Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The lawyer putting this in the national spotlight is the only way this got traction in almost a year of no movement and roadblocks by the police and university.

You dont like it, take it up with the school and police.

And in end probably tainted every prospective juror. /smdh

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

The lawyer putting this in the national spotlight is the only way this got traction in almost a year of no movement and roadblocks by the police and university.

You dont like it, take it up with the school and police.

I am in no way condoning Araiza's actions. I think it is clear that he has some definite wrongdoings here. I just hate seeing people put this kind of, assumed to be confidential, conversation out there in this way. It does, however, teach the Araiza's attorney that texts are not the place to have these conversations.

14 minutes ago, Mango said:

My sister was raped, the police regularly slut shamed and insulted her at every corner, and refused to help her. It took months for them to even speak to the guy.  The way LEO treats victims of sexual assault is sickening at times. 

6 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Same exact treatment happened, with my Girlfriend at the time. It was beyond horrible for her, and for me.

This is terrible and so sorry to hear those women went through that.  I had a friend who also had a similar experience and it was tough to see her go through that.  

On the other side, I had one of my closest friends go through a false accusation and it ruined his life for a while despite hard evidence clearing his name.  It was an ex who sat out to ruin his life after he broke up with her.  We all worked together, she was a psycho and even tried to stab him in the neck with a pencil while they were dating and we were at work.  

Its always sad on both ends...if you are a victim, what they have to go through to get justice can be maddening, if they ever even get justice.  If you are being preyed on and falsely accused, its also a living nightmare and can ruin your life and follow you still even after clearing your name.  

• Agree 1

Just now, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

What is virtuous? Plying young girls with alcohol, having group “sex”, and knowingly giving a person an STD, which he said on tape.

But I was told there was no evidence?

1 minute ago, dje85 said:

They also said Ford was one of their best olinemen this year and we all know that isn't true or we wouldn't of traded him. We have this thing about keeping our best talent.

Everything Beane and McDermott say about a player is 100% the truth take it to the bank. 

But this is besides the point. I said he stunk and needed to be replaced as he was easily replaceable by someone as talented or better. So I'm happy he is gone regardless of the Araiza issue now.

And you said  he was a good team mate? Who cares? That is not a good reason to keep him. 

I never said Haack didn't need to be replaced.  NEVER.  I did say he was below average.  

Some people on these boards were wondering why they cut Haack when they knew this Araiza stuff was brewing.  That is a good question and could imply they believe in Araiza.  All I am saying is they cut Haack early to help him out.  McD said he was a good teammate.  

I am done explaining it.    

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, finn said:

I wish I were as confident as you about their motives. The reported information is pretty damning. The girl told a friend about the rape immediately and went to the police the next day. Does that sound like a false 

This take makes the most sense to me. I didn't understand why they cut Haack knowing this news was about to break. (I'm very skeptical that they believed Araiza, given the information we have.) Your explanation clears that up. Of course, now they're screwed. They really have no choice but to cut him. His abilities aren't worth the distraction, division, and bad press. Maybe Keenum can hold?

It sure as hell can.  For the hundredth time, I'm not absolutely claiming him to be innocent, but I have literal firsthand knowledge of false claims arising from EXACTLY THAT SCENARIO.  I've personally been witness to teenage girls talking about making up a story to have my best friend charged with rape, with them even admitting to having her mother in on the lie to punish him for perceived grievances against them.

If he's guilty I'll gladly sign off on a bullet being put in him.  But he hasn't at all been proven guilty by any means.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Dude, why the ***** are people making excuses for some nobody pos… fan base is extremely disappointing. Anybody wants to defend ***** like this doesn’t have a woman in there life they give any ***** about.

People are sharing facts. That is not a defending him. Once all the facts are out a judgment can be made. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

No. Read the whole text thread HER lawyer posted. It clearly shows that the plaintiff was seeking a settlement and Araiza's lawyer said they would never settle. The plaintiffs lawyer then threatened that Araiza will regret that "they will do what they always do and litigate it civilly then". At some point the defendent's lawyer said "Araiza's parents asked me to ask you about a number" which the defendent's lawyer THEN ignored.

Ok so the defense never gave a #... so that is even weirder

the chronological order was confusing... They ain't settling which means their confident Matt didn't do it, or the think they win the court of public opinon.

Maybe the defense has solid reason to believe Matt is guilty and it will be even more painful set by the civil suit

Why not present a settlement number, this is a civil suit, not a criminal suit here... You can go big $$$ if you believe you have facts right and then can apply the pressure. 

1 minute ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

What is virtuous? Plying young girls with alcohol, having group “sex”, and knowingly giving a person an STD, which he said on tape.

I mean, half of what you saying aren't even agreed upon facts, so I am not sure you should be pushing for any sort of action by the Bills org.

And I am on the cut him because we don't need the distraction side.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

I'd have assumed a rape kit and the evidence it produces would be sufficiently evaluated by now to know whether a crime may have occurred as alleged. 

What on earth could possibly lead you to that assumption based on what we know about the rape kit epidemic in this country?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, elijah said:

After all of this slander on something with 0 concrete evidence available to the public yet, 

I will 100% be buying his jersey and supporting him as a Bill as strongly as I can IF he’s proven innocent 

I imagine it'll look nice next to your Darren Sharper and Kellen Winslow jerseys.

• Eyeroll 1