Ken Dorsey the new Ted Marchibroda?

AuntieEm

11 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

IF we learned anything from the 90s teams the no huddle offense wasn't a good thing for our defense all things considered. We need to find a running game to keep the clock running on offense and thus keep our defense off the field and fresh.

yes.  I think the 2 kid RB's will make a huge difference.

10 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Levy is overrated and should not be in the HOF.  

That said, the defense simply wasn't good enough.  The NFC was simply a better conference.  No AFC team could compete with the size and speed of the best NFC teams.  Bills were built to beat Marino and Elway.  Nn retrospect they had no chance going up against the o-lines of the NFC East.

Wade had a true NT in Pat Williams and was a genius running the 3-4.  

Nonsense. Levy as a  coach was terrific.

As for the OP, it's far far far too early to know about Dorsey, either way. I'm hopeful.

Edited by Thurman#1

12 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

A full time no-huddle offense isn't the answer

When we initially rolled out the K-Gun, it was truly innovative, and other teams didn't have the preparation or the athletes on defense to handle it.  That lasted a little while before teams caught on, and at times, it was terribly counter-productive for us

A lot has changed in 30 years, and I don't think going no-huddle really scares defensive coordinators any more.  Especially with what teams can do in the 2 minute offense anyways.  

I'm certainly not a fan of having our defense, or any defense spending more time on the field, just because we want to go quicker on offense.  

It didn't work in SB XXV and it probably ain't working today either

Peaches and Cream, exactly.  We are not going to the K Gun offense.  It’s too predictable now, we don’t have a team constructed like that and if you don’t get the 1st down, you wear out you’re defense in a heartbeat.

The boring answer is we will look a lot like last year, but now we have a pass catching RB, a traditional between the tackles RB, and an upgrade in our WRs as Davis is younger with t break down like Sanders, and McKenzie is a ton healthier than Beasely.  It will be a fun year, and we’ll be happy. 

The “problem” with JA running a K Gun style is he would have to be willing to take the underneath stuff semi quickly. We would also need a semi dominant RB.

There has been talk about him working on hitting said short stuff but until we see home not try to hit the home run as much, I don’t thing  it fits his MO

Using the no huddle is in every teams 2 minute drill, but to use it regularly is also dangerous because you can put your defense back on the field in a matter of seconds with three incomplete passes. I still like the idea of picking a series or two within the game to surprise the defense.

16 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I would never refer to Dabol as a doing anything in a mindless manor, I’m saying Dorsey will be more creative and effective going forward, Kromer and what he brings is part and parcel of the “the offense”, as are all the coaches on the OCs staff,  all the pieces working seamlessly towards the end goal, imo the offense is going to run smoother this year as compared to that past three years, because of these really good minds working together, in a more effective manor, Dabol as good as he was here, (and he was good) had real problems creating options (a functional run game) outside of the pass game, and it did stall the offense several times over the last couple of seasons. Imo, it was McDermott leaning on Dabol that forced him into getting the run game going in the later portion of last season, it had a resoundingly positive effect on the offense as we all saw. The pieces to effect the run game were all present on the team last season, they just weren’t, shall we say, assembled correctly, i will grant you hind site is 20 / 20, as the saying goes, I do think we are for the most part thinking the same thoughts just expressing differently, 👍

Go Bills!!!

Those manors take on a life of their own sometimes. Be careful, the straw on the floor can be as slippery as a mat. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I really don't see Dorsey putting together some twisted version of the K-Gun. But after watching some of his interviews and listening to some of the player comments (one player, not sure who, referred to him as a "beautiful mind" with a chuckle), I can definitely see some really off-the-wall play designs. I feel like there'll be a play or 2 where we're like ... "what the hell was that?" ..... in a good way.

Edited by Fleezoid
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.