Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

1 minute ago, Dick_Cheney said:

LOL what?

Are people still so sheltered in the year 2022 that they are unaware this sort of behavior is disgustingly common, and that just because you didn't ever see it happen with your own eyes doesn't mean that your experience is everyone else's truth?

I've been around. It's working class/white trash/hood "it ain't no fun unless we all get some" trash. 

At least what you're describing. Not saying middle class and upper class doesn't have their own crap. 

9 minutes ago, boater said:

No way. The front office isn't deep investigating a 6th round draft choice. They deep investigate potential 1st rounders, and that is it.

Wasn't he one of their 30 pre-draft visits? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

If there is anything I am sure of, it’s that the Bills just found out about this within the last day or 2. Beane and McD aren’t going to burn down what they’ve built on a freaking punter. And they literally just had him in front if the media next to Josh 2 days ago. McD was just joking around about him this week on pardon my take. That’s completely opposite of everything else we’ve seen from them for 6 years if they knew anything about this. 

whether they or someone else who reports to them ***** up and they SHOULD have known at some point earlier is another story. 

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

have you paid attention to the team Canada hockey scandals going on? This is a real common occurrence. Heck look at dk metcalf trying to get a four way going with him as only guy. 

Everyone I know ever accused of that has been the same type of dudes. 

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

have you paid attention to the team Canada hockey scandals going on? This is a real common occurrence. Heck look at dk metcalf trying to get a four way going with him as only guy. 

There was a big scandal in Steubenville OH a few years ago - very similar. White middle class Catholics. And before you flame me I too am a white middle class catholic 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Not to trouble the discourse with injection of facts, but here is the actual lawsuit, courtesy of the San Diego Times

https://timesofsandiego.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/player-suit.pdf

It's not pretty reading.  Sounds like Araiza is toast under Cali statutory rape law.

Matt Araiza's epitaph with the Bills:

"From Punt God

to Hold God

to Oh God"

image.png

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For me, the following should be put to Beane. Whether he’ll answer is another question entirely.

- Did the front office know about the allegation prior to Araiza being drafted? If so, why did they decide to draft him?
- If not, did they know about the allegation prior to cutting Haack? If so, why did they decide to leave us in a potentially tricky position heading into a Super Bowl run? If not, why not, when it was in the public domain a month ago?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, boater said:

No way. The front office isn't deep investigating a 6th round draft choice. They deep investigate potential 1st rounders, and that is it.

I know for a fact that private investigations aren’t used strictly on first round picks. Every potential Bills draft pick is subject to background checks and other investigative processes. Some go deeper than others depending on what the initial investigation reveals. I’d be surprised if the Bills weren’t aware of the incident by the time their draft board was constructed. As I said earlier, my concern is they received unreliable information since no criminal investigation was being conducted by SD police at the time. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If there is anything I am sure of, it’s that the Bills just found out about this within the last day or 2. Beane and McD aren’t going to burn down what they’ve built on a freaking punter. And they literally just had him in front if the media next to Josh 2 days ago. McD was just joking around about him this week on pardon my take. That’s completely opposite of everything else we’ve seen from them for 6 years if they knew anything about this. 

whether they or someone else who reports to them ***** up and they SHOULD have known at some point earlier is another story. 

This story was seemingly in the public domain on 30th July. How could they not know?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Could not agree more. They wouldn't have drafted him, period, if they knew of this story. 

It has got to be a sad and infuriating surprise. 

Just now, Beast said:

The only thing that bothers me about this girl is her doing television interviews regarding this incident. I can't imagine anyone advising her thinking that is a good idea regardless of her face being blurred.

is there a link?

Just now, NickelCity said:

Could not agree more. They wouldn't have drafted him, period, if they knew of this story. 

It has got to be a sad and infuriating surprise. 

Everyone saw the outrage for a year on Watson, why would they bring that same outrage in for a punter? I cant see them knowing.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’d love to agree with this but I don’t understand how the most hyped punter I can recall prior to the draft (with stats to back that up) was not the first punter off the board. 

He also lasted until round 6. 

There is plenty of history of ***** kickers and punters drafted in the top 3 rounds. Just doesn’t add up. I think teams knew.

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

The only thing that bothers me about this girl is her doing television interviews regarding this incident. I can't imagine anyone advising her thinking that is a good idea regardless of her face being blurred.

Last resort. She's been getting stonewalled from everyone else.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

His attorney feels pretty confident about his witnesses and there are witnesses at the party. If she was drunk and also given a drug her memory could be very spotty unfortunately. That’s the problem in general with these types of cases. Often times they can be he said she said which doesn’t bode well if there was a rape and no physical proof. Matt could have had sex consensually and she could have been rapes in the room. 

on the exempt list until it’s sorted out and cut if he is charged. 

in california, a 17 year old minor is unable to consent to sex, in the eyes of the law.  21 year old Matt , birthdate 5-16-2000, cannot legally have consensual sex with a 17 year old. period

• Agree 1