Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

I completely agree - that's why my solution from the very beginning was to release him regardless of guilt or innocence. You take all emotion and judgement out of the equation and you solve the problem. If he's innocent, you can try to re-sign him, and if he ends up getting picked up elsewhere, he's just a punter. Grab a new one next year.

Evidently the Bills don’t agree… perhaps they have some further information that we are not yet  privy to…

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Correct, apparently not known by anyone prior to the draft, schools seems to have sat on the story too.  Bills apparently made aware of it around 6 weeks ago.  Also, the civil attorney representing here shared texts between him and Matt's attorney that show that her civil attorney had been in contact with the Bills and their attorney at the very least through emails.  

Bills also released a statement acknowledging they had previously been made aware of it and both conducted their own investigation into the matter but also will offer no further comment on the matter given its ongoing civil case at the moment.  

So, they knew for over a month before cutting Haack, conducted their own investigation, and clearly felt comfortable enough with what they found to be willing to stick with Matt and cut Haack at that time.  

Of course, at any moment that can change and they can be made aware of new info that leads them to cut Matt at any time too.  But for the time being, they seemingly were comfortable with their findings based on what they knew at the time they cut Haack.  Especially for an organization with women in leadership and coaching.  

Thank you for the non-sensationalized summary

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tanoros said:

By and large the vast majority on this thread are simply saying, a decision shouldn’t be made based on the court of public opinion. But instead, due diligence should be exercised in order to get as much facts as possible and then make an informed decision whether that be releasing him or not. 

There really is nothing worse than those who jump to conclusions based on emotion.  That’s a recipe for disaster not success! 

Amen brother 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, hemma said:

I don’t know the defense.  None of us do, but @alphadawg7 commented that several people said Araiza wasn’t even there during the gang rape, among which were one or more of her girlfriends.

It’s hard to keep up with all of this stuff.

Exactly.  This has been public for less than 24 hours.  What's happening on this board is exactly what Mr. Gilleon wanted to happen: Dump a seemingly overwhelming amount of information into the public sphere through social media, without any context or balance, and hope that as many people as possible make up their minds before hearing Araiza's side of the story, thereby putting pressure on Araiza and the Bills to capitulate.  Lots of folks here taking the bait...   

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, Yobogoya! said:

Buddy I'm about as objective as they come -- I don't care if you're the Bills punter or the fry cook at McDonalds, I give the benefit of the doubt until I get all the evidence and then I'll call it like I see it. 

And if you were being tried unfairly in the court of public opinion, yes I'd push back against that. Not for you -- but because I believe in the rights of the accused. 

I trust anyone who utters this statement about as much as giving Bernie Madoff a blank check.

• Vomit 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

I completely agree - that's why my solution from the very beginning was to release him regardless of guilt or innocence. You take all emotion and judgement out of the equation and you solve the problem. If he's innocent, you can try to re-sign him, and if he ends up getting picked up elsewhere, he's just a punter. Grab a new one next year.

If you cut him know without any facts you’ve ruined the kid. Not to mention how unfair that would be. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 4

7 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

What I don’t understand from the Bills’ perspective is - if they knew about this before the draft, why get involved in such a situation even if they believed he was not guilty of the charges?  The whole thing should have been avoided with a 10-foot pole.

And if he just disclosed this to the Bills after being drafted, it would seem he was withholding information that I’m sure the Bills ask all draft picks - “Is there anything you are involved in that we should know about?”  Withholding such an obvious problem is grounds for termination. 

option 3….

he heard about this incident around school

he knew he wasn’t the person who did it

why e rn bring up such an incident unless he is accused of doing this

My search history is now filled with entries about STDs, date rape drugs, and statutory rape laws thanks to this thread.  Those were not the kinds of lists I expected to end up on as a member of Bills Mafia.

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So, they knew for over a month before cutting Haack, conducted their own investigation, and clearly felt comfortable enough with what they found to be willing to stick with Matt and cut Haack at that time.  

It's possible that regardless of what was going on with this that they were going to cut Haack. Maybe they have a backup plan at holder and felt that even if they had to jettison Araiza that they could get someone to take 20s to shank punts off the street at any time.

Just now, Ta111 said:

If you cut him know without any facts you’ve ruined the kid. Not to mention how unfair that would be. 

Oh no! It would be "unfair"!?

Well, *****. I didn't realize that it would be unfair.

FYI, people get canned all the time. If that "ruins" you, well that's your choice.

• Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, cr02pica said:

I think I can speak for all of us when I say I just hope this girl made the whole thing up. 

Why would I wish that on the girl? You don't speak for me. If this happened as she said I want her to be branded with this the rest of her life because I'm a Bills fan?

Do you also wish all rape victims in the world are proven liars?

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, mannc said:

Exactly.  This has been public for less than 24 hours.  What's happening on this board is exactly what Mr. Gilleon wanted to happen: Dump an seemingly overwhelming amount of information into the public sphere through social media, without any context or balance, and hope that as many people as possible make up their minds before hearing Araiza's side of the story, thereby putting pressure on Araiza and the Bills to capitulate.  Lots of folks here taking the bait...   

also legitimately one side the the story from someone who also claims they don’t remember most of what happened that night. We have not heard much of anything else. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Did I already admit to banging an underage girl knowing I had a std? Because I’m pretty sure that alone would get me fired.

the best case scenario is he is just a guy who bangs underage girls, passes them around to his friends, and doesn’t wear a condom when he has a std. that is the best case!

Where does any of the information state that he KNOWINGLY had a STD when he interacted with the alleged victim? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, djp14150 said:

option 3….

he heard about this incident around school

he knew he wasn’t the person who did it

why e rn bring up such an incident unless he is accused of doing this

Seriously?  If you had sex with a girl that claimed she was gang raped that same night at the same party, would you be whistling past the cemetery?  (Only visual I could come up with🤣)

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

That’s not a good look either. It’s about more than him, “just being a punter”. Would you want to be part of an organization that treats people differently based on who they are or what they do? I surely wouldn’t, and there is a good chance that would turn away others too. 

There is no easy answer when things like this happen, but the right path is following pre established plans (even if it was to get rid of someone at the onset of the accusation, but clearly, that’s not the Bills plan). 

• Like (+1) 1