Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

1 minute ago, phypon said:

Talking about allegations has nothing to do with you abusing your ridiculous "moderator" powers on a message board.

Do you understand that those  injuries seem to have occurred AFTER she appears to have willingly performed falatio on said punter?

I thing you should lose your moderator status. 

hungry g league GIF by Sacramento Kings

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

she claims he brought her into the bedroom and tossed her on the bed, no?

she certainly does. I don’t know WEO there’s parts of this story that sort of work in his favor and obviously some that are pretty damning. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Who said there’s little direct evidence?  From what I understand the alleged victim disclosed quickly, submitted to a rape kit, and participated in a controlled call in which an alleged perp admitted sexual contact.  Let’s assume the rape kit reflects trauma, tearing, and the collection of a DNA sample.  If that isn’t significant direct evidence then I don’t know what is.  

sorry wasn’t clear - there definitely direct evidence of the what - bodily injury and we know a rape kit was administered but don’t know the results yet. Something certainly terrible to this girl.

7 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

For the what if she lied about her age crowd. This is the law in California. If he had sex with her and they want to arrest him they can. All they need is proof he had sex with her.

20220825_231609.jpg

Sure, they can arrest him, but convicting in front of a skeptical jury is another thing.

Edited by chongli
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

This is wrong. 

Is it?  

That seems pretty harsh to hit a 20 year old with stat rape because a 17 year old is at a college party and they hook up. 

Obviously assuming the woman was presumed to be of age. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This whole story is crazy......and so is all the speculation surrounding it.  Been following this all night just like everyone else, but everyone is just going around in circles and insisting their opinion is the obvious answer.  Some want him cut immediately.  Some think this is just a money grab and that the whole thing is bogus.

The fact is, none of us know what happened that night.  None of us were there.  But here is what I have gathered that requires no speculation at all:

1.  None of us were there and can possibly prove one way or another what actually happened.

2.  Both of the lawyers have shown to be rather stupid and unprofessional.  I mean, who makes statements publicly like Araiza's attorney did?  And who posts text messages about conversations between the lawyers themselves, some of which seem to contradict the point he was trying to make in the first place?  I don't know either of them, but they both come across as having a bit of "bargain basement" in them and they should probably both just shut up and do this out of the public eye.  It's not helping either one of them.

3.  The Bills we made aware of all this almost a month ago now.  I can virtually guarantee they have a lot more information than any of us do.

4.  That said, the Bills based on all of the information they have regarding the incident in question, in the midst of a punter competition, cut a guy that by all accounts was having a solid camp in order to keep a rookie, with a pending lawsuit they knew was coming, and would get out to the public.

5.  IF....and it may be a big IF.....  Araiza plays tomorrow night after all this has come to light and hasn't already been cut, the Bills obviously feel very strongly with the information they have that the public does not at this point that this situation is something that will not impact the organization in an overwhelmingly negative way to publicly stand by and support Araiza as this plays out.

As I said.....I have no idea what happened at that party/gathering and I am not going to assume or speculate on anything based on what has been made public.  If the allegations turn out to be true, of course he should be cut and prosecuted to the furthest extent of the law.  But I have seen so many people come out and try to cut the player because he's a "only a punter" and we don't need the distraction.  That's a trash take.  It makes no difference what position he played.  Would you all be coming with the same energy to cut a player immediately if it was Allen we were talking about? 

Let this play out with the information that the lawyers and the team has.  I firmly believe that if he is indeed involved in all of this that the organization will not hesitate to cut him.  I also believe that this organization will not just have a knee-jerk reaction like many people expressing their opinions based on the little information the public has as compared to the parties involved.

PS.  I know we are all focused on Araiza because he's currently part of our team, but why have we not seen more about the other players that were named in the lawsuit?  I mean, the lawyers are going completely wild right now about Araiza and whatever his involvement is, but where is that same vitriol regarding the other players?  Maybe it is out there and I just haven't seen it yet, but everything else just seems to be focused on Araiza.  Just a little strange to me.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Simon said:

Do you understand that you referred to those injuries has "having sex with other men"?

Do you understand that you don't how she got those injuries until the facts come out?  That you are blaming other people for something NONE of us have all the of the facts for?  That until all of the facts come out NONE of us are condoning what could have happened.  That if the facts PROVE her story that all of us on here would be first in line to see this guy persecuted to the fullest extent.

• Agree 2

I haven't read through all this....have been reading about this though.

I do understand the guy is a talented punter....he's a PUNTER...on a team that I believe...punted the least in the NFL (right?) .....we're talking abou the punter.  you can get another punter.

I am sure it's been suggested in this way...so sorry to repeat that if it has.  but..yeah...he's the punter.  Go get anohter one.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I meant more in terms of their dealings with lawyers and Araiza..  They had to of known that this would eventually be a s**tstorm.

For Araiza, he probably doesn’t have the luxury of staying silent as it plays out.  Bills can’t have this dude punting on opening night fresh off Deshaun Watson… I’m sure Goodell has already made that clear to Beane if this doesn’t die down in a few days.  

And that could be the most accurate statement in this thread. 

No way will the NFL allow Araiza to be on the Bills roster come opening night. Not after what has gone on with Watson. I see the Commissioners exempt list on the horizon for Mr. Araiza.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

It's not his job to ask. If she's underage she needs to tell him. It's not on him to verify her ID beforehand 

"the prosecutor has to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the defendant did not reasonably and actually mistaken the alleged victim’s age."

If she testifies that he never asked her age, the prosecutor can claim that there was no way he could "reasonably and actually have mistaken her age"

4 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

For the what if she lied about her age crowd. This is the law in California. If he had sex with her and they want to arrest him they can. All they need is proof he had sex with her.

20220825_231609.jpg

Still this seems bs if multiple times she said she was 18 which some reports said. I’m not trying to side with it but if she lied multiple times about her age in front of people like wtf he would have her ID.

These situations trigger me bc it’s all he said she said but if there are people to vouch she said 18 then she lied about that 

now the other stuff idk 

Edited by mikemac2001
More detail

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

Abusing my powers would have been tossing you for personal reasons instead of giving you multiple opportunities to retract your ignorant statement.

My statements have not been ignorant.  I'm looking for facts before I pass judgement, Simon.

• Agree 1

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

sorry wasn’t clear - there definitely direct evidence of the what - bodily injury and we know a rape kit was administered but don’t know the results yet. Something certainly terrible to this girl.

Let’s add that she’s apparently going to testify that araiza forcibly penetrated her.  More direct evidence.  This is not a circumstantial evidence case.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

she certainly does. I don’t know WEO there’s parts of this story that sort of work in his favor and obviously some that are pretty damning. 

It’s been quite a roller coaster since this thread started. After initial reports I never expected her lawyer to have a Twitter meltdown posting texts and 25 pages of googled California laws. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Zerovoltz said:

I do understand the guy is a talented punter....he's a PUNTER...on a team that I believe...punted the least in the NFL (right?) .....we're talking abou the punter.  you can get another punter.

I am sure it's been suggested in this way...so sorry to repeat that if it has.  but..yeah...he's the punter.  Go get anohter one.

Confirmed that Ariaza is guilty. 

Apparently he's wanted on the Chiefs. 🤣

• Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Release Araiza? But what if he hasn't done anything wrong?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2