Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

Just now, RiotAct said:

different scenarios.  Those players ostensibly are going to be cut because they’re not quite good enough.

IF Araiza is innocent, and he’s cut / blacklisted over something he didn’t do… it’s a scenario where a player who likely had a somewhat long NFL career ahead of him got it pulled out from under his feet.

If he's cut and innocent, he'll be free to sign with anyone he chooses - including us.

• Vomit 1

9 minutes ago, Mattymafia said:

Plus its unlikely he'd get another job. If the Bills knew about this for a month, like it is implied, they definitely know way more than anyone on this board or on twitter. This organization has done the right thing since these guys took over. They let Mccoy and Dodsons situations play out before they made their decisions on their futures, both were proven wrong. I would not be surprised or upset if they put Araiza on an exempt list until everything came out.

Was Dodson exonerated? I didn’t hear that. 

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

That’s girls lawyer is not doing her any favors. Dudes still tweeting.. He wreaks of desperation for his pay check on this. Tagging the police department and Araiza in his posts.. I have never seen a lawyer act that way. There’s winning the public which he already did before the twitter rants.. Now he’s just being childish about it 

He also has a whole page on Ripoff Report. Honestly, if she had a lawyer that just kept quiet and processed this lawsuit, it would be a lot better. This guy really is not helping with the accusation that he's trying to perform a money grab. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

Who is claiming this? 

Araiza's lawyer, although if true, it's not clear that the NFL informed the teams.

So far I would suggest checking Tim Graham and John Wawrow twitter feed for the most effective and thorough "Bills Beat" coverage, and Times of San Diego for the most effective newspaper coverage - they seem to be providing primary source links to the actual text of the lawsuit, actual text of the university statements, etc.

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

If he's cut and innocent, he'll be free to sign with anyone he chooses - including us.

We can also have him place on the exempt list until this whole thing gets sorted out and cut him after that. 

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Mattymafia said:

He also has a whole page on Ripoff Report. Honestly, if she had a lawyer that just kept quiet and processed this lawsuit, it would be a lot better. This guy really is not helping with the accusation that he's trying to perform a money grab. 

100% he’s made the case about him now and he’s loving the attention he’s getting. When this thread started his client was gonna get maximum value that they asked for. Each tweet is probably losing her money and killing all the leverage he had. 

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Araiza's lawyer, although if true, it's not clear that the NFL informed the teams.

So far I would suggest checking Tim Graham and John Wawrow twitter feed for the most effective and thorough "Bills Beat" coverage, and Times of San Diego for the most effective newspaper coverage - they seem to be providing primary source links to the actual text of the lawsuit, actual text of the university statements, etc.

I personally do not believe that lawyer for a second.  

Neither the victim's lawyer.  

They both reek of rotten fish from being a shark in the water.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

I'm surprised this hasn't been shared yet.

The alleged rape victim's lawyer just released her diary from that day. I have no idea why he would do that.

It's a horrific scenario, but she also admits to being face down and not knowing who was there at the time...

A lot of the claims from her lawyer are contradicted in that journal. That was stupid of that lawyer.  If anything this may hurt their case in regards to Araiza. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I agree, and sadly the way they handle these things, and it seems to be status quo for sports programs, if the accused is innocent it actually hurts him.

I'm not claiming anyone is innocent or guilty, I'm just saying the suppression of the truth which happens in these events does a wrongly accused man just as few favors as anyone else.

I agree. I think at the very best Araiza is a dirt bag and I don't want him on the roster. Even if he wasn't in that room, and he brought her up their not knowing anybody else would sleep with her. He still had sex with a girl who was so drunk she couldn't actually consent and he knew it by bringing her someplace to sleep it off after the fact.

I had another post above this where I thought the police's attempts to protect SDSU are the biggest reason we are in this predicament and you summarized that perfectly. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dje85 said:

A lot of the claims from her lawyer are contradicted in that journal. That was stupid of that lawyer.  If anything this may hurt their case in regards to Araiza. 

huh? what claims were negated? 

Just now, CaliBills said:

I personally do not believe that lawyer for a second.  

Neither the victim's lawyer.  

They both reek of rotten fish from being a shark in the water.

They also seem to have personal vendettas against one another. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

That’s girls lawyer is not doing her any favors. Dudes still tweeting.. He wreaks of desperation for his pay check on this. Tagging the police department and Araiza in his posts.. I have never seen a lawyer act that way. There’s winning the public which he already did before the twitter rants.. Now he’s just being childish about it 

It smells of

(1) no case for criminal charges on rape/ sex assault 

(2) even sued in civil court and found guilty he can file bankruptcy and it doesn't get paid. He said/ sghe said cases are weak.  As a juror I would never convict of all the evidence was she said so given she was drunk and facial recognition is very weak.

that leaves only the PR route to get a settlement. They release a recording obtained illegally to try and get a pay out.

Just now, Rc2catch said:

100% he’s made the case about him now and he’s loving the attention he’s getting. When this thread started his client was gonna get maximum value that they asked for. Each tweet is probably losing her money and killing all the leverage he had. 

Her lawyer is trying to pressure the local PD to do something, same as the Watson situation.  Araiza has nowhere near the capital that Watson has, even before the contract, so looking at it as a money grab is much less likely, plus, she claimed to not know him when she went for the rape kit.  

The local PD and university sat on this for 7 months without even investigating it.  Forcible gang rape is much worse than anything Watson was accused of (not that what is was accused of is ok), but it's amazing how many people have changed their tune when it happens closer to home.

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yup!  We're just shooting the *****...

Not entirely - I've been a Bills fan since like the 1980s when was old enough to become aware of fandom.  

We're stakeholders in this organization, and at least a little bit of our identity if woven into Bills Organization....and I want them to do the right thing

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

The civil suit is to push the DA to make a decision on charges. There seems to be zero people involved who say that a rape did not happen. The girl was 100% raped. The police have 100% stalled efforts to protect SDSU football. 

Whether Araiza is involved in being in the room is currently debatable. 

If the police had not stalled, I don't think that the Bills are dealing with Araiza in a civil suit at the moment. That has nothing to do with his guilt or innocence.

Not sure as rape cases tend to take ten months to review, so the length of time is not unusual. Mind you, I did say last night that for what seemed an “open and shut” case it did seem a long time. Even Araiza’s attorney isn’t denying a rape took place - just that Araiza wasn’t involved.

I presume you mean, if the police hadn’t stalled, everything would be sorted now either way.

1 minute ago, Arkady Renko said:

Was Dodson exonerated? I didn’t hear that. 

Dodson was initially charged with 3 misdemeanor counts - domestic violence, disorderly conduct, and damage to property.

He pled guilty to one misdemeanor count of disorderly conduct and agreed to enter a diversion program that on completion, expunged the other charges.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/30/tyrel-dodson-domestic-violence-buffalo-bills-nfl/

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/nfl-suspends-bills-tyrel-dodson-games-domestic-abuse-65593699

I don't know what "exonerated" means, but he was neither found guilty nor pled guilty to domestic violence - which, contrary to some of the weird stuff stated in this thread, is not the same as being exonerated or found innocent.

The Bills stated they conducted their own investigation and were satisfied it was not domestic violence.