Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

1 minute ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I have to laugh at all the pearl clutchers on here calling for his head before any facts come out. Like no woman has ever made a false accusation before. 

She reported the rape immediately after it happened and underwent a medical exam. She sure went through a lot of trauma to shake down a then college punter. Makes total sense. But let's continue to victim blame.

• Like (+1) 4

25 minutes ago, wppete said:

The more I read about this story the crazier it is. Unbelievable. 5 SDSU players rape an unconscious 17 year old? Unbelievable and disgusting! Throw the book at them…. It’s everywhere in the sports news and news in general. I suspect the Bills suspend him by tomorrow. Shocked they didn’t know anything about this before drafting him. Beane and Pegulas need to answer some questions. 

how were they supposed to know?  Do some Clockwork Orange s*** to him until he confesses his sins?

Just now, Chris farley said:

The fact it's civil and not criminal is telling.  

Not necessarily.  Like was said upthread, two things can both be true:

1) cash grabs involving accusations against millionaire athletes are a thing

2) coverups/slow-tracking investigations of assaults involving star athletes by police departments are also a thing

1 minute ago, jkirchofer said:

The Buffalo Bills do not have the same resources as a police department. I would like to know how thorough of an investigation they conducted and what their threshold was for keeping him on the roster.

I'm sure they will be asked and have to say something about it in the future.

They could have seen that no charges were filed and talked to the University (which now seems like they may have not been forthright).

The best-case scenario for OBD I guess.

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

Key wording/quote. from accusers lawyer: saying multiple organizations, including Buffalo Bills, have known and denied this for months. 

Like others have said, it is highly likely the Bills knew of this, at least prior to today and prior to release of Matt Haack.  They must feel confident Araiza is innocent.

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

Did the girl opt not to file charges? She skips right to a civil suit?

Case is still open with the police. Looks like the school sat on it for 10 months. She went to the hospital and they gave her a rape kit. 

3 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I have to laugh at all the pearl clutchers on here calling for his head before any facts come out. Like no woman has ever made a false accusation before. 

Yeah. We'll just ignore that Araiza phoned/texted her to get a test for STDs. We'll just ignore her age. We'll just Watson the whole situation.

• Like (+1) 1

McBean is not going to like this, doesn't seem to be the kind of character they are looking for.  If true, the dude is a Grade-A Dbag and I would not him anywhere near my team.  We are not the Browns, and neither are our owners

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I don't think anything "automatically makes a charge stick" anywhere, but according to the attorney interviewed in the clip linked above, not knowing the age of the alleged victim is not apparently a defense.

The defense firm based in California that has articles on their website about statutory rape including possible defenses to charges, that I'm referencing from, says otherwise.

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Silver lining in all of this, though (as bad as it is), if there had to be a player on the team accused of rape, thank God it was the punter, of all positions…

Fingers crossed it’s not true though…

Well I'd rather it be my 10th ranked WR, CB, OL or DL but if it had to be a person making the team, i guess Punter is okay.  Crazy as i, along with a ton of us, was ridiculously excited over a punter.  Not looking good.

4 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Statistically speaking they rarely if ever do. The blow back is viscous. Women are mostly punished either way. 

That this is your attitude means you are most likely a creep. 

• Agree 2