Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The girl says they filed the lawsuit because they are unable to get the results of the rape kit. She said she doesn’t know why it’s taking so long. The evidence was only recently given to the DA to decide on charges.

The only thing they couldn't get from the rape kit themselves would be DNA swabs and any match that may have been made.  Everything else could be obtained through a roughly simultaneous (and invasive and humiliating) independent physical examination. 

It's impossible to listen to WGR.

The employer has to let the courts and legal play out before just believing what someone says.

I wonder how Jeremy would feel if he got fired today because a girl said she had intercourse with him?   

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, BTB said:

Well, I guess they weren’t thorough prior to the draft. 

Like I said before if this kid is guilty of this his life is over. But I’m going to let the investigation play out before I pass judgement. Brian Banks was literally convicted of rape in a jury trial and went to federal prison and he only was found innocent when he conducted a one man sting operation. The Bills had to have spoken to law enforcement or witnesses at the party that’s my belief 

3 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

It's impossible to listen to WGR.

The employer has to let the courts and legal play out before just believing what someone says.

I wonder how Jeremy would feel if he got fired today because a girl said she had intercourse with him?   

No they don’t.  They can cut someone for anything.  This easy call, if they don’t cut him or put him on commissioners except list this morning then the Bills will and should look worse then they do already.

Edited by Billsflyer12
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, BTB said:

Got me there.  All those years of watching Law & Order have paid off for you. 😂

In this day in age…. You have to just let it play out. I’m not taking anyones side. This is sloppy and has just too many questions to be answered. 

I hate responses on here that say “this looks bad, just cut him”…. Why? There is too much false accusations that get thrown around daily. If he’s guilty let them prove their case, if he’s not the truth will come out. That’s it. I am not leaning one way or another and I could care less how this “looks”….

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Are you under the impression if something doesn’t make the news, it doesn’t happen?

You think there are other rape civil suits pending against other NFL players that aren’t being reported nationally?  Just our obscure punter who has never played in an NFL regular season game?

Damn media really has it out for our Bills.  😡

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Also makes me wonder about whether this was a pre-planned shakedown.  This incident occurred before Araiza was on NFL radars, right?  (Or maybe at about the same time as he was getting noticed.)  Point is, the alleged vic made a point of finding Araiza to follow up on this before he was the "punt god" and a Buffalo Bill (fleeting as perhaps that may be).  So while I acknowledge that what happened yesterday was driven in part by his status as a rostered member of the Bills (he's the "target" D; the filing was timed to leverage him and the Bills just before the start of the season and after Haack was cut), I frankly doubt that this is a situation in which the alleged vic had an encounter with a football star that was consensual and that she rethought for the purpose of extorting him immediately thereafter. 

No. Araiza was the top player at SDSU and an NFL prospect entering his senior season. He was well known. He was “Punt God” we’ll before being drafted.

This was kept very quiet. The girl immediately claimed rape and went to the police. She went through hours of testing less than a day after the alleged rape. There was no shakedown plan. 

What makes this case will be her friends. She claims her friends found her bloody and beaten immediately after. We’ll see if that’s true.

11 minutes ago, muppy said:

To the bolded My perception was that araiza never felt comfortable with that handle. But the moniker has stuck around anyway. 

Maybe. I'd have to think someone could go "STOP CALLING ME THAT PLEASE" and they'd probably stop. Anyway, maybe I'm wrong. I feel like a guy who's ready to tell a gal he screwed to test for STD's is a guy who has like ZERO moral compass and one should think long and hard about how important he might be to your team that ends up on the 50 in 2 plays and thus an 80 yard punt means little to nothing.

• Disagree 2

Interesting how DeShaun Watson wasn’t charged with a single crime, yet some Bills fans want the legal system to play out before dumping Araiza. We’re unanimously against Watson, yet these allegations are far more disgusting, but I guess he’s our guy to some. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

In California, it is illegal for an adult (someone 18 or older) to have sex with a minor (someone younger than 18), even if the sex is consensual. Those who break the law have committed statutory rape.

https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/california-statutory-rape-laws.htm#:~:text=In California%2C it is illegal,law have committed statutory rape.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

Interesting how DeShaun Watson wasn’t charged with a single crime, yet some Bills fans want the legal system to play out before dumping Araiza. We’re unanimously against Watson, yet these allegations are far more disgusting, but I guess he’s our guy to some. 

He must have really hit the table-jumps already. Since that's more important to the Maf than football or morals.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BTB said:

You think there are other rape civil suits pending against other NFL players that aren’t being reported nationally?  Just our obscure punter who has never played in an NFL regular season game?

Damn media really has it out for our Bills.  😡

Im talking about paying people off so it never hits the public.  It happens a lot.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Araiza was the top player at SDSU and an NFL prospect entering his senior season

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that he wasn't a full-time punter until the 2021 season, and that his NFL stock rose because of his punting that occurred during that season.  He was principally a kicker before 2021 and, to my knowledge, he wasn't on NFL radars as a kicker.  So I think my prior point stands.