Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

4 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Well said boob grabber.

Just kidding, I promise.  I am sure you went through hell for that, and it sucks.  

I did, got suspended from school, hated by everyone (cuz that kinda thing spreads like wild fire). Sad thing is, no matter how many people I told the real story to, they didn't believe me. It was terrible at the time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

It doesn’t seem like any other way right now other than he’s about to get cut shortly. You think mcd is going to sit there and answer 100 questions each presser about the punter now? I can almost see the smoke coming off his head. 

I'm more and more taking this view.  The distraction just isn't worth it - regardless of what eventually gets proven or not proven.  Culture is everything to this team.  They will likely punt the least times in the league again.  Signing some guy off the street, even if he has the worst ave in the league probably will have less negative effect than the circus this could turn into.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, blitzboy54 said:

Statistically speaking they rarely if ever do. The blow back is viscous. Women are mostly punished either way. 

That this is your attitude means you are most likely a creep. 

If you think statistically speaking they ever do, then you’re a fool. I investigated these types of cases for 24 years. 

4 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

This happened almost a year ago. I would think he would have been arrested by now if his DNA implicated him, no?

There were supposedly five perps. She only names three. I'm sure the two unidentified could be a big reason why this case is in its current state. Lab work takes a long time and the police may still be trying to identify other suspects.

Edited by Beast

9 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Ugh! DNA will tell the story.

It willtellsomeofthestory. You can have sex with someone and not rape them. There will be a lot of pieces to this puzzle that tell the stor.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

From the Yahoo article I read about this, the Bills did know about it, and did a thorough investigation. If this is the case, I would think they would have kept Haack and let Arazia walk. Part of me wants to let this investigation play out and give the kid the benefit of a doubt. The other part of me wants nothing to do with him and release him immediately. 

There are definitely some strange aspects to this.

With an alleged event that apparently has so much evidence (DNA, the phone call, perhaps witness corroboration) it is peculiar this wasn't brought before the DA soon after it actually allegedly occurred. These kind of cases where allegations are brought forward a significant time after the supposed event usually hinge on circumstantial evidence and lack the tangibility this one supposedly has.

Really odd. I guess it's possible she just didn't want to bring charges before?

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

For people who view the players as cogs in their favorite machine, not much.  

For those that actually care about the human element.  A lot. 

If he’s guilty, cut him and let him deal with the civil and potential criminal suit.  

If he’s not.. well, who needs to file a criminal suit when you can simply ruin someone’s life by doing this?

She went to the cops the next day and filed a report.  They had her call Araiza on the phone to establish he was present.  He admits having sex with her while the cops are listening.

What on earth are you talking about?

At least half the posters in this thread clearly haven't read any of the links to the details of this case.

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

There are definitely some strange aspects to this.

With an alleged event that apparently has so much evidence (DNA, the phone call, perhaps witness corroboration) it is peculiar this wasn't brought before the DA soon after it actually allegedly occurred. These kind of cases where allegations are brought forward a significant time after the supposed event usually hinge on circumstantial evidence and lack the tangibility this one supposedly has.

Really odd. I guess it's possible she just didn't want to bring charges before?

She reported it to the police the day after it happened - allegedly there has been a lot of foot dragging from the state department and the college due to who the defendants were.

Edited by UKBillFan
Of not pf
  • Like (+1) 2