and McD, who seemed to really like Araiza, suddenly has a bombshell drop on him that those allegations that seemed unlikely may have actually been true and that the kid he's been working with and getting close with might very well be a despicable person who raped an underaged girl. It's that betrayal that is a huge gut punch.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, Bangarang said:

Might be time to move on and end this PR nightmare. He’s just a punter. 

The decision should be based on what he did, not the role on the team. If he was a rookie first round QB it’d be “ah well, let’s see if he’s actually guilty first”.

McDermott looked to be quite upset with the situation. 

Whatever the outcome, be it good or bad, i hope it is the right one as to what actually happened. 

I hope the liar(s) in this situation get their comeuppance regardless of which side it is. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

Sometimes Venn Diagrams are just one circle. 

It's fascinating that even though we all KNOW we don't actually know anything concretely about this situation, most of us are eager to make ALL KINDS OF JUDGMENTS/DECISIONS. 

McDermott's energy tonight hopefully means the Bills won't be downplaying and soft-pedaling this thing any longer. Hopefully they will do the right thing, whatever that ends up being. 

Your first part is true.

There seems to be only one option.