Ike Boettger to PUP

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

If you are on initial 53 you can be placed on IR on 8/31.  You can return in 4 weeks as one of 8 returnee's per season.

If you are not on the initial 53 and placed on IR, you are gone for the season unless injury settlement is reached.  

PUP/reserve (where boettger was placed) means he opens season on PUP - doesn't count for 53, and can return to 53 later in the year. 

So White needs to go either option 1 or 3 depending how soon they feel he'd be ready.

Just now, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I think they just keep him on the 53.  Not sure who would be added for that window that makes a huge difference that you won't then have to cut when he returns.  A LB?  Lineman?

I'd assume it would be another CB if he's not able to go.  Guess it depends on how long they think he'll miss.  If feel he'd be ready to go by game 3 or sooner, then would agree with you.  If much longer, than I think either option 1 or 3

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'd assume it would be another CB if he's not able to go.  Guess it depends on how long they think he'll miss.  If feel he'd be ready to go by game 3 or sooner, then would agree with you.  If much longer, than I think either option 1 or 3

I just see them keeping 6 corners, and Tre's the inactive one until hes healthy - then benford likely moves into the inactive role.  

Tre

Jackson

Elam

Benford

Johnson

Neal

Not sure if I understand it correctly but if I do I just realized that Boettger on PUP (and any player for that matter) really hurts us from cap perspective, since it is essentially 54th player which needs to be accounted for.

Putting Ike on PUP means that Beane needs to create $1M more in cap space to fit him in. It will be less at the end of the day, when he after couple of games replaces his (presumably cheap and non-guaranteed) replacement, but still.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.