Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

LOL no. I'm not a judge or jury and neither are you. So we really don't need to do anything.

I'm perfectly fine judging Araiza on the facts as they lie. If more evidence comes out, maybe I'll change my mind.

Most of the ‘facts’ which have come out are the case of the prosecution and will be countered by the defence, which we have less information on as it stands - hence I have put facts in inverted commas, because there will be counter claims against the majority made. If people only ever heard the prosecution’s case before coming to a decision no one would be able to move in prison for numbers in there.

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Most of the ‘facts’ which have come out are the case of the prosecution and will be countered by the defence, which we have less information on as it stands - hence I have put facts in inverted commas, because there will be counter claims against the majority made. If people only ever heard the prosecution’s case before coming to a decision no one would be able to move in prison for numbers in there.

Thank you for the inverted commas. They're very helpful.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Lol and this proves my exact sentiments. I have NEVER been predatory in my life. Yet you sit here and make your assumptions based on zero evidence…lol. I’m sure if you were my boss I’d be fired cause you worry about what I may have done based on nothing. So far all the evidence points to him being a typical college athlete! I’ve been around this stuff and no very well how females get in these situations. That’s why I’m not quick to judge! If facts come out that what she is saying is indeed true then throw him under the jail! But I would never sit back and based on what’s known so far give her the benefit of the doubt over him. Those of you doing that clearly don’t understand the culture of popular athletes! 

THERE IS A REASON ALMOST A YEAR HAS GONE BY AND HE HASNT BEEN CHARGED WITH ANYTHING!

This isn’t some case where he was arrested and charges dropped cause she stopped cooperating. So many idiots in this thread it’s sickening!

I understand from what you’ve written where you have been on the wrong end of a made up allegation which affected you badly, so you have vested interest in this, but, whilst I’m sorry for what you went through and can appreciate how this must make you feel, most people don’t act the way those in question did against you and lying about age does not automatically result in open season on a person, whether it be allegations of shakedown or crimes of a violent nature.

Of course, in Araiza’s case it MAY lead to the charge of statutory rape being dropped but it is too early to know this.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

lol…if men started being offended when referred to as “males” what would you say?

I read that article and get the point but at the same time “female” refers to minors as well as adults so imo a relevant word in this case since the female in question was a minor and considered just a “girl” at the time and not yet a “woman” (even tho in Buffalo 17 years old is perfectly legal) so “female” seems totally appropriate regardless of PC. I’d rather apologize for just using a run on sentence than apologizing for using the term female.

Anywho I just came back from LA yesterday and im sure the jet lag will kick my ass tomorrow. Should be interesting at the Bills bar and game tomorrow as the fanbase is now divided over this. I stand by my Bills and believe in their investigation over the clowns rushing to judgment on this board. Cutting Araiza at this point after Haack is long gone and with a new team seems counterproductive and would only compound the issue. LONG LIVE PUNT GOD until evidence says he’s guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Goodnight sweet princes and princesses 😉😚

Edited by StHustle

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

LOL no. I'm not a judge or jury and neither are you. So we really don't need to do anything.

I'm perfectly fine judging Araiza on the facts as they lie. If more evidence comes out, maybe I'll change my mind.

So you are not a judge but you are fine passing judgement on Araiza before the facts are fully known .. got it.

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I can't believe it took 84 pages for someone to call someone else a Nazi

Please reread. Nobody called anyone else a Nazi. Interesting interpretation of me saying our fathers and grandfathers fought to protect us from the tyranny of the Nazis who would just drag people out declare their guilt and pass sentencing. Not an accurate one, but interesting.

• Agree 1

Just now, CorkScrewHill said:

So you are not a judge but you are fine passing judgement on Araiza before the facts are fully known .. got it.

Please reread. Nobody called anyone else a Nazi. Interesting interpretation of me saying our fathers and grandfathers fought to protect us from the tyranny of the Nazis who would just drag people out declare their guilt and pass sentencing. Not an accurate one, but interesting.

My judgement doesn't mean anything to anybody. Don't let it upset you.

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Obviously this isn't the biggest issue at play here. But we have a game today. Who is going to Punt? Are they going to put him on the field tomorrow?

