Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

1 minute ago, HamSandwhich said:

Seems like judge and Jury is already out? It’s been decided he did this? 

His guilt or innocence has not been decided within the legal system yet.  It has been decided by most, including me that he shouldn’t be Bills punter.

Edited by Billsflyer12

7 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

She was alert enough to tell a friend right afterwards that she was raped. So the in and out of consciousness ended as soon as the rape was over. Coincidence 

Of all the bad takes I’ve ever seen, congrats on taking the prize for worst of all time. 

Sometimes I’m really glad I only get to interact with some of you mouth breathers over the internet and not in person. 

And I broke the rule of name calling. I’ll take a time out if needed but some of you are truly disgusting humans. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

Fine, but those aren't the facts either.  So you're also not operating on the facts.

Letting it all play out as it should.

What are not the facts? Was she not bruised and bleeding. Did she not go to the hospital? 

13 minutes ago, NY Nole said:

The text messages shared by the woman's lawyer indicate the woman's lawyer was calling both the Bills and Araiza. It is also insinuated that the woman's lawyer presented a settlement offer to Araiza directly. Araiza's lawyer told the woman's lawyer to stop calling both the Bills and Araiza. He tells the woman's lawyer that he doesn't believe Araiza is interested in "settling" any civil case that was threatened. Two days later, Araiza's lawyer texted the woman's lawyer and asked what number the woman was looking for -- as Araiza's parents wanted to know. Araiza's lawyer was making the point to the woman's lawyer that if he kept calling the Bills, pissed them off and they cut Araiza -- there would be no money to get. It sounds to me like Araiza's lawyer was being asked by Araiza's parents to see what kind of real money they were looking for to make this go away -- I suspect the initial ask/demand to Araiza was a big one.

This case hardly appears to be an open and shut case. The woman's lawyer sounds very much like a scumbag and she sounds like she was interested in getting money from Araiza.    

Sounds like the Pat Kane scandal! 

22 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It will make a difference.   Rest of the players will see that the team doesn't have their back. Team will fall apart quicker your way.

I'm not so sure about that - I would imagine there are a number of players who today are looking sideways at the dude like wtf - and would not care (or even welcome) if the the Bills just moved on from him.  They are focused on winning the SB (and know this player is not an irreplaceable element in that) - I'm sure some are not thrilled about the distraction

Edited by stevewin
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Part of the reason I'm a little more innocent until proven guilty in this case is that I've personally had a friend nearly ruined because of a false rape claim.  I'm not saying he is innocent, but I can't stand the mob lynching at the drop of a hat on just the accusation. So it really bugs me to see people say false rape claims never happen.

I've personally had to intervene and shut down a false rape claim against my best friend by a female friend of mine he was dating.  Both her and my ex (her best friend) were literally set to go to the police the next day with her mom to both file false rape claims against him, after already admitting to me it was bogus and they were just doing this because they were angry at him and wanted a way to break up with him and not look bad.  I knew they both only dated him (and another friend of mine) because it was actually me they liked and knew they could spend time with me through my friends, so I made it clear to them that ruining my best friend's life with these false claims would 100% forever make me hate them and want nothing to do with them other than vigorously pursuing charges against them for false claims.  That was enough to get them to back off and not go through with pressing charges.  The worst part is the mom knew the claims were false and was encouraging them to go through with it anyways, I think out of some general hatred for men from her divorce. 

Yea.. a lot of this is probably experience driven.   Women who have been assaulted empathize with any allegations, justifiably.  Men who have been falsely accused or witnessed it, otherwise. 

This happened in my high school.  After likely realizing how she’d be viewed, she told police four guys at a party raped her.  Her friends that went with her to the party all told authorities she was lying and it was consensual.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billsflyer12 said:

His guilt or innocence has not been decided within the legal system yet.  It has been decided by most, including me that he shouldn’t be Bills punter.

Oh so it’s the kangaroo court of public opinion? I’m glad you’re not a decision maker then!

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Regardless of what really happened - and I'm not getting into the muck one way or the other - one thing is certain:

Beane completely f'd up by cutting Haack this week.

Did he really think this would not come out?

He must have done, unless he thought it’d be settled out of court or dismissed like Miller. 

Edited by UKBillFan

I'm really surprised the bills are playing him tonight. Not saying cut him immediately...let all the facts come out etc etc. But he's a punter and it's a meaningless preseason game....just sit him. 

Seems so unlike mcbeane.

• Disagree 1

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

Regardless of what really happened - and I'm not getting into the muck one way or the other - one thing is certain:

Did he though? Haack isn't that good of a punter anyways. I feel we could get a better punter than Haack after cuts or at least similarly talented. 

As far as I am concerned it shows how much trust they had in Haack as the starter that they willingly decided to roll the dice on this than cut the potential media storm issue before it happened. 

6 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Though do we have explicit evidence that he knew she was a child? She says she told him he was 17; defence witnesses state she told many people present that she was 18.

What high school girl goes to a college party and tells the older guys that she's 17?

In my day, when you were in High School you lied and said you were a Freshman in college at frat parties. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Even if he is 100% innocent, the distraction and media circus that this is already is reason enough for me to cut a punter. 

If this was Josh right now I would want him on Commissioner Except list immediately.

How the Bills and league handle these things doesn’t seem difficult to me, yet they both still continue to screw this up.

Imagine if you (or a close family member) was falsely accused of something like rape or domestic abuse.

Your reputation is gone.  Your closest friends now hate you.  And instead of waiting for all the information came out, your job immediately fires you because they don't want to "deal with the distraction" from the media.

The Bills front office claims to care about the personal lives of their players.  I'm glad that Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott are willing to be patient, and won't throw Araiza to the wolves, because it's uncomfortable answering these types of questions from reporters.

Again.  There is nothing wrong with waiting for the facts.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Process said:

I'm really surprised the bills are playing him tonight. Not saying cut him immediately...let all the facts come out etc etc. But he's a punter and it's a meaningless preseason game....just sit him. 

Seems so unlike mcbeane.

Makes me think we’re planning to go into the season with him as punter so want to get the “first game since…” out of the way.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Another way to look at it is that the Bills did their due diligence and made a decision based on better information than what we have.  

I mean, maybe they screwed it up.  It's certainly been known to happen.  But there's literally no harm in reserving judgement for the time being.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

the ol' its partially her fault she got raped. Good job

There is something to be said for putting yourself in these situations.....not saying its her fault at all if this happened.  But people lack common sense sometimes.  Your 17, I would guess attractive and decided to go to a college party with drunked up hyper hormonal young men.  The thought never crossed her mind that she might be putting herself in a bad situation?  Again, its not her fault that she got raped, but where is the common sense.  Where is the parenting?

I could go running through Compton with a bag full of money if I wanted.  If I get robbed, its not my fault and the thief should go to jail....But I put my self in that situation.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

It probably means that Beane knows a lot more about all of this than we do right now.