Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Again, not familiar with it. But does that mean anyone with a Jim Kelly handle can’t be upset with any negative story? Because there are plenty of Kelly fans on here and there are plenty of bad Kelly stories out there. 

There are no negative stories like this out there about Kelly, to the best of my knowledge.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2021/09/02/cornelius-bennett-former-buffalo-bills-player-accused-sexual-assault-brighton-ny-bar-otter-lodge/5692984001/

This is in addition to the one he pleaded guilty to.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Some dudes on here I wouldn't want in a fox hole with me

Agree.  Can you imagine some of these people on jury?  

I get the notion that this issue stains our team on our most hyped and optimistic season in 30 years, but the fire him now comments are over the top.   The Bills will likely learn a lot in the next few days.   Araiza could be gone by Monday, or sooner, or not.   I trust the guys running the show to handle this.   I trust the owners too.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

The goalposts of this thing will forever move for some folks. If he gets charged, there will be the "what about the trial" crowd. When the trial starts, there will be "what about the verdict" crowd, if a guilty plea comes down it'll be the "what about the appeal" crowd, and once all that's exhausted it'll probably be "deep state" or whatever.

The only way that this dude is 100% innocent is if he didn't have sex with her, didn't drug her and had ZERO idea anything suspect was going on. Any other scenario and he's some level of negligent to guilty. If he's got an alibi, now's the time, because I don't see it getting better for him.

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

I know he is a distraction and is just a punter.  That is all I need to know.

It’s about more than the punter though. It’s about the Bills acting in a way that won’t be prohibitive to signing other players in the future. 

This current Bills organization is a very high character organization. They aren’t going to make rash, emotional decisions. They are going to follow their pre established plans and act accordingly at the conclusion of following those plans. In this case, if the Bills believe the rape accusations to be true, I can’t imagine they wouldn’t release him, and justifiably so. 

What would you say if Josh had such an accusation made against him? Would you still want the Bills to make a rushed emotional decision and move on? Would you be willing to forgive him? 

For me personally, I wouldn’t want anyone on the team who was proven to have raped another (proven being the key word btw). However, as it relates to this instance (or any like it), if the Bills believe that Araiza acted in the wrong, while not being 100% definite, that should be enough to pull plug (I would hope so). Just the same, due diligence must be exercised first in an effort to adhere to the high standard the Bills organization adheres too. 

If it turns out that Araiza wasn’t even in the house at the time of the attack, then I think the DA has been presented with an imposing conundrum.

To be truthful, I wasn’t there either & I’ll bet I’m not the only one.  

Now what, Mr DA?

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

The goalposts of this thing will forever move for some folks. If he gets charged, there will be the "what about the trial" crowd. When the trial starts, there will be "what about the verdict" crowd, if a guilty plea comes down it'll be the "what about the appeal" crowd, and once all that's exhausted it'll probably be "deep state" or whatever.

The only way that this dude is 100% innocent is if he didn't have sex with her, didn't drug her and had ZERO idea anything suspect was going on. Any other scenario and he's some level of negligent to guilty. If he's got an alibi, now's the time, because I don't see it getting better for him.

If he’s charged he gets released immediately. 

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Please.  It will be out there soon enough for those who want to find it. 

So, your profession? 

Sorry but trying to deflect and change the topic won’t work. I could shovel horse ***** for a living and it wouldn’t  change anything.

6 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Here's some harsh truth..... I just don't care what happens to Matt Araiza.  There's two people in this world that care about me, my wife and daughter. That's it.  If I was just accused of this heinous chit, Matt Araiza wouldn't be on the "Life of BIGFOOTspaceman" message board advocating my innocence.

When you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. 

It's going to be awesome to hear about gang rape allegations all year long at every press conference. 

Only two people? That's surprising. 

You seem like such a bastion of good will, high character and sound reason that people would be drawn towards. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Beane and Mcdermott are paid millions of dollars to handle this stuff. They are all about doing things the right way. They have info we do not. Why do they HAVE to act immediately? 

Seen lots of high character people bend rules to get over the top. Tons of good people make bad decisions in order to achieve a goal. 

Until this gets resolved, I don’t want to see this guy in a Bills uniform. Wearing that uni is a privilege and represents our community. He should be suspended or maybe he can pull a hammy in practice and go on IR.

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Agree.  Can you imagine some of these people on jury?  

I get the notion that this issue stains our team on our most hyped and optimistic season in 30 years, but the fire him now comments are over the top.   The Bills will likely learn a lot in the next few days.   Araiza could be gone by Monday, or sooner, or not.   I trust the guys running the show to handle this.   I trust the owners too.  

A jury???? Shoot… 

This would be over at opening statements. Soon as the victims lawyer hit the floor, he’d get halfway through his opening statement and half this thread would be like “I’ve heard enough, GUILTY” 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Bills2022 said:

Seen lots of high character people bend rules to get over the top. Tons of good people make bad decisions in order to achieve a goal. 

A 6th round punter.. Come on. Beane and Mcdermott built this juggernaut of a roster for years preaching process and accountability and being a family just to throw it away on a rookie punter who hasn’t even played a real game? Highly doubtful but I suppose still possible. Maybe they need to go to for how they’ve handle this situation the last 6 weeks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Unless she is lying about talking with the police, which should be easy to prove. That would be a wild thing to lie about and definitely put her in legal trouble.

I agree, seems unlikely she has fabricated the assault overall as that part seems very credible and so sad and unfortunate she endured that.  However, at the same time she doesn't have to be lying about the attack for Matt to also be innocent of gang rape though.

I think the real question is if Matt, who seems to have had a separate encounter earlier in the night, was also a participant in the heinous attack on this woman later in the bedroom with the group of monsters who attacked her.  That is where I think the questions truly lie on whether or not she is correctly naming him as one of the assaulters.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2