Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

2 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

It's still gross that as a 21 year old that he had sex with a high schooler. And it's bad judgement on his part, if I loved the game I would not risk it on a banging a high schooler even aside from it being sketchy in it of itself. 

It’s gross for a 21 year old to have sex with what he allegedly thought was an 18 year old?

Do you watch DiCaprio movies?  Dude is banging just legal women on the reg in his 40’s. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

If the "gang rape" allegation doesn't pan out, this whole thing will blow over in five minutes.  Nobody cares if a college student had drunken sex with a 17 year old girl consensually.  

Its going to be hard for people to let go of that particular allegation though. 

Just now, appoo said:

Except she’s a minor and that’s the description people are using - that Araiza had sex with a minor

So what?  I had sex with a minor once upon a time, and so did my first girlfriend.  We were just doing what teenagers have been known to do from time to time.  It was fine.  

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

It's still gross that as a 21 year old that he had sex with a high schooler. And it's bad judgement on his part, if I loved the game I would not risk it on a banging a high schooler even aside from it being sketchy in it of itself. 

Amazing how many people assume he knew this. She was at a COLLEGE PARTY. You would think he was at a high school party how much people blame him. She probably looks exactly the same at 18 as she did at 17. Multiple people say she lied and said she was 18 and in college. Nobody asks to see ID before sex at a college party…get real

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, Augie said:

How many pages did the Mario Williams thread get to? Anybody know that fun fact? I ask because, well……this could take a while.  

I was actually looking for that earlier, wondering the same thing. This thread will likely go on as long as Araiza is on the roster. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The reason is that they believe he’s innocent of the allegations. They don’t believe he should be cut based on allegations that they believe to be untrue. It’s as simple as that. Stay tuned as it could change but that’s my read on it.

That’s my read on it, at least the team feels that from what they know at the moment they feel he is innocent but this is a completely fluid situation so who knows how that will change as more information becomes available.

2 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

When drunk logic gets thrown out the window. Not many go get stupid drunk and plan on getting behind a wheel until they are drunk either. But it happens, and happens a lot. 

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I see it as the opposite. The twitter lawyer is making his side look less credible with his approach. Araiza’s lawyer has gone on record on video and asserted his side. It’s an ongoing criminal investigation as well. How else would you like Matt to fight back at this point? All we have are the civil lawsuit, the twitter lawyer tweets, Matt’s side via his attorney, and the team statement. 

Have the attorney hold a presser, deny everything, say our thoughts are with the victim, particularly after the release of those horrible photos and journal entries, and get on a video a statement that your client had nothing to do with any of those injuries or that harm.  He’s losing the air war.  And the team’s statement means nothing here.  They investigated at a prior time, based on information that may or may not have been complete, and with tools that didn’t allow access to any meaning physical evidence in this case. 

1 minute ago, BUFFALOBART said:

- Which because of the age difference, is a Felony, in Ca.

This has been rehashed over and over. CA is a wobbler law in which the facts and situation determine which side the charge falls on. Not black and white math between ages.

4 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I know what Because McDermott just said - he was a good teammate.  That is why they cut him, to provide him more time to find another job.  

I said he was a below average punter.  

Beane and McDermott say everyone is a good teammate. Apparently Tommy Sweeney is a leader now too. I do agree that Haack is a horrible punter. If we cut the puntophile, better options are on the waiver wire than Haack.

Edited by MWK

1 minute ago, BUFFALOBART said:

- Which because of the age difference, is a Felony, in Ca.

There is a stipulation in that law that says if you have reason to believe the person was 18 or older than there is no crime. Cops heard him admit to doing having sex with her out of his own mouth and made no arrest. What does that tell you?

5 minutes ago, appoo said:

However, the criticism the Bills didn’t talk to the victim is kinda crazy. She’s a Jane Doe. Primary concern here is to protect the alleged victim, and I really doubt the Bills had any path to speaking with her directly. That’s what the attorney is there for

Araiza’s lawyer said he hired a private investigator and provided all the info to the team. Correct, The team would not be talking directly to the young lady. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

San Diego State wants to protect its football team since it is the main source of income. Police want to protect the local University which donates big money to their Benevolent association. This is all too common.

SDSU just built a new stadium. They are likely getting into the PAC 12. They are a top mid major program. Appreciate that doesn’t mean much to Bills fans.

But certainly I don’t care if Alabama you do what’s right. Anything that slows this investigation based on football is totally unacceptable. 

The plaintiff’s attorney seems a bit slippery/greasy.  My gut says she did not choose this guy.

Quite possible he was selected by the father and is a ‘money hammer’, whereas the girl herself may be looking for justice.

She may never get closure out of this mess.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, The Red King said:

It's just that easy?  Cut someone based on just an accusation?  Goodness, can someone accuse Mahomes of something like this?  No proof required even, apparently.

Did you happen to catch the Desean Watson thread?

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s gross for a 21 year old to have sex with what he allegedly thought was an 18 year old?

Do you watch DiCaprio movies?  Dude is banging just legal women on the reg in his 40’s. 

I think it's different when they're adults. This girl was a kid. 

It's different if she lied about being in college, but if she told him she was in high school that's sketchy to me. 

• Eyeroll 1

Without going thru this monster thread..

I find it very hard to believe that Kim Pegula would stand for any of this if there was anything concrete to it. I don't know her status right now, none of my business, but I think at the very least her family knows where she stands & would agree with her take. So I will support the Bills 100% on this, and I will support the Punt God as long as he is a Bill. :thumbsup:

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

They aren’t dug in because he’s a punter.

They are dug in because, as of now, they believe him and he’s part of the team. 

They backed up Shady.  They backed up Dodson. 

They are loyal to their players and have their backs.

I respect tf out of that, especially given modern day society.  If they lose trust in Araiza and things change, I’m sure they will reverse course, but I highly doubt they will buckle to public pressure if they believe the facts are on their side.  

And players see that too… like it or not, it’s part of the process/culture. 

Agree.  These "he is just a punter" comments are crazy.   Right now they probably believe he is innocent.  That could change.  This media explosion might be too much for the team to deal with.