Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

5 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

What would she stand to benefit? She went to police the next day. Had a rape kit done. That is a lot of trauma to undergo for the sake of extorting a college punter. Comments like yours is a reason a lot of victims do not come forward.

What about my comment is why "a lot of victims do not come forward"?  I'm not going to apologize for understanding the rule of law and innocent until proven guilty.  I've said a dozen times he should be BURIED UNDER THE PRISON if guilty, but the first day after the accusation is not the time to already be lynching the guy without evidence.  Cutting him and ruining his life even if he's innocent sets a terrible precedent on an incredibly slippery slope.

I've had friends and family who were raped, as well as friends and family who were falsely accused of rape.  Again, I'm not going to apologize for being objective and reasonable.  Emotions (ESPECIALLY so soon after the public accusation) don't trump law and reason.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Easier said than done.  They probably wouldn't allow the protest on private property.  Or you'd be arrested for disorderly conduct.   But hey, worth a try.

Right. But you get the point. The current steps from the girl and the family certainly fit well within the timeline of a legitimate rape being stalled by a mid major football program and NFL team. Also it would be well worth the arrest for disorderly conduct, harassments etc. 

My daughter tells me a guy being called a "god" by national pundits on TV raped my daughter. All bets are off and I am not concerned with "disorderly conduct" or "harassments" charges.

That’s girls lawyer is not doing her any favors. Dudes still tweeting.. He wreaks of desperation for his pay check on this. Tagging the police department and Araiza in his posts.. I have never seen a lawyer act that way. There’s winning the public which he already did before the twitter rants.. Now he’s just being childish about it 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

I believe that if the police had done the right thing at the front end this wouldn't be much of a discussion. 

The young woman doesn't even have the results to her own medical procedure/testing/rape kit. 

If not for SDSU trying to protect their football team I honestly don't think we see this civil suit. At least not right now.

If this were my HS daughter and the wheels of justice were actively stalling, and somebody involved were all over national news daily being referred to as a "god", I would certainly turn to the civil courts and the franchise to make this right. I would be at training camp every single day with a sign that said "Matt Araiza raped my daughter" or "Matt Araiza was at my daughters gang rape". I would scream at Sean McDermott from the sidelines in Rochester about what his punter did to my daughter. 

I cannot imagine that any fathers on this board would "sit back and let this play out"

The thing is you have seemingly decided he is guilty based on the lawsuit, which is going to be weighted for the prosecution, without considering what his defence might be. A bit like another poster who has decided Araiza must be innocent based on what he experienced in the fast which has affected his life moving forward. 

Allegations have been made and he has a right to defend them. The DA will decide to press charges and/or it’ll go through civil court. Until then he cannot be treated as guilty and the victim should not be dismissed as a liar.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

I believe that if the police had done the right thing at the front end this wouldn't be much of a discussion. 

The young woman doesn't even have the results to her own medical procedure/testing/rape kit. 

If not for SDSU trying to protect their football team I honestly don't think we see this civil suit. At least not right now.

If this were my HS daughter and the wheels of justice were actively stalling, and somebody involved were all over national news daily being referred to as a "god", I would certainly turn to the civil courts and the franchise to make this right. I would be at training camp every single day with a sign that said "Matt Araiza raped my daughter" or "Matt Araiza was at my daughters gang rape". I would scream at Sean McDermott from the sidelines in Rochester about what his punter did to my daughter. 

I cannot imagine that any fathers on this board would "sit back and let this play out"

I agree, and sadly the way they handle these things, and it seems to be status quo for sports programs, if the accused is innocent it actually hurts him.

I'm not claiming anyone is innocent or guilty, I'm just saying the suppression of the truth which happens in these events does a wrongly accused man just as few favors as anyone else.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm surprised this hasn't been shared yet.

The alleged rape victim's lawyer just released her diary from that day. I have no idea why he would do that.

It's a horrific scenario, but she also admits to being face down and not knowing who was there at the time...

Just now, Rigotz said:

The alleged rape victim's lawyer just released her diary from that day. I have no idea why he would do that.

It's a horrific scenario, but she also admits to being face down and not knowing who was there at the time...

Because he's trying to force the hand of the DA

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

Is it authenticated?  Is this even permissible in court?

17 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Did the girl opt not to file charges? She skips right to a civil suit?

The story I read was that she went to the police that same night and waited 5 hours for them to take her statement.  She then was sent to a hospital for a rape test.

The story goes that the police went to the administrators at San Diego State and told them not to do anything so as not to interfere with the police investigatioin.

5 minutes ago, appoo said:

It really is as simple as this. Were the Bills ok knowing their player had sex with a minor, regardless of circumstance?

If they were satisfied that eyewitnesses stated that she told people she was not a minor then possibly. 

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Well holy *****. You better go tell the 30 players we're cutting next week that the Bills are going to "ruin" their lives, even if they didn't rape anyone.

different scenarios.  Those players ostensibly are going to be cut because they’re not quite good enough.

IF Araiza is innocent, and he’s cut / blacklisted over something he didn’t do… it’s a scenario where a player who likely had a somewhat long NFL career ahead of him got it pulled out from under his feet.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

It's not just the loss of income but the additional perception of guilt.

If the people you work with and work for don't believe in you, that's big. They're usually the closest thing you got after family. 

1 minute ago, dje85 said:

Yes, that is the completely same scenario.. (sarcasm)

If we cut him we are essentially saying we feel he is guilty. You think the NFL would let anyone touch him with a forty foot pole at that point? Even if he is found innocent.. I am not saying he is or isn't. I'm just saying we cut him now we likely do ruin his life. 

If the people you work for are the closest people you have after family, you need to re-examine your ability to create meaningful relationships. It seems to be a common problem for Americans though as evidenced the "return to the office" crowd.

With respect to presumed guilt - that's your perception. My perception is that it's plausible he did it, and if that's true there's far more risk than reward the the reputation of the franchise in continuing to have him associate with the club.

1 hour ago, HamSandwhich said:

I didn’t realize people could only be bruised and bleeding by anything other than rape? Same with going to the hospital? You must be of the “believe all women” camp?

Yes, those things can happen during consensual sex, but rarely do women then tell everyone it was rape, and go to the hospital for a rape kit just for the fun of it.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

The thing is you have seemingly decided he is guilty based on the lawsuit, which is going to be weighted for the prosecution, without considering what his defence might be. A bit like another poster who has decided Araiza must be innocent based on what he experienced in the fast which has affected his life moving forward. 

Allegations have been made and he has a right to defend them. The DA will decide to press charges and/or it’ll go through civil court. Until then he cannot be treated as guilty and the victim should not be dismissed as a liar.

The civil suit is to push the DA to make a decision on charges. There seems to be zero people involved who say that a rape did not happen. The girl was 100% raped. The police have 100% stalled efforts to protect SDSU football. 

Whether Araiza is involved in being in the room is currently debatable. 

If the police had not stalled, I don't think that the Bills are dealing with Araiza in a civil suit at the moment. That has nothing to do with his guilt or innocence.

• Like (+1) 1