Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

1 minute ago, TN Bills Fan said:

The first negative feeling I've had about this team in a long time.  Hopefully not true and resolved quickly.  If true I will have a hard time being a Bills fan.

If it is confirmed true they will cut him super fast. They are just waiting to see which is a reasonable response. As an example if you were a member of their Administration i would think they would not fire you if you were a solid employee and somebody made an allegation about you until more facts were known that showed you were guilty

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I'm curious: did you feel the same way about the Deshaun Watson situation?

Once  there were numerous civil suits from 20 + woman in which he settled,  I no longer believed he may be innocent. But up till then I was on the fence. Have to wait for facts

17 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Immediately released.

In this country we are innocent until proven guilty. Anyone can make an accusation. 
If guilty, he deserves punishment, but he deserves a chance to defend himself, as we all do. 

• Like (+1) 4

21 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

And yet Beane didn’t take the easy route out which I kind of respect him for - as long as his judgement is proved correct. He’s put a lot in the investigation undertaken by the Bills.

Or he didn’t have all of the information he has now.

2 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

this has nothing to do with progressivenism and you know it.

Grind that ax somewhere's else

Sure, although I’m quite certain there’s ideological alignment between the two.. and you also know it. 

35 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

but there are witnesses she was telling people she was going to college....  so how is a person supposed to know... nobody asks for ID here.

If he knew and committed the offense then yes he is guilty, but if he going by info she fed him then...

if he unwittingly commited statutory rape based upon info known at the time , then I'm not going to hold that against Matt. If he knew then yes he deserves what he gets

She wrote in her journal the day after the incident that she told him she went to high school. 

1 minute ago, Logic said:

You're right.

Watson was never accused of participating in a violent gang rape for 90 minutes.

I was totally the same about the Watson case. By the time it played out, there was a ton of victim accounts, a pattern, a court ruling, etc.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

Man, some the responses on this board are abhorrent to say the least. Some of you say he is innocent until proven guilty then proceed to drag the accuser through the mud using some very sexist, misogynistic, and down right terrible comments possible. I am dissapointed. And I am dissapointed with the Bills organization.

I see buzz word salad in your comments! Well done

• Dislike 1

Just now, Logic said:

I'm curious: did you feel the same way about the Deshaun Watson situation?

Watson can be punished under the CBA. Why are you believing just one side of the story? 

The League can't touch Araiza. The Bills knew about this and it appears they are backing his innocence. Let it play out. Watson's complaint played out.

as much as the kid looks like a great punter, a punter is not going to be the difference of the bills winning or losing the Super Bowl this season. 

Whatever punishment he deserves should be handed down and let’s move on.

Just now, SCBills said:

Sure, although I’m quite certain there’s ideological alignment between the two.. and you also know it. 

No I do not... I see the other side is just as unaccomodating. I mean the non progressive are pulling books from libraries, like the Diary of Ann Frank 

This is a multi facetted problem with our 24 hr news cycle designed to enrage all of us

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but check this interview out at 1:07:00 of McDermott from a few days ago:

"...He's a great kid" This is all after the Bills are said to know about it. I think the Bills knew before the draft (i.e. 3rd punter selected (why?), discussions online of it back in December). The Bills just don't actually care. He'll bomb a couple 80 yarders tonight and McDermott and company will sleep well.

Just now, Tanoros said:

In this country we are innocent until proven guilty. Anyone can make an accusation. 
If guilty, he deserves punishment, but he deserves a chance to defend himself, as we all do. 

The Buffalo Bills aren’t the justice system. They have no obligation to wait. They’ll act based on what’s best for the organization.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I find this hard to understand.. 

I know we joke about their obsession with core special teamers, but do Bills fans actually look at this coaching staff, McDermott and Beane.. the Pegula’s.. and think they are so obsessed with teams that they would roster a punter who they aren’t 100% sold on being innocent of what he’s accused when it involves f***ing gang rape off the heels of Deshaun Watson!?

I wouldn't have thought that yesterday morning.  But based on the details out there right now it sure looks like I was wrong.

4 minutes ago, Tanoros said:

Why do people have such a hard time understanding the difference between laws of the state and the practice of private industry when it comes to things like rights? He has no right to be treated as "innocent" by his employer (or us for that matter) until someone proves that he's guilty. His behavior has negatively impacted the franchise. That's reason enough for termination.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Mango said:

Total speculation here. 

I think the Bills thought 2 things: 

1. Araiza would have settled to not be named in the civil suit. 

2. They had assurance from SDPD that they would be protecting Araiza (10 months without the results of a rape kit? Come on). The Bills aren't caught off guard from the events. They're caught off guard that this Araiza's camp didn't make this go away. 

None of this has anything to do with the franchises belief that Araiza was guilty or innocent. And everything to do with this never coming a distraction. 

Yes and all of this plays straight with Mr. Greaseball Lawyer doing a Twitter dump trying to get the Buffalo media to order up the public square flogging.

• Like (+1) 2