Do "we" the buffalo community put to much pressure on Josh?

gordong

2 minutes ago, gordong said:

Some real interesting thoughts from Jordan palmer on Josh,  give a listen.

Do you agree we put to much pressure on him?  Does it affect him? 

Yes. Every Fanbase puts too much pressure on their quarterback. But, that’s why you choose to be a quarterback. You want the game on your shoulders. Also, who the hell is that guy in the lower left hand corner of the video?!!!!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Dislike 1

I don't know about "we" -- I can only speak for myself.  

With the benefit of hindsight, the 50 year-old version of me realizes that the 20-something version of me didn't fully appreciate the Jim Kelly era when I was living through it.  The Bills had a great QB with a great offense, and they were making deep playoff runs over and over.  It'll always be like this, right?

Well no, actually, it's not always like this.  Not putting any special pressure on Josh.  Just trying my best to sit back and soak it in while it lasts.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Successful NFL QB's & head coaches, just like any other strong Type A personality, are wired to want the pressure, to need the pressure, and to thrive on the pressure.

They fully recognize the burden of their responsibilities, which are magnified many times over any other positions.  That's why they get the big bucks

The fan component of that, is relatively miniscule, especially in comparison to what these folks inherently feel, and often times put on themselves

Josh knows it, understands it, loves it, and can't wait to deliver a Super Bowl to Buffalo

• Agree 5

11 minutes ago, gordong said:

To clarify, having given this a listen, Jordan Palmer says that he's known a lot of good QB who couldn't handle the pressure Buffalo puts on its star players, but the way Josh is built, he can handle it.

So agreeing with Jordan Palmer would be to say, somehow the way Josh is built, Josh can handle it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I watch the clip of him yelling “come on! Come on!” All the time. It’s inspiring to see someone so good natured, and human, and passionate about competing to win. 

The pressure to be a champion can’t be relieved by a forgiving fanbase. It can only be relieved by winning. 

I don’t think it’s crazy to assume that he loves us because we are depending on him. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Yes. Every Fanbase puts too much pressure on their quarterback. But, that’s why you choose to be a quarterback. You want the game on your shoulders. Also, who the hell is that guy in the lower left hand corner of the video?!!!!

It’s to throw off the censors so that the video doesn’t get flagged for copyright infringement. Almost all videos that are not uploaded by the source will have something extra for this. Videos with music will do this as well, some speed up the song, others manipulate the length.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm not sure I really buy what Jordan Palmer was saying. He was naming off other players he never saw put this pressure on, and all of them weren't QBs. Ocho Cinco? Brandon Marshall? Matt Forte? C'mon no city is putting pressure on those players to elevate the franchise. Every franchise who doens't have a franchise QB puts pressure on the next great hope.

Also, Buffalo had the drought.

It’s not so much pressure per say, that doesn’t bother Josh at all, it’s the BBFS, and how the fan base largely lives and dies on a personal level with how the Bills do each season, Josh knows this, he is keenly aware of the Buffalo Bills underdog status, being that he was disregarded himself before rising up, he wants nothing more than to win it all in Buffalo, for the fans and even more so for himself, so that in a figurative way he can give the bird to all the doubters over the years. Jmo. 

Go Bills!!!

Of course. Every fanbase does. I’d argue that for a high 1st rounder, Allen has had it really easier than most first round picks. He was very protected by us his first couple years because of all the criticism he has taken. 

but when you are at the level he is now, the pressure is on him to take the next step. It’s why you get paid all that money. 

• Dislike 1

56 minutes ago, gordong said:

Can you please put another "o"  in your headline "to."  It makes me nuts. 

Edited by sirebors

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.