Bills headline Barnwells "Teams most likely to improve in 2022".

Stank_Nasty

8 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Good read on the flukey nature of a handful of last years losses for the squad and how a regression back towards the mean should naturally mean a better outcome. Interesting numbers and what i found to be a solid offseason read. A little food for thought i guess....

Does that translate to an established run game? 

Daboll’s biggest flaw.  Not establishing a run game other than Superman 

Fix that and Game over man. Game over. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Good summary but too comprehensive and long.   Instead of trying to cover a myriad things already covered in other threads, maybe you should have limited yourself to the W-L record in close games and the idea of regression to the mean.

As for Allen, you follow the regression-to-the-mean theme again and I think it may be misapplied a bit here.  Allen tended to perform his best when the OL gave him time.  While he made some amazing plays when the OL broke down, some of his worst games statistically occurred when he was running for his life.  Allen's talent is certain.  His production will be determined by a lot of variables to include Dorsey's scheming & playcalling and - maybe even more importantly - the performance of this year's offensive line.  If the OL is as improved as we all hope it is, Allen will have his best year yet.  

Too comprehensive?  Do you prefer your analyses be less comprehensive? 

Edited by The Dean
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Could you try to be more concise with the articles you copy and paste? Come on man!

Actually, years ago I got my wrist slapped once for violating site rules for posting a long article - much as the OP did.  Since then I've tried to be more concise.  When posting articles, I just post the most relevant section.  Sorry if I offended anyone.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Actually, years ago I got my wrist slapped once for violating site rules for posting a long article - much as the OP did.  Since then I've tried to be more concise.  When posting articles, I just post the most relevant section.  Sorry if I offended anyone.  

Not sure you offended anyone but kind of made yourself look like a Karen.  Message boards can be tough.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Note that he did NOT cut and paste the entire article. Just the part that pertained to the Bills.

• Thank you (+1) 1

“Emmanuel Sanders, Cole Beasley, Star Lotulelei and Daryl Williams are all still free agents. Mario Addison and Jerry Hughes signed modest deals with the Texans. Jon Feliciano signed a one-year deal with the Giants. “

I believe Sanders and Star are all but retired.  Still it’s amazing that 7 of our key vets from recent wining teams were not sought after.  Surprised that Daryl Williams is not on a roster.  He played well late last season.   Could be a good guy to call if the injury bug strikes the O -line.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.