Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Nope, Debunk Fail.  🚨  Your article is using "male" as an adjective - "male golfer". 

The issue here is using "female" or "male" as a noun, as in "You know what females are like in those situations"

Female what?  Female kangaroos?  Female referees?  Female tennis players?  Female humans?  Oh wait there's a word for that.

Your article, after using "male" as an adjective to modify the noun "golfer", goes on to refer to them as "men".

Read more carefully and Better Luck Next Time.

88575b4a4239b8342599acbabb7464a4.jpg

• Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dude.  Please attach a filter of some sort.  Nobody needs to read your thoughts on women’s preferences and I’m pretty sure your request for information from female posters will go unanswered.

Didn’t request that I was saying I wouldn’t comment on things I don’t know. And what I stated was totally relevant to this thread since people tried to say bruising proved it was rape. How about you stfu and block me if you can’t handle real talk. This is a discussion about rape and sex. Exit stage right if your eyes hurt reading reality.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2

Just now, ddaryl said:

Witch burnings, midievel stonings... innocent till proven guilty is here based off those past atrocities

Progressivism is regression in disguise.

We’re going backwards as a society. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 3

1 minute ago, CSBill said:

While emotionally I do not want to agree with you, my logical brain says yes. No punter is worth the potential level of distraction this could be--even if he is proven innocent (but that will take time, and time is not his or the Bills ally right now).

what do you think is going to happen.. All of the sudden the Bill will forget how to play football baecause of this. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

Gross. The accusations against Araiza are truly vile.

"He kicks the ball real far!" is not justification for rostering a player who potentially violently raped a woman for 90 minutes.

Prioritizing a handful of extra special teams yards in a football game over the health of a victimized human being and the LAW...is really gross. Don't know any other way to say it.

Let it play out. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I wonder if the typical rookie NFL contract includes any language about ‘full disclosure’.

Regardless of eventual outcome, the fact that he didn’t lay this all out to the Bills months ago, does not lead me to trust him.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Gross. The accusations against Araiza are truly vile.

"He kicks the ball real far!" is not justification for rostering a player who potentially violently raped a woman for 90 minutes.

Prioritizing a handful of extra special teams yards in a football game over the health of a victimized human being and the LAW...is really gross. Don't know any other way to say it.

An alleged victim of Araiza’s. He has not been found guilty of anything to date.

• Agree 2

Just now, UKBillFan said:

Because that’s all we can go on. Otherwise we would be under mob rule where people with pitchforks who is guilty and innocent with perhaps very little evidence to prove it.

That’s not what we want, but I think people should be less judgmental as whole in that case. I’m not encouraging any type of “mob”, I just think it’s naive to believe there aren’t plenty of guilty people walking the streets, while people can be put away on the same level of accusations. It’s a matter of circumstances in many cases. He said/she said things are very sticky, and there’s a fine line between guilt and innocence. If you’re never going to judge the “innocent” when all signs look really bad, you probably shouldn’t judge the guilty too harshly either. I’ll leave it at that, I know this is more of a personal belief thing from things I’ve witnessed. Your points are all valid .

58 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

the ol' its partially her fault she got raped. Good job

*sigh*

This is something girl parents get to wrestle with in today's world: how to tell your party-age child that it's not her fault if something horrible happens without her consent, but it *is* her responsibility to own her choices and take actions to minimize the chances.

Those talks just suck.  It turns out to be a very fine line between responsibility owning, and victim blaming.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, hemma said:

I wonder if the typical rookie NFL contract includes any language about ‘full disclosure’.

Regardless of eventual outcome, the fact that he didn’t lay this all out to the Bills months ago, does not lead me to trust him.

I'm in the same boat. But still waiting to know exactly what he told the Bills and when.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

Progressivism is regression in disguise.

We’re going backwards as a society. 

this has nothing to do with progressivenism and you know it.

Grind that ax somewhere's else

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

A big distraction and PR nightmare for the Bills - does not equal national shame. For that try invading a country based on a lie and killing 500,000 innocent people. As for me I do not condone rape culture, but I also don’t condone cancel culture.

I’m assuming our team had time to consider the impact of this allegation coming out in the media. I’m assuming they presume Ariaza’s version of events are truthful; non-involvement in a gang rape. 

