5 roster related questions - as we get closer to the final 53.

BuffaloBill

Your choices relative to the 2022 draft:  

214 members have voted

1. 1. What rookie (not named Araiza) is most likely to be named as a starter week #1?

• Kaiir Elam
    • James Cook
    • Terrel Bernard
    • Khalil Shakir
    • Christian Benford
    • Luke Tenuta
    • Baylor Spector
  2. 2. Which rookie will have the biggest overall season?

• Kaiir Elam
    • James Cook
    • Terrel Bernard
    • Khalil Shakir
    • Christian Benford
    • Luke Tenuta
    • Baylor Spector
  3. 3. How many of the 8 players chosen in the Bills 2022 draft will make the roster (not the practice squad)?

Who is your surprise cut?

Who is your surprise to make the 53 man roster?

What rookie (not named Araiza) is most likely to be named as a starter in week 1?

What rookie will have the biggest overall season?

How many of the 8 players chosen in the Bills 2022 draft will make the roster (not the practice squad)?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There is a limit to how many questions can be asked in a poll.  Post your thoughts and make you poll choices (names will be visible)

• Like (+1) 1

Does “biggest season” = best season?  I think Elam will play the most snaps by far. Being that he’s a CB, he’ll have plenty of head scratching moments (mostly penalties and playing “too far off”) but also plenty of positive plays.  

i voted Elam, Elam, 5.  Tenuta and Spector to the ps, but would be happy to see Spector make the 53 over Matakavich or another lb not named edmunds, Milano, Bernard or Dodson

55 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I took "biggest season" as most impactful to the team, so I voted for Cook.  I think he'll be our rookie MVP as he puts immense pressure on the D and brings the offense to another level (which is an unreal thing to imagine).  

Obviously, I agree. He will take little swing passes for ten or fifteen yards whenever Josh needs him.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Does “biggest season” = best season?  I think Elam will play the most snaps by far. Being that he’s a CB, he’ll have plenty of head scratching moments (mostly penalties and playing “too far off”) but also plenty of positive plays.  

i voted Elam, Elam, 5.  Tenuta and Spector to the ps, but would be happy to see Spector make the 53 over Matakavich or another lb not named edmunds, Milano, Bernard or Dodson

Same.  Except the wording is confusing.  That total kept on the roster says "of the 8" so you have to add back Matt A. to your 5.

That's why I said 6 rookies make it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

14 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Same.  Except the wording is confusing.  That total kept on the roster says "of the 8" so you have to add back Matt A. to your 5.

Same. I said Elam, Elam, 6. I think Tenuta and Spector end up on the PS, everyone else on the roster.

I could also easily agree that Cook will have the "biggest" season, depending on what your definition of is, is.

• Agree 3

Who is your surprise cut? Duke Johnson

Who is your surprise to make the 53 man roster? Blackshear. I think they want him on the PS but he may not clear waivers. (hence Duke above)

What rookie (not named Araiza) is most likely to be named as a starter in week 1?Elam, largely because I don't think Tre will be ready for week one.

What rookie will have the biggest overall season?I believe that Elam will succeed in part because a better pass rush, will mean less time and more mistakes from opposing QB's. Elam will be one of the beneficiaries of that.  

How many of the 8 players chosen in the Bills 2022 draft will make the roster (not the practice squad)?4 will make the opening day roster. Elam, Cook, Shakir and Benford.  The others may spend time on the roster during the season, but will start on the PS.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

Elam, Shakir, and 5.

I think besides Elam, none of the draft picks will start week 1. Singletary is going to be the primary RB, although Cook will have an impact. Starting LBs are Milano and Edmunds so Bernard won’t start. I don’t see Shakir overtaking Diggs, Davis, or McKenzie, but man has he looked good so far. That’s why I picked him for “best season”. I selected 5 picks to make the 53, but forgot Punt God so 6. Tenuta and Spector to the PS.

Cook as Sal said is week to week.  Games we need his skills he’s #2, and Moss on other weeks.  I think they dial up Moss and Cook week by week based on opponents strengths.

Sal was on point how we handle the 2 activated as they won’t activate 3.

We now have what we always wanted.  A workhorse, a banger for short yardage, and a pad catching shifty guy.  Those are our guys.  Any hopes of  Blackshear on the active roster won’t happen.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

37 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Same. I said Elam, Elam, 6. I think Tenuta and Spector end up on the PS, everyone else on the roster.

I could also easily agree that Cook will have the "biggest" season, depending on what your definition of is, is.

21 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If Tenuta and Spector are to the PS and everyone else sticks, that's 6.

Copy that, 6.  I just counted from the poll, didn’t even realize PG wasn’t listed.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Who is your surprise cut?

Who is your surprise to make the 53 man roster?

What rookie (not named Araiza) is most likely to be named as a starter in week 1?

What rookie will have the biggest overall season?

How many of the 8 players chosen in the Bills 2022 draft will make the roster (not the practice squad)?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There is a limit to how many questions can be asked in a poll.  Post your thoughts and make you poll choices (names will be visible)

40 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The last one was a trick question.  I said 5 as counted up the names and also assumed Tenuta and Spector will be on the PS.  But Araiza was left off the original list so really 5 plus him.

How can I change my answer from 5 to 6

7 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The last one was a trick question.  I said 5 as counted up the names and also assumed Tenuta and Spector will be on the PS.  But Araiza was left off the original list so really 5 plus him.

How can I change my answer from 5 to 6

Click the "Show Vote Options" button under the results

• Like (+1) 1

Biggest impact is Cook or Elam, hopefully both will bring a lot of positive plays, Elam will have the most snaps and penalties, Shakir will round out the top three most productive rookies.

Go Bills!!!

45 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

For those selecting 4 or under rookies will make the roster .. there is 0% chance that we do not at least get 6 (barring injury)

Elam, Cook, Bernard, Shakir, Araiza, and Benford are all locks

That would be darned substantial if it comes to pass. 👍

47 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Cook as Sal said is week to week.  Games we need his skills he’s #2, and Moss on other weeks.  I think they dial up Moss and Cook week by week based on opponents strengths.

Sal was on point how we handle the 2 activated as they won’t activate 3.

We now have what we always wanted.  A workhorse, a banger for short yardage, and a pad catching shifty guy.  Those are our guys.  Any hopes of  Blackshear on the active roster won’t happen.

All 3 should be activated weekly 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.