Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

4 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Don't know if he's innocent or guilty.  While I hope he is innocent if he is not than I got no problem seeing him sentenced to prison where his new roommates will demonstrate how the young women felt.  

This is also gross

There is a rape epidemic in prisons that we will look back on in horror like many things we look back on today 

Just now, DCbillsfan said:

So what options do the Bills have before Tuesday 4pm?  Could he go on commissioners exemption list?  Or is it cut him or keep him only?

The league will probably step in now that all the media is on it, 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Either way this is a bad look for Beane and company. That's really disappointing to me.

You one of the Twitter people that looks to get offended by everything?  You have almost no info to make that determination.

Let's not rush to judge. 

Edited by L Ron Burgundy

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

The school campus knew about it. So you think coaches would know and pass along inside info. If his name was in the original criminal complaint you’d think the agent would pass along. Team would not like to be blindsided 

There was surprise from some pundits that he dropped to the sixth round. It potentially looks more understandable now. But I’m not going to judge too much on us drafting him - my bugbear is playing him and picking him over Haack when this was in the public domain a month ago.

10 minutes ago, appoo said:

You realize he admitted to statutory rape right?

https://www.cwsdefense.com/blog/2020/june/exceptions-to-californias-statutory-rape-laws/#:~:text=In California%2C it is illegal,informed consent to sexual activities.

Matt was 22 when this incident happened. At BEST - a drunk girl started talking to him, and he didn’t bother to get her age, and decided the best course of action was to have sex with her, and that drink girl was 17. Someone who was over 20% younger than him - senior in college. 

He shouldn’t be on this team

Just for clarity, If he had been up to three years older than her, it would be a misdemeanor statutory rape. Over three years, it's a felony.

After this girl's interview, it sure seems pretty credible. Does not have the earmarks of a shakedown. Gotta believe he is done.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I don’t understand why this hasn’t already been charged? Is a 9 month criminal investigation common? It seems unnecessarily long. 

Seems like the college dragged it’s heals - the police have only just been able to turn the evidence to the DA office for a decision. Think the alleged victim is pressing civil charges now as she only has a year to do so, which will be up in October.

3 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

They were "recently made aware" like today most likely.  Don't kid yourself

Bills said they "conducted a thorough examination." It's highly likely they learned about it after the draft. But I can't imagine they "conducted a thorough examination" only after deciding to cut Haack - and make a public statement claiming such. If they cut Haack, they're comfortable with their assessment.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I don’t understand why this hasn’t already been charged? Is a 9 month criminal investigation common? It seems unnecessarily long. 

With a case involving this many people and an underage girl, I have to imagine they wanted to be as thorough as possible. There was also some talk of San Diego State trying to keep the allegations hush due to the success of the football team.

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Sounds like this has been an issue for quite some time. I wonder if the Bills knew about it and if not, why not?

If there is any inkling to this being true, get rid of him. Immediately.

Don't be Cleveland.

they should have known.  Maybe this is why 2 other punters were drafted ahead of him

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Immediately released.

Can’t see it myself. If the organisation had doubts over Araiza they would not have cut Haack and I refuse to believe the first they heard of this allegation was today.

Edit - cut, not fit.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Agree 1