Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

A jury???? Shoot… 

This would be over at opening statements. Soon as the victims lawyer hit the floor, he’d get halfway through his opening statement and half this thread would be like “I’ve heard enough, GUILTY” 

I don't think half of the posters in this thread meet the lofty criteria for selection to a jury.

• Agree 1

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

So I just worked a nearly 12 hour shift.

As I understand it, the Bills did not know about the allegations prior to drafting Araiza.

But they were informed about it well before cutting Haack.

Is that correct?

That is correct. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

As I understand it, the Bills did not know about the allegations prior to drafting Araiza.

Is that correct?

Yeah, that seems to be the case.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I don't waste time trying to get people to like me, maybe you do. That's great👍.   And honestly I couldn't care less what your opinion is. Who are you? Nobody of consequence to me. 

Well fine, but if I wasn't coming to your defense in the event you've ever accused of a heinous crime before then I'm DEFINITELY not doing it now. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

Is that correct?

correct, they obviously feel like its an unwarranted claim or he would have been released

Is that correct?

correct, they obviously feel like its an unwarranted claim or he would have been released

• Thank you (+1) 1

Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct. So it leads me to believe there is information they know that the public doesn’t to not have cut him already. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Is that correct?

Before cutting Haack.  Not well before.  Well before is a boundless period.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Her earrings, nose ring, and bellybutton ring were all ripped out.

Her friends who were looking for her found her bloody and crying. She immediately told them she was raped. She told her father, the police were notified later that day and she was examined. It definitely doesn't sound like a made up story to me. Her father notified the University police by phone who filed no report and later said that the dad notifying them by phone was not the same as making a report. SDSU was undefeated and ranked at the time and are being accused of trying to sweep it under the rug. The story of the gang rape was known on campus and several athletes of various sports complained to the Univ wanting to know why nothing was being done about it. 

She is accusing Araiza of leading her to a bedroom and throwing her face down on the bed to be violently gang raped. She also suspects that a drink he had given her was drugged. 

Why the Bills would want to be at the center of this for a punter is beyond me.

You are relying almost 100 percent on the allegations made by the plaintiff's attorney.  Are you willing to give Araiza the opportunity to respond and defend himself?  Can you think of any other well-known cases like this where the facts turned out to be other than as initially presented by the complainant and her lawyer?

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, hemma said:

If it turns out that Araiza wasn’t even in the house at the time of the attack, then I think the DA has been presented with an imposing conundrum.

To be truthful, I wasn’t there either & I’ll bet I’m not the only one.  

Now what, Mr DA?

Did you hear somewhere that he was not there? Is that his defense?

29 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Take your outrage and make it mean something.

Seriously, people...I have no followers on Twitter (don't really want any), so this'll never get noticed.  But if anyone here could get this some traction, it'd be appreciated.

• Like (+1) 2