Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

1 minute ago, QLBillsFan said:

SDSU just built a new stadium. They are likely getting into the PAC 12. They are a top mid major program. Appreciate that doesn’t mean much to Bills fans.

But certainly I don’t care if Alabama you do what’s right. Anything that slows this investigation based on football is totally unacceptable. 

Exactly. And they didnt want this coming out during all that which would sully the program, lose them funding for the stadium, and maybe even kill their chances of getting into the larger conference.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think they spoke to Araiza and the victims attorney and really thought that he would settle to get out of the civil suit, and had some assurance from SDSU/SDPD that Araiza would receive some protection. 

That all unraveled when Araiza's camp didn't accept the settlement. I think the org is currently unprepaired because they thought they had this all tied up and under wraps. 

Even if Araiza is a choir boy, his unwillingness/inability to keep the org clean is worth cutting him. 

Thats not what happen. Araiza's Parents contacted his lawyer and asked them what they are looking for $$$$ wise, the victims lawyer just wouldn't accept it.  

https://twitter.com/dangilleon/status/1562969378412322822/photo/1

Edited by ddaryl

4 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Amazing how many people assume he knew this. She was at a COLLEGE PARTY. You would think he was at a high school party how much people blame him. She probably looks exactly the same at 18 as she did at 17. Multiple people say she lied and said she was 18 and in college. Nobody asks to see ID before sex at a college party…get real

If she lied about being in college that could be different, if she said she was in high school I don't think it's that simple. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

So coming up on 20 hours since the news broke nationally and he's still a Buffalo Bill?  Yeah, I'm going with the Bills investigating it and confident he did nothing won't be convicted of anything criminal.

FTFY. 

5 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

So what?  I had sex with a minor once upon a time, and so did my first girlfriend.  We were just doing what teenagers have been known to do from time to time.  It was fine.  

This is the quiet part I don't think @gene1973 or some of the other supporters don't want to say out loud. Amazing we took 130 pages to get to the part where we finally got a contingent of folks to conclude that  ***** minors is ok.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Eyeroll 4

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Speaking of Sweeney… I’d really hate to see him make the team. He blows.

Agreed. He has had a ton of chances and never done anything. I’d rather pick someone up off the scrap heap

49 minutes ago, Mango said:

So she wasn't well and had to go lie down? Matt Araiza had sex with a girl who was not well. 

See what I am getting at here. He can't have it both ways. He cannot be a good Samaritan taking care of her, because that means she wasn't able to give proper consent. 

Was she led to a bedroom 2 minutes after having sex with matt? Or two hours later after several more drinks?  Stop pretending like you know what happened.  At no place does it show anytime of timeframe.  She literally said "All I remember is being led to a bedroom where some guys were at'.  it does not state that Matt led her there, or at what point in the night she was led there.

3 minutes ago, MWK said:

Beane and McDermott say everyone is a good teammate. Apparently Tommy Sweeney is a leader now too. I do agree that Haack is a horrible punter. If we cut the puntophile, better options are on the waiver wire than Haack.

No, they really don't.  They don't say anything when they may think otherwise. 

So many people just want to slam Haack.  I get it, he was a poor punter by NFL standards.  I watched him play.  

Just now, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

How is this JUST an accusation with what he’s already admitted on tape, and the girl went to the police…. People BLINDLY supporting Araiza staying with the team are the reasons why rape is so under reported.  It’s hard to prove and nobody ever believes you.  

People who condemned the Browns for Watson are now supporting the puntophile. Guess the tables have turned now

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

So coming up on 20 hours since the news broke nationally and he's still a Buffalo Bill?  Yeah, I'm going with the Bills investigating it and confident he did nothing criminal.

Bottom line is he shouldn't be axed based on a civil allegation. And especially only when it becomes public. Nothing changed between Wednesday and Thursday besides injecting the self-righteousness of social media and tribal opinion.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Mango said:

Weird story. But I am fairly confident I was roofied a long time ago. 

I was at a bar on Thanksgiving with a female friend, and there was a weird guy who kept trying to talk to her. I had only had 3 beers that evening. We both noted that we had actually accidently swapped beers playing darts, but liked what each other were drinking so just kept each others drinks. After about 30 minutes from that time, things become a bit hazy. Then there is a total blank spot where I don't remember getting home. I don't remember the rest of the night in the bar. Not a single conversation. Another round of darts. People I met. I don't remember waking up naked in the spare  bedroom next to her. We had been friends for decades, so we sort of had a little bit of a laugh about it. 

But I have been hospitalized for alcohol poisoning in the past. Was a college athlete and a bit of a recluse/lush in my younger years. I have never ever blacked out in my life. Ever. That is the only time. 

It was a bar I was a regular at, so next time I was there I told them what happened. And apparently I was the second person to come to them from that night to report something similar. 

Really scary stuff. But I am glad that we accidently swapped drinks. That situation ended about as well as it could have. 

As much as that sucks it happened to you, I guess I'm in agreement I'm being glad it was you rather than her.

But your story is why I'm so dubious about these claims she was roofied and somehow remembers just enough to implicate him.  There is close to zero chance a recollection of him after their consensual encounter would be clear enough whether or not he was involved.  As I've said she -probably- was raped, but the evidence just isn't there yet to say if he was involved (and I don't -think- he was based on the timeline so far).

4 minutes ago, StHustle said:

There is a stipulation in that law that says if you have reason to believe the person was 18 or older than there is no crime. Cops heard him admit to doing having sex with her out of his own mouth and made no arrest. What does that tell you?

the police report said she said she was in high school, he then gave her a drink and took her out back. 

What part of this is sitting well with you?

• Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The reason is that they believe he’s innocent of the allegations. They don’t believe he should be cut based on allegations that they believe to be untrue. It’s as simple as that. Stay tuned as it could change but that’s my read on it.

I wish I were as confident as you about their motives. The reported information is pretty damning. The girl told a friend about the rape immediately and went to the police the next day. Does that sound like a false 

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think they spoke to Araiza and the victims attorney and really thought that he would settle to get out of the civil suit, and had some assurance from SDSU/SDPD that Araiza would receive some protection. 

That all unraveled when Araiza's camp didn't accept the settlement. I think the org is currently unprepaired because they thought they had this all tied up and under wraps. 

Even if Araiza is a choir boy, his unwillingness/inability to keep the org clean is worth cutting him. 

This take makes the most sense to me. I didn't understand why they cut Haack knowing this news was about to break. (I'm very skeptical that they believed Araiza, given the information we have.) Your explanation clears that up. Of course, now they're screwed. They really have no choice but to cut him. His abilities aren't worth the distraction, division, and bad press. Maybe Keenum can hold?

• Like (+1) 1