Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

2 minutes ago, mikef272002 said:

"Alleges". Have you heard the other side?  Maybe he did, maybe he didn't.  Maybe he noticed she was drunk and layed her on the bed, not knowing these guys were going to rape her. I'm just saying, lets hear the other side before we rush to judgment.  If in fact there is more and he is guilty of something this bad, then I agree he will need to be cut, never play in the NFL again, and face the courts. 

I agree, I’m just saying the allegations are more than what I saw in your original post - apologies if I misread or missed a bit.

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The victim alleges he took her to the room where the other guys were and, I believe, joined in.

Yeah, and sometimes people lie or are mistaken and misremember details after a traumatic event.  Maybe, considering the claims she was roofied, she only remembered having sex with Araiza before getting roofied, and then her brain incorrectly assumed he was involved in the rape and pieced together a false memory she convinced herself was true.  It happens all the time.  WE DON'T KNOW.  It's possible she's 100% true, it's possible she's 100% false.  WE DON'T KNOW.

6 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

How can they possibly be 100% sold on his innocence? Is Beane a psychic?

It makes sense now that Araiza was the third punter taken.

Because in this country we start with innocence. 

Your question needs to be flipped. They have to be 100% sure of his guilt.  Reasonable doubt in a criminal complaint is 100% innocent.  

That's how. 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Who's ruining his life? No one has said that he should go to prison yet, just that he should be released from a football team.

Do you have a recorded pretext call where 1ManRaid admitted to committing crimes? Do you have physical evidence and eyewitnesses outlined in a lawsuit? If you did, I might be inclined to believe there was more to the story than a complete fabrication

What about counter eyewitnesses provided by the defence?

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Who's ruining his life? No one has said that he should go to prison yet, just that he should be released from a football team.

Do you have a recorded pretext call where 1ManRaid admitted to committing crimes? Do you have physical evidence and eyewitnesses outlined in a lawsuit? If you did, I might be inclined to believe there was more to the story than a complete fabrication

I would argue being released from the football team would ruin his life. He would be losing a million dollar contract. 

If you were employed and lost a million dollar salary job your life would be ruined don't you think? I know mine would be.. 

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I agree, I’m just saying the allegations are more than what I saw in your original post - apologies if I misread or missed a bit.

It's all good, none of us have the facts, we're all just very concerned and I believe we all hope the facts will show us that the Bills had the information we're all missing.

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, f0neguy said:

Question for any medical professionals here…

if a woman comes in post rape to be given a “rape kit” is there blood work done as well to test for drugs?  If the woman states she was in and out of consciousness, that would be a reason to check if she had been drugged without her knowledge.

That's actually a great question.  In this case, the victim went to the hospital "a day later".  Most of the "date rape" drugs metabolize rapidly and may not have been detectable afternoon of the following day.  Some testing companies now claim 48 hr window or test hair - so it's theoretically possible but less likely.

It needs to be said that testing for these drugs may not routinely be done as part of a "rape kit", even if the timeline between the alleged assault and the examination is so short that they should be detectible.  So if you or someone you care about is ever in a situation where this is a question, know that you (or they) need to specifically request that this testing be done - don't assume it will be done - and it may initially be on your (their) dime.

Then there's this proactive initiative:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/west-hollywood-offers-free-date-rape-drug-test-kits-to-bars-and-nightclubs/ar-AA110dIZ

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The victim alleges he took her to the room where the other guys were and, I believe, joined in.

This also happened to a girl I knew at UB when I was there. She got drunk and had consensual sex with one person in his room. But was super drunk, and he let another 8 or 10 guys on the team then come in to have sex with her. 

UB football made it go away. She was a student athlete on another team. She ended up quitting her sport and transferring to another school over it. It was really sad. 

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I believe that if the police had done the right thing at the front end this wouldn't be much of a discussion. 

The young woman doesn't even have the results to her own medical procedure/testing/rape kit. 

If not for SDSU trying to protect their football team I honestly don't think we see this civil suit. At least not right now.

If this were my HS daughter and the wheels of justice were actively stalling, and somebody involved were all over national news daily being referred to as a "god", I would certainly turn to the civil courts and the franchise to make this right. I would be at training camp every single day with a sign that said "Matt Araiza raped my daughter" or "Matt Araiza was at my daughters gang rape". I would scream at Sean McDermott from the sidelines in Rochester about what his punter did to my daughter. 

I cannot imagine that any fathers on this board would "sit back and let this play out"

Easier said than done.  They probably wouldn't allow the protest on private property.  Or you'd be arrested for disorderly conduct.   But hey, worth a try.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, dje85 said:

I would argue being released from the football team would ruin his life. He would be losing a million dollar contract. 

If you were employed and lost a million dollar salary job your life would be ruined don't you think? I know mine would be.. 

Well holy *****. You better go tell the 30 players we're cutting next week that the Bills are going to "ruin" their lives, even if they didn't rape anyone.

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Hey man, sorry but your reputation is destroyed, people have labeled you a rapist and your career is gone. 

But at least your life isn’t ruined. 

• Agree 1

Just now, dje85 said:

Plus its unlikely he'd get another job. If the Bills knew about this for a month, like it is implied, they definitely know way more than anyone on this board or on twitter. This organization has done the right thing since these guys took over. They let Mccoy and Dodsons situations play out before they made their decisions on their futures, both were proven wrong. I would not be surprised or upset if they put Araiza on an exempt list until everything came out.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Hey man, sorry but your reputation is destroyed, people have labeled you a rapist and your career is gone. 

But at least your life isn’t ruined. 

That's already happened. Whether or not the Bills employ him has no bearing on his reputation. Only his actions do.

1 minute ago, dje85 said:

It's not just the loss of income but the additional perception of guilt.

If the people you work with and work for don't believe in you, that's big. They're usually the closest thing you got after family. 

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Well holy *****. You better go tell the 30 players we're cutting next week that the Bills are going to "ruin" their lives, even if they didn't rape anyone.

Yes, that is the completely same scenario.. (sarcasm)

If we cut him we are essentially saying we feel he is guilty. You think the NFL would let anyone touch him with a forty foot pole at that point? Even if he is found innocent.. I am not saying he is or isn't. I'm just saying we cut him now we likely do ruin his life. 

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

That's a strawman argument....those "30 players" lost their jobs due to their lack of performance NOT from some allegation from a woman.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1