Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Oh please. Get the facts right. 

A young woman was beaten and bloodied by 3-5 men on the football team. The next day went to the hospital. 

In understand some people want to whitewash this because it’s the Bills.  But your boiling down of the situation is disrespectful. 

Facts straight. It was two days later.

6 minutes ago, DrBob806 said:

I just can’t imagine the bills would allow this without know some other very specific information.  We’ll likely know more by today. Maybe they had us fooled, but I’m certainly not ready to jump to that conclusion yet. 

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

I guess we can go with the over under of how many times the press will ask questions that they will get the same no comment answer to.

I'd go with much less than 100k and put the over/under at 2.

Yeah, no distraction here that has the potential of completely eroding the team's ability to squarely focus on football. 😒

Edited by Motorin'
  • Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I'm curious about the "doesn't pass the McDermott character test" conclusion, though. 

McDermott preaches character, so he will have to address this publicly…Coach has a wife and two daughters… So, imagine he can relate to the victim’s parents as well… Good point about college players… Guessing their are plenty of Bills players who can relate to both Ariaza’s and the young woman’s plight… Not the rape allegation, but the dangerous cocktail of fame, sex, alcohol, and ego… Life lesson…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, teef said:

At the end of the day, this is it.  Unless they have some evidence that they truly absolves this guy, why keep him?    

Right. Maybe they do. But they better come out in a hurry and explain themselves. Like before noon today.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

Oh please. Get the facts right. 

A young woman was beaten and bloodied by 3-5 men on the football team. The next day went to the hospital. 

In understand some people want to whitewash this because it’s the Bills.  But your boiling down of the situation is disrespectful. 

Was Matt involved in that is the question.......   ANd if he was not involved in that and like the defense lawyer said he has plenty of witnesses that say the girl was telling everyone she was in college.

Let the real facts come out here.

If Matt is guilty then he will pay, but the only thing Matt is guilty of right now is not checking her ID

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Eastside Oasis said:

She was 17.  If the rape kit has his DNA, he's going to get charged with a felony. 

Just FYI, I read that in California it is typically only a felony when the perpetrator is 21 or older and the victim is 16 or under. 

Otherwise it is a misdemeanor.

Because Araiza was 20 and the alleged victim was 17, it may be a misdemeanor.

Just now, SWATeam said:

And this has been said no less that 100 times in this thread as if it is some sort of complex concept that everyone doesn't understand.

Its a very simple concept, yet we still have people acting as if he's been proven guilty already.

Whether they don't understand this simple concept or are simply rejecting it I can't say. What is certain is they aren't adhering to the concept.

Just now, SWATeam said:

No one here has the power to subject Matt to any criminal punishment.  Innocent until proven guilty is for the courts.

So maybe before treating him as guilty we should all wait until we see how this plays out through the courts?

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Believer said:

McDermott preaches character, so he will have to address this publicly…Coach has a wife and two daughters… So, imagine he can relate to the victim’s parents as well… Good point about college players… Guessing their are plenty of Bills players who can relate to both Ariaza’s and the young woman’s plight… Not the rape allegation, but the dangerous cocktail of fame, sex, alcohol, and ego… Life lesson…

There was an Ohio state player falsely accused of sexual harrassment by his tutor. Ruined his football career. She was mad he didn’t want to date her. It’s not a big name, but he was a highly ranked recruit who had a lot of potential but removed from the team while they did the title IX investigation and set him back so far he never recovered even though he wasn’t guilty of it. This happens a lot actually where women accuse football players of things which is why they need to be extremely careful if where they go, what they do and who they trust. Regardless of what matt did or didn’t do here within the accusations, he clearly put himself in a very bad situation. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I had about 50 pages of catch up to gloss through, so if this has been covered, just disregard.

1) I assume about every person in California knows that the legal age for drinking is 21.

2) I assume that less than everyone knows that the age of consent is 18.

3) Why would this girl be proclaiming her age as 18?  If she did, it would be as if saying ‘I am legal for sex.’

4) Do kids nowadays actually announce their age to advertise they are legal for sex?  I am old as dirt but in my day, announcing age was for drinking, not sex availability.  Makes me question the truthfulness all of these ‘she said 18’ witnesses.

5) An observation - Injuries on her neck appear to be hickys as opposed to strangle marks.

6) Was she a regular on this ‘party circuit’?   I think that will be brought up (if known) by Araiza’s attorney.

7) Araiza said nothing to the Bills for months about this cluster*****? Regardless of how this turns out, I don’t like that about him, at all.

There is a lot of gray.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

She was 17. That’s one fact we don’t have to wait for. 

I was in a frat at Oklahoma State and we didn't ask for ID's. When you're 19 and the girl is 17... I mean, come on. 

Hell, I'm engaged to a girl who is 29 right now (I'm 47). That's a considerable age difference. A 17 year old Senior in HS compared to a 18 or even 21 year old college student, you can't tell. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

What a terrible situation. I really feel for the victim, provided it’s true—at the same time it’s also difficult to believe that our Front office that’s basically done everything else right since getting here, would fumble something this serious, so I’ll still withhold some judgment, but no matter the outcome from here, the PR damage to the team has been done—right or wrong, that’s what it is now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Just FYI, I read that in California it is typically only a felony when the perpetrator is 21 or older and the victim is 16 or under. 

Otherwise it is a misdemeanor.

Because Araiza was 20 and the alleged victim was 17, it may be a misdemeanor.

Yeah it will be close.  The one video I watched with an expert in this sort of stuff said it's less than 3 years older = misdemeanor  more than 3 = felony