Could Aaron Donald potentially miss Week 1 due to suspension?

Einstein

Come on people. Everyone knows helmets are less dangerous in practice than in games. His "slap on the wrist" punishment will be $25k and a quick semi- sincere apology. The shield (Rams) won't jeopardize 9/8 opener.  But if a 3rd string rookie had done it, he'd be cut next day. I love this world as we pick n choose punishments. 😀

• Haha (+1) 1

Honestly, based on precedent set by discipline against Myles Garrett, its going to be absurd for AD to not get any discipline on the matter in terms of suspension.  Just another example of awful consistency league wide on how they handle discipline in the NFL.  And I don't even want him suspended, I want to beat him and the Rams at their best week 1.  

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

The league does not administer punishment for practices.  It’s the team that disciplines the players so basically nothing.

There is one entity that could do something, but unprecedented in law enforcement.  It’s on video tape and basically irrefutable.  The Cincy police technically has more than enough authority to publicly arrest AD for aggravated battery.  It’s clearly illegal to use a helmet as a weapon on an opposing player as it ceased to be football and became a brawl.

I know it won’t happen the Rams aren’t going to do anything.

It is crazy that the NFL suspends for players for all kinds of stuff... but would not for an act like t his during a joint practice. There has be consequences or else players will really take liberties during these. 

Did he strike at a guy withOUT a helmet? If os, that's truly dangerous. Otherwise, meh, one game is good :)

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/25/2022 at 3:40 PM, Einstein said:

He was caught on film today striking opposing players while violently swinging a helmet.

Myles Garrett was given a 6 game suspension for similar behavior, though that was in a game and not a joint practice.

Our own Rodger Saffold retweeted this, BTW

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/25/2022 at 1:54 PM, Warcodered said:

That is true fights in general would generally get you punished, still no suspension for that fight Josh started, the helmet makes it interesting though.

The helmet makes it different. I believe the Bills FO would do something if even Allen was bashing people with a helmet (rightfully so in my opinion, you can’t tolerate that behavior). 

8 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

I actually thought about this funny rant from Iverson.  It’s almost as funny as this one…

ORRRR…

And there’s always this..

I thank my lucky stars we have McD vs. these lunkheads who couldn’t keep their cool.

Always good for a chuckle these rants.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Wasn't IK Enemkpali suspended 4 games for punching Geno Smith in the locker room?  How is that suspension worthy but not this?

He was! 

Good question.  For one thing, he broke Geno Smith's jaw.  Doesn't sound like anyone was injured in the joint scrimmage scrum, fortunately.

For another, Enemkpali was a scrub.  Sorta the same principle where TDots got 6 games for pleading to disorderly conduct on a charge of domestic violence, while Hill (accused of breaking his son's arm and threatening his Babymama "you need to be terrified of me, B word" got nothing.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.