Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

2 minutes ago, napmaster said:

Thanks for posting this.  California allows Mistake of Age as a defense.  Without knowing the details, it seems a reasonable assumption that attendees of a college party are beyond the age of consent. 

I just wonder if the Bills truly feel it is a wise decision to hedge their bets on the "mistake of age" defense?

Edited by Beast

8 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

She was 17. That’s one fact we don’t have to wait for. 

I don't think I'm asking anyone for an ID at a party in college, he may be guilty here and have to pay for that but I'm not going to hang him for something like that... 

Now if he was more involved in pouring the drink and getting teammates to pile on then that's a different story

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, teef said:

As others have mentioned, the bills reacting is my biggest curiosity at this point.  How in the living ***** could they have know about this?  

https://dailysnark.com/2022/08/25/report-buffalo-bills-knew-about-matt-araizas-sexual-assault-allegations-last-month-and-still-cut-his-competition-from-team/

Hmm, who knows if this is credible...

3 minutes ago, napmaster said:

Thanks for posting this.  California allows Mistake of Age as a defense.  Without knowing the details, it seems a reasonable assumption that attendees of a college party are beyond the age of consent. 

Attorney is saying that he has witnesses who are claiming she told everyone she went to a specific college 

22 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Were the accusations this serious though?

I don't recall the incidents with McCoy/Dodson so I'm not saying your wrong, just curious

Something happened with Ed Oliver too. Dodson was DV. I can’t remember Shady. Von Miller was just accused of something too. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Sort of, but they may have new information now

I don't think any new information has come about, other than its now in the public eye.

Also people are now contradicting that NFL teams new about this prior to the draft.

This is getting very confusing.

13 hours ago, Pasaluki said:

yeah the girl was covered in blood according to the complaint. So I can throw stones no problem actually. 

Yeah, But that doesn't prove Araiza caused it.

If I was at a party and met a girl I didn't know, and she had nose and belly button rings or piercings? Yeah, I going to figure she's of age.

What parent would allow their underage child to get nose and bellybutton piercing? 

Now of course, being that she's underage doesn't bode well for Matt.

• Disagree 4

53 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

It's impossible to listen to WGR.

The employer has to let the courts and legal play out before just believing what someone says.

I wonder how Jeremy would feel if he got fired today because a girl said she had intercourse with him?   

Oh please. Get the facts right. 

A young woman was beaten and bloodied by 3-5 men on the football team. The next day went to the hospital. 

In understand some people want to whitewash this because it’s the Bills.  But your boiling down of the situation is disrespectful. 

• Disagree 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, DrBob806 said:

His criminal attorney (in that clip posted earlier in the thread) makes it damned clear that the Bills knew about it before they cut Haack. There's no getting around that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s actually not true. It has be performance/ability related to be cut (remember the whole vaccine thing last year?). At this point it would be tough to prove that he’s being cut for those reasons after cutting Haack already. Sure they could cut him if he did something off the field. But as it stands right now The nflpa and his agent would fight it since he’s only been accused in a civil lawsuit at this point. I don’t believe he can go on the exempt list per the CBA as that’s related to the personal conduct policy and this occurred in college. 

Fair points.  We will see what happens today, but the Bills have known about this for minimum 3 weeks.  They could have cut him anytime during this time and kept other punter and called it performance.  Bills have messed this up and have today to fix it.  He shouldn’t dress or play for Bills, period.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, Beast said:

And thought it would be a such a good idea keeping him and they could asorb the media blitz over a damned punter.

At the end of the day, this is it.  Unless they have some evidence that they truly absolves this guy, why keep him?    

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

he's innocent until proven guilty.

And this has been said no less that 100 times in this thread as if it is some sort of complex concept that everyone doesn't understand.

No one here has the power to subject Matt to any criminal punishment.  Innocent until proven guilty is for the courts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, pocoboy said:

Yeah pretty sure he means that the press is going to ask like 100K questions about this.

I guess we can go with the over under of how many times the press will ask questions that they will get the same no comment answer to.

I'd go with much less than 100k and put the over/under at 2.

1 minute ago, Buffaloflash said:

Yeah, But that doesn't prove Araiza caused it.

If I was at a party and met a girl I didn't know, and she had nose and belly button rings or piercings? Yeah, I going to figure she's of age.

What parent would allow their underage child to get nose and bellybutton piercing? 

Now of course, being that she's underage doesn't bode well for Matt.

A) Do you not remember high school?

B) You "Assuming" is not a viable defense and will not hold up in court. 

• Eyeroll 1

She was 17.  If the rape kit has his DNA, he's going to get charged with a felony.  The police, however, will not release the result of the potential victim's rape kit to her.  WTF?

Those results will eventually be released and then we'll see.  Not a great look for the Bills.  May explain the draft day slide.

Don't know if the video has been posted (have not been through the whole thread), but it was an open secret on campus.  SDSU not looking great either.