Gesicki on the trade block

DJB

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

No clue why they franchised him.  I suppose they didn’t completely know what they were getting (or letting go).  New staff that never coached him before.  Maybe they thought they could coach him up and didn’t want to give up on such a nice target before they spent some time with him rather than just watching tape

I tought I read Gesicki wanted to be traded. Is that not the case?

2 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

I'm willing to guess there's some significant distance between what the Dolphins would like to get and any (more realistic) offers that they have so far received

Probably why he still on the trading block. But I don't consider anything 5th round or better "a bag of peanuts and a roll of tape". I think they might get a 4th...which is a pretty valuable draft pick, IMO

56 minutes ago, StHustle said:

No way they’d trade him to us…but man imagine adding TE of his caliber!!

I mean, he's a talent but he's pretty much one-dimensional as a WR. And we have plenty of WRs, AND a TE who can be a receiving threat and actually block.

I'm glad to see Miami could move him since he has been the toughest player on that team against the Bills, but I'm not excited to get him here.

45 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think Gesicki is a fine player, but if he doesn't fit their needs, why TF did they franchise tag him?  Or, if they decided to franchise tag him, why didn't they "tag and trade" early in FA when teams had money and roster space, and could spend the off season teaching a new guy their playbook and working him in?

I could be wrong, but I kind of think their trade market for a guy with a 1 yr, $10.9M fully guaranteed deal is gonna be a bit limited at this point.

There is no rhyme or reason to why a team as poorly managed as the Dolphins does anything. Trying to figure it out is futile.

They may have tagged him in order to buy time to work out a long term deal, and then talks have gone south, and Gesicki doesnt like the new offense, so here we are. Or some combo of bullcrap like that going on behind the scenes. It's Miami.

All I know is, I love to see it.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I mean, he's a talent but he's pretty much one-dimensional as a WR. And we have plenty of WRs, AND a TE who can be a receiving threat and actually block.

I'm glad to see Miami could move him since he has been the toughest player on that team against the Bills, but I'm not excited to get him here.

You sound silly man. The guy is 6’6” 250 and has great hands. We don’t need him to block when in there. We’d be completely unstoppable in the red zone.

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

As much as I’d love the idea of OBJ, if we had this guy to have a significant 12 personnnel and drop the Howard option would be great.  The nice thing is TE’s as weapons cost a lot less than WRs.

I wonder if Gesicki is doing a Jimmy Graham and pushing to be paid like a WR since he plays more of that role? Probably looking for something closer to $20M/yr than $10M/yr.

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

As much as I’d love the idea of OBJ, if we had this guy to have a significant 12 personnnel and drop the Howard option would be great.  The nice thing is TE’s as weapons cost a lot less than WRs.

12 personel kind of requires the ability to block, otherwise you're telegraphing whats going to happen with a TE who is a liability in that dept.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, StHustle said:

You sound silly man. The guy is 6’6” 250 and has great hands. We don’t need him to block when in there. We’d be completely unstoppable in the red zone.

Why waste that money when we already have Gabe Davis and Dawson Knox on rookie contracts?

I get it, Gesicki is a talent. But he isnt a need.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I didn’t think that was the case, but I could be wrong

Same here.  I thought I read it somewhere but can't find it now. Something about him not being happy with the coaching staff/how he's being used.

1 minute ago, Charles Romes said:

If you want a tight end who is really not a tight end but a skilled big receiver, just play Hodgins. 

Hodgins is 3 inches shorter and 50 pounds lighter. Not only that Hodgins plays smaller than his size. No comparison.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, StHustle said:

what you talking about Willis.

if we are going to run 12 personell formations you have to have competent blockers at the TE position.. 

Also we ain't spending $10 mil on a TE that's not named Knox

Edited by ddaryl

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.