Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

9 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

It's being reported that the Bills'  organization has known about this for a month. Why the "haack" did they release Matt Haack.

The only reason I can think of is that they did their own investigation and found Ariaza to be telling the truth about the situation.

That's why I don't think the Bills should be taking a hit with their image at this point.   If more come out that Ariaza was guilty, they will cut bait and issue a public statement about how they won't employee someone like that. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, hemma said:

Have you noticed any Bills players chirping about this?

I deleted my acct awhile ago and can’t search.

Nah.. just Bills podcasters and big name fan accounts gathering Twitter clout by the barrel. 

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Why would the Bills get legally involved at all?

Maybe we should just stop judging the legitimacy of the case by the lawyers' behavior.

I'm not saying the case isn't legitimate - just it's coming across that both attorney's are letting down their clients.

14 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

It’s pretty easy to tell all the individuals who have their own skeletons in their closets coming out to defend this piece of trash. Why DEFEND Araiza at all?  To silence any other women who have the courage to come forward? You don’t know anything except charges have been levied. What grounds do you have to defend such abhorrent accusations?  Every stupid emoji, every baseless defense on indefensible actions speaks volumes to your own personal character, and which virtues you hold true, if any.  If any of you taking the stance of blindly defending this dbag just because he he’s got a Buffalo on his helmet, as your wives what they think, or daughters, or mothers..

My God, so you now have decided that he is a "piece of trash"  and a "dbag".  

Oh the irony, you are lecturing others, "You don't know anything except charges have been levied".

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, ALF said:

They need to interview the girl's friends who took her home , why not direct to hospital , what she told them and her condition.

I'd be shocked if they haven't been interviewed by Araiza's attorney.  This is speculation on my part, but I'm tentatively assuming that these are the witnesses he claims are contradicting the plaintiff's story.  Otherwise they plaintiff's attorney would be citing them as corroborators.

(Edit: This is pure speculation, of course.  I am extremely interested in hearing what these folks have to say, and their testimony will greatly inform my views.)

Edited by BillsFanSD

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

🤔

His attorney is an idiot. Like a real life idiot. The twitter attorney is right, he needs to find somebody more competent. 

""I don't know. I don't think it was before the draft," Armstrong said. "I'm almost certain it was after. Apparently I said that, so that was a mistake. But he was forthcoming with the Bills, but I don't think it was until after he was drafted because he didn't know that this was ever gonna go anywhere until the LA Times article came out, I think around, whatever it was, five or six weeks ago."

"Armstrong said it was his understanding that Araiza did not bring up the allegation to the Bills until the article was published.

"I don't know how quickly after that," Armstrong said. "But it was after that.""

2 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The Lawyer should be doing business for his client, in a courtroom, and not in the court of public opinion.

Sometimes the latter helps the former. This case sat without charges for nearly a year, and maybe now they'll finally do it due to public pressure. It works.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

It's being reported that the Bills'  organization has known about this for a month. Why the "haack" did they release Matt Haack.

Because he is a bad punter? Guy was 22nd or worse in every statistic in every category in the NFL last year. We can get a guy as good or better off the street after cuts. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

The only reason I can think of is that they did their own investigation and found Ariaza to be telling the truth about the situation.

That's why I don't think the Bills should be taking a hit with their image at this point.   If more come out that Ariaza was guilty, they will cut bait and issue a public statement about how they won't employee someone like that. 

Spot on.

If the report, they knew this allegation before the cut Haack I cant believe in any way they would cut Haack so early unless they are highly confident Araiza didnt do it.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

No one's making excuses for some nobody pos.  They are just stating a fact that's been reported.  If she was lying to people at the party what was the reason she lied?  Perfectly valid question to ask in such a situation.  Her credibility also needs to be established as is anyone's if they want to make a declarative statement of a fact to me that has not yet been proven as true.  In any situation that's a he said she said both parties need to have credibility established.  I don't know if it would matter if she was telling people she was 18 and attending college.  That's up to the laws in the jurisdiction the crime allegedly occurred in.  Let the DA make their determination on whether charges are merited and if so to whom and what charge.  

You appear to have already determined that Araiza is guilty all without a trial.  Please tell me you aren't of legal age to be summoned for jury duty.  I prefer innocent until proven guilty for any criminal issues and the standards needed to prove a civil case need to be attained before a civil litigation is won.   In either types of cases social media should have no bearing on the decisions of that proceeding.  

Because it’s extremely underreported, and rarely false accusations.  Sounds to me like the girl just went with the wrong lawyer.  She did however go to the police which would be pretty brazen for a young girl to do if she’s fabricating everything. When it comes to SA it’s probably best I’m not on any jury, I’ll agree with you on that one. 

But the fact remains that instances where sexual assault takes places but allegations aren’t brought forward at all occurs at a far higher rate than false accusations are ever being made.  Never mind that barely anybody is ever found guilty of rape even in the rare instances that they do face charges.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/10/06/less-than-percent-rapes-lead-felony-convictions-least-percent-victims-face-emotional-physical-consequences/

https://www.nsvrc.org/statistics

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan

28 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

It sure as hell can.  For the hundredth time, I'm not absolutely claiming him to be innocent, but I have literal firsthand knowledge of false claims arising from EXACTLY THAT SCENARIO.  I've personally been witness to teenage girls talking about making up a story to have my best friend charged with rape, with them even admitting to having her mother in on the lie to punish him for perceived grievances against them.

If he's guilty I'll gladly sign off on a bullet being put in him.  But he hasn't at all been proven guilty by any means.

Yes and knowing there are false accusations I don't see you just clamoring leave the innocent guy alone   but let's wait for the facts to reveal which version of the events proves to be what actually occurred as much as can be proven in such a case.  Facts will likely at least make one version more credible than the other then you go from there.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

How is this unprofessional?  What’s the goal?  At bottom, probably justice.  And in this instance, justice might have been a cash transfer that made the victim feel whole (or at least less unwhole).  Araiza’s attorney apparently attempted to call what he thought was a bluff.  Turns out it might not have been a bluff, and justice may now be ruining the guy who someone believes ruined her/their daughter.  

I’ll get back to the point that if Araiza is not guilty of a crime and he would like to keep his job, then he needs to get someone speaking effectively on his behalf ASAP.  Give the Bills PR cover to keep him.  Otherwise, he’s relying on the strength of the Bills to allow this, from his perspective, to hopefully blow over.  At some point (and I think we’re getting close to being there), it’s not worth the aggravation to keep this guy around. 

Maybe actually look at his account before you type all that

23 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

This is the problem with making snap judgements based on emotion.  You end up locking yourself into a position ("this guy must be cut," "it's a shakedown," etc.) and then, human nature being what it is, you backwards-engineer arguments to support that position that you would never have adopted under other circumstances.

No NFL team is cutting anybody because they spread an STD.  My employer (public university) would never in a million years fire somebody for that.  It just isn't a thing that results in discipline with your employer unless you happen to work in some very specialized industries.  

The rape allegation is extremely serious.  If Matt Araiza raped somebody, he should be cut.  And prosecuted of course.  The rest of the stuff in this complaint is all red herrings.  

Not simply for spreading an STD, but knowingly spreading one is really messed up. If this lawyer is being real about this supposed phone call where he said that, that I obviously don't know. That's why I prefaced it with IF. 

11 minutes ago, ALF said:

They need to interview the girl's friends who took her home , why not direct to hospital , what she told them and her condition.

They’re young kids who had a friend who was just raped (allegedly).  Hardly is it a problem that they didn’t think to direct her to a hospital for the administration of a rape kit.