Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I have to ask: If it were Josh Allen who was accused instead of a punter, how many here would want him cut on the allegation alone?

I would. For an organization who preaches culture and has shied away from drafting and signing players with character issues or previous legal trouble I would expect them to practice what they preach. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

It was in the public domain on 30th July. There was a very early post on this thread about it though, for whatever reason, it was overlooked by the press.

It was overlooked by EVERYONE. Not much gets past TBD members. If something was out there we would have had a 400-page thread on it before now.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

Doe's attorney says he ignored the offer, then contradicts himself by saying the offer is withdrawn in the text messages he just posted. 

Yeah, this statement didn't seem smart for a lot of reasons. Wouldn't he presumably have more money as a Bill? Also he does seem to withdraw an offer.

Also I'd presume the other lawyer has the other half of this conversation including the offer that was withdrawn.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

Very suspect timing of everything, both sides

Publicly come out the week araiza is named starter 

Publicly name araiza starter basically backing his side

To me it sounds like a negotiation gone wrong and both sides called each others bluffs

Or jane doe thinks there are other victims and this is watson 2.0 and is just trying to torpedo a scum bags career

Just now, jkirchofer said:

I would. For an organization who preaches culture and has shied away from drafting and signing players with character issues or previous legal trouble I would expect them to practice what they preach. 

So all it would take is an accusation?  Maybe Bill Belichick knows someone who went to Wyoming around the same time Josh was there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, CountDorkula said:

Put him on administrative leave if you can and just send him away from the team he doesn’t need to be cut right now but he shouldn’t be around the team until resolved. 

I 1000% understand where you are coming from, putting him on leave makes more sense than cutting. For all we know the team has already investigated. Teams know shakedowns happen, A LOT. Vets usually sit with rookies and have that talk with them. The timing of this is very telling. 

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I have to ask: If it were Josh Allen who was accused instead of a punter, how many here would want him cut on the allegation alone?

I’d say the same thing I said about ariza. Put him on leave send him away from the team until it’s resolved if found guilty then cut him if not he can return. 

My moral compass is bigger than the bills

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

So the accusations are horrid, but it's not clear that Araiza is being accused of rape?

Note that while described as "a minor", the alleged victim was then 17 years old, which is above the age of consent anywhere, and what Araiza did is not being described as "rape", but as "having sex with".

I'm going to let this one play out.

In California, it is illegal for someone 18 or older to have sex with someone younger than 18, even if the sex is consensual. This is considered statutory rape under state law. Statutory rape laws are based on the assumption that minors are incapable of giving informed consent to sexual activities.

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

To me it sounds like a negotiation gone wrong and both sides called each others bluffs

Or jane doe thinks there are other victims and this is watson 2.0 and is just trying to torpedo a scum bags career

you have a lot more reading to do

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Could be, she could also be trying to rile up public opinion to apply pressure to make them settle. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Cut anyone who’s accused is a good way to run an organization… 

No, but cutting a player on the least important position on the team who is accused is a great way to run an organization. The team and city is going to be dragged through the mud just like Cleveland deservedly was for Watson.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Doc said:

It doesn't matter.  If she didn't inform him he was being recorded, it's inadmissible. 

The cops did the recording.

If the tapes aren't admissible, their description of the conversation they heard in real time is.  Wouldn't need the tapes.

• Like (+1) 1