I bet he will punt. It would be pointless for him not to. Him punting would not result in any additional backlash that hasn't already been dealt. If they sit him, that will just bring extra attention. As it stands, he's not been convicted of anything and is allowed to play, so the Bills will let him play.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They casually used the term male to describe the best men golfers and nobody is butt hurt. 

No, they didn't. "what follows is our opinion about which golfers, and in which order, constitute the 25 male golfers of all-time."

They used the word "male" as an adjective, which is appropriate. No one is saying you shouldn't say "female golfers" . What they're saying is that you shouldn't say "I was hanging out with 5 females yesterday".

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, LeGOATski said:

I bet he will punt. It would be pointless for him not to. Him punting would not result in any additional backlash that hasn't already been dealt. If they sit him, that will just bring extra attention. As it stands, he's not been convicted of anything and is allowed to play, so the Bills will let him play.

Yup! And he's probably in Charlotte as we speak. Sleeping. 

This from ESPN.com article:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34460423/buffalo-bills-punter-matt-araiza-two-san-diego-state-football-players-accused-gang-raping-minor-lawsuit

"...The NFL said in a statement that it was also aware of the incident but declined to comment. Because the alleged rape happened before Araiza was drafted, he would not be subject to the league's personal conduct policy. ..."

11 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yup! And he's probably in Charlotte as we speak. Sleeping. 

This from ESPN.com article:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34460423/buffalo-bills-punter-matt-araiza-two-san-diego-state-football-players-accused-gang-raping-minor-lawsuit

"...The NFL said in a statement that it was also aware of the incident but declined to comment. Because the alleged rape happened before Araiza was drafted, he would not be subject to the league's personal conduct policy. ..."

Idk if it's been covered in the thread already, but I wonder what the NFL could do then. Or would punishment be completely up to the Bills?

I would really like to be a fly on the wall listening to what the SCU detectives think.

10 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Idk if it's been covered in the thread already, but I wonder what the NFL could do then. Or would punishment be completely up to the Bills?

I would really like to be a fly on the wall listening to what the SCU detectives think.

Nothing.  If he's indicted in a criminal trial than he's gone.  Not sure if that still possible,  this is civil and 3 people are on complaint.  The bar is way lower.  They settle like Pat Kane did and move on?

It's a civil complaint.   They get nothing if he can't make money... How does that make the plaintiff whole?  Didn't I read that one offer by the plaintiff was withdrawn? 

Only punishment is his money AND if it went criminal, which is strange because that's usually first. Why would the Bills punishment him? They drafted him.  2 punters went before him, maybe that's why he fell to Bills. 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'm sorry are you suggesting it's an exaggeration? The entire country is talking about it and he plays for the Bills. It's being referred to as "Bills Punter...". We have an alleged rapist on our team. If that doesn't bring you shame, then it's impossible to do so.

A big distraction and PR nightmare for the Bills - does not equal national shame. For that try invading a country based on a lie and killing 500,000 innocent people. As for me I do not condone rape culture, but I also don’t condone cancel culture.

I’m assuming our team had time to consider the impact of this allegation coming out in the media. I’m assuming they presume Ariaza’s version of events are truthful; non-involvement in a gang rape. 

I presume the Bills have a plan B. As of right now their thinking must be IF Araiza is not criminally charged then retain him.

You are entitled to disagree - I may disagree too. Bills FO and coaches have two choices and for now appear to be backing the punter. This does not make the Bills a national shame. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Nothing.  If he's guilty in a criminal than he's gone.  Not sure if that still possible,  this is civil and 3 people are on complaint.  The bar is way lower.  They settle like Pat Kane did and move on?

It's a civil complaint.   They get nothing if he can't make money... How does that make the plaintiff whole?  Didn't I read that one offer by the plaintiff was withdrawn? 

Only punishment is his money AND if it went criminal, which is strange because that's usually first. Why would the Bills punishment him? They drafted him.  2 punters went before him, maybe that's why he fell to Bills. 

That's how I understand it, as well. I'm not sure what people are expecting. At this point in the process, the league and the Bills can't really do anything, including sitting him out of a game.

• Agree 1