Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

Just now, CountDorkula said:

The victim shaming doesn’t surprise me though people cult follow NFL teams. 

Araiza is innocent until proven guilty but the girl who is bringing forward the lawsuit is guilty of lying extortion blackmail etc. etc.

I don’t think her attorney is helping her in that regard, especially with the latest tweets which were posted on here. Even Araiza’s attorney is making clear that he believes she may have been raped, just not by Araiza.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, CountDorkula said:

The victim shaming doesn’t surprise me though people cult follow NFL teams. 

Araiza is innocent until proven guilty but the girl who is bringing forward the lawsuit is guilty of lying extortion blackmail etc. etc.

Araiza was not an NFL player at that point so there was zero room for financial gain, so why go to the police? 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You don't even know if he is guilty first of all, so stop.  Second, I did not say anything whatsoever about the victim.  But you do realize that you literally have zero qualifications here to even establish who is a victim and who is not?  You haven't done any investigation, conducted any eyewitness interviews, etc.  You read a story, and maybe like most only read a headline, and got online and decided to establish who is a victim and who is guilty. 

So don't come at me with accusations of what I have a problem, because the only thing I have problem with is people jumping to conclusions before they even know the facts.   I mean it's possible both her and Araiza are victims even.  For example, how do you know that her and Matt didn't have consensual sex earlier in the night before she was raped by the other players after Matt left?  I mean there are several eyewitnesses who said Matt wasn't even there when the alleged attack happened, including one of her own friends.  

Everyone is 100% in support of cutting him and jail time if he is guilty without hesitation.  

again-she, being a 17 year old minor, is not  legally  capable of consenting to sex

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

I have no doubt she was.  Have you ever heard of a HS'er going to a college party and admitting they're a HS'er?

Sometimes when you hit "submit reply," it doesn't forward you to the end of the thread and your reply.  So you hit it again (and again, and again, and...).

It happens to me once in awhile too 

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

I hadn't seen any specifics re: the location.

It wasn't Araiza's room?

Well that would certainly be even worse for his side of the story.  "Had sex outside with her, then brought her into my bedroom, where 'someone'  raped her".

Just now, Beast said:

You need to know the age of someone you are sticking your dick into.

At what point does that excuse end? Well, she had big breasts and looked 18. I had no idea she was 13!

Young girls lie to impress older males.

Plus if she was intoxicated then she is incapable of giving consent.

• Like (+1) 2

If my daughter gets raped by a guy(s) I'd either kill him or do everything I could to see him in jail for the rest of his life.  I would not ask the guy to give me some money and then walk away instead.

There is something wrong with this picture.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

My take based on everything thus far:

I think the likeliest source of "trouble" for him is the statutory rape charge, but if the DA's office thinks their case is weak with regards to whether he knew she was underage... then they might fail to file charges.

If he did have sex with her, does it matter if he knew her age or not? That doesn’t seem like a plausible defense in this situation. 

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

I don’t think her attorney is helping her in that regard, especially with the latest tweets which were posted on here. Even Araiza’s attorney is making clear that he believes she may have been raped, just not by Araiza.

No but the fact is a girl was raped and that should be all that would matter in this instance. 

I don’t know how these people who are sitting there victim shaming can then sit there and look at their daughters in the same breath. 

I have no idea if ariza is guilty or not all I do know is he has been named in a very terrible situation

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Yes, he actually does... Read the constitution sometime.  We all have the inalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. 

If being on a football team fulfills his pursuit of happiness, it is his inalienable right to play football. 

53 man rosters officially deemed unconstitutional!

Being on the Buffalo Bills would fulfill my pursuit of happiness. I guess I have an inalienable right. Look for me on the 8th, I’ll be wearing the number 69. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I never said she wasn't raped by anyone. I'm going by the Bills sticking with him when they easily could have dumped him.

You dont think an NFL team on the verge of winning a SB would give an extra helping of doubt to someone who could be hugely important to winning that SB? 

Look I’ve pretty much lost faith in ANY major multibillion entity doing the morally/societally correct thing, rather than looking at everything through a cost/benefit/risk lens

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, appoo said:

Twitter and Bills Mafia is really starting to gross me out 

If my workplace found I’d been accused of being part of a gang rape of a 17 year 8 months prior to getting hired out of college, and all they knew was that I admitted to sex and told her she needed to check for STDs because I had chlamydia, and there was physical evidence of some sort of violence l, I’d be out of a job.

The only entity that has to fully care about Innocent until proven is the Justice System and any other public entities.

Private organizations are well within their rights to look at the circumstantial evidence they have at hand, and make their own decision on whether or not it’s worth it go forward with that employee- I see almost no upside here for the Bills keeping Araiza. 

Finally, the lack of empathy for women is astounding. Why don’t women speak up? Just look at the comment warriors on Twitter and that’s all the answer you’ll need. Women who speak up get destroyed 

I think most of the posters here have been pretty measured in their responses.  Outside of a post or two, I don't see much in the way of blaming the victim or anything.  There are some asking that we don't rush to judgement, but I think the majority of us fans are saying that at minimum he needs to be suspended/placed on the exempt list until the criminal investigation is complete and he is or isn't charged.  

As for Twitter, I don't know why anyone would spend any amount of time reading comments there.  It's a complete cesspool full of trolls and bots. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

Plus if she was intoxicated then she is incapable of giving consent.

Correct. And that alone is a much more serious change than the statutory rape charge but a lot tougher to prove in a case like this. 

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

You need to know the age of someone you are sticking your dick into.

At what point does that excuse end? Well, she had big breasts and looked 18. I had no idea she was 13!

Young girls lie to impress older males.

This MB is mostly men, most of the men here have been at college parties drunk. Some even likely hooked up with a girl. How many do you think ID’d the girl prior? Let alone if she said she was 18? He was what, 20-21? No DA is going to charge someone in that situation when it was consensual. We are looking through the lenses of a couple of old dudes like us where 18 year olds look like babies. He was 20 or 21 and his lawyer said she lied about her age.

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

I think most of the posters here have been pretty measured in their responses.  Outside of a post or two, I don't see much in the way of blaming the victim or anything.  There are some asking that we don't rush to judgement, but I think the majority of us fans are saying that at minimum he needs to be suspended/placed on the exempt list until the criminal investigation is complete and he is or isn't charged.  

As for Twitter, I don't know why anyone would spend any amount of time reading comments there.  It's a complete cesspool full of trolls and bots. 

Fair enough, I guess I got really frustrated by the few posts here and here reading Twitter 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Inigo Montoya said:

If my daughter gets raped by a guy(s) I'd either kill him or do everything I could to see him in jail for the rest of his life.  I would not ask the guy to give me some money and then walk away instead.

There is something wrong with this picture.

Civil suit filed before charges brought makes zero sense

Having a jury find you guilty, or having DNA evidence strengthens your civil suit

I seriously doubt they have anything, and that this case is completely bogus

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1