Could the Bills fit Kenny Golladay?

FireChans

6 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

I’m sorry but does @FireChans ever even come back to these **** topics he starts or is that his MO? Far as I can tell it is; why entertain this BS, even in the “offseason”?

I put assess in the seats. I’m the straw that stirs the drink.

Edited by FireChans

As it stands, the Bills already have a strong roster.  Too many good players and not enough roster spots.

They are also very tight against the salary cap with a handful of starting players who they may not be able to re-sign in the offseason.

Over the next few months, it's likely that injuries will pop-up.  It's also possible that some players will regress, and certain position(s) could suddenly become a weakness on this roster.  That is what happened last year on the O-line especially.

In my opinion, the smart play is to wait.  See how the first several games play-out, and identify where the team potentially needs help.  That's when Beane can make a last-minute splash (if-needed).  And if we don't need anything, he can use the extra cap space to extend upcoming free agents early.

What happens if Stefon Diggs, Gabriel Davis, Isaiah McKenzie, Jamison Crowder and Khalil Shakir all have fantastic seasons AND all manage to stay healthy?  But then Tre White has a setback, and Kaiir Elam/Christian Benford show rookie struggles?  This is a totally plausible scenario.  It would be foolish to blow all of our cap space on Kenny Golladay or Odell Beckham