I presume the Bills have a plan B. As of right now their thinking must be IF Araiza is not criminally charged then retain him.

You are entitled to disagree - I may disagree too. Bills FO and coaches have two choices and for now appear to be backing the punter. This does not make the Bills a national shame. 

What part of this is "cancel culture"? The shame is being foisted upon the Bills whether or not they are willing to accept it. You can choose whether or not you're embarrassed, but you don't get to decide whether or not you're an embarrassment. The simple fact is, the Bills welcomed this massive distraction and neagtive publicity when they didn't cut ties the moment they knew.

If they had, no one would have blamed them. Now? If Araiza turns out to be guilty, they're completely complicit. Even if it can't be proven that he isn't, it still may taint the entire season. Imagine turning into the Super Bowl with the Bills looking to win their first championship and the talk of the town is how their punter is an alleged rapist?

16 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Jane Doe’s lawyer posting personal conversations and the victim’s diary, which seems very suspect and forced, all over Twitter is such a scumbag thing. 

He’s acting like a complete clown. 

Yeah I'm pretty skeptical here of Araiza even on just the possible sex with a minor...but this lawyer seems like a total clown

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SirAndrew said:

That’s not what we want, but I think people should be less judgmental as whole in that case. I’m not encouraging any type of “mob”, I just think it’s naive to believe there aren’t plenty of guilty people walking the streets, while people can be put away on the same level of accusations. It’s a matter of circumstances in many cases. He said/she said things are very sticky, and there’s a fine line between guilt and innocence. If you’re never going to judge the “innocent” when all signs look really bad, you probably shouldn’t judge the guilty too harshly either. I’ll leave it at that, I know this is more of a personal belief thing from things I’ve witnessed. Your points are all valid .

I understand what you mean - an outcome in court is always on the basis of probability off the back of the evidence even, in criminal cases, it should be beyond all doubt. But guilty people have no doubt walked free ad innocent people have definitely spent time behind bars. Or even executed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Are people outraged and threatening to boycott the Bills over Kim's medical records? Of course not. Weird comparison.

If you're a professional sports franchise willing to keep an accused rapist, you'd better be ready to explain why. Otherwise you look dumb at best.

Shirley

Check the Kim Pegula thread on this board and count how many people are adamant that the Bills owe the fans full disclosure.  It’s very similar.  

I’ll agree that Araiza’s issues eventually need to be explained by the Bills but your 12 hour standard based on Twitter is simply incorrect and if teams adhered to this every time someone demanded it, the world would get even crazier.

1 minute ago, TN Bills Fan said:

The first negative feeling I've had about this team in a long time.  Hopefully not true and resolved quickly.  If true I will have a hard time being a Bills fan.

I find this hard to understand.. 

I know we joke about their obsession with core special teamers, but do Bills fans actually look at this coaching staff, McDermott and Beane.. the Pegula’s.. and think they are so obsessed with teams that they would roster a punter who they aren’t 100% sold on being innocent of what he’s accused when it involves f***ing gang rape off the heels of Deshaun Watson!?

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

109 pages in 17 hours. Gotta be a TSW record.

This one's going to be hard to ever definitively prove one way or the other, as rape accusations of this nature often are.

The question, then, is do the Bills want to stand by Araiza, weather the firestorm of criticism and distraction and the hit to their reputation? Or, instead, do they figure that a punter isn't worth the headaches this matter is about to cause?

Even if one removes moral and ethical implications and looks at the matter strictly from a cynical, practical point of view, it seems to me that a rookie punter is NOT worth the headaches this matter is about to cause. Further, I would say that who is punting for the Bills will likely have very little impact on their Super Bowl chances over the next five years.

Cut him, sign a mediocre, boring veteran, and move on. Set a precedent. Be better than the Browns and the Commanders of the world. Be better.

For a guy called "Logic," I find it odd that you've created a false binary choice.  I don't want the Bills to "stand by Araiza" nor do I want them to ditch the guy because he's not worth the headache.  Both options you present are noxious.  I want the Bills to investigate the matter and then do the right thing.

It's flat out morally, ethically wrong to pull a Brian Banks on Araiza and crap on him because of a false accusation.  But if the accusation turns out to be true, the right thing to do is cut him.  At this point it doesn't seem the Bills - or police - know enough to make an informed decision based on the preponderance of evidence.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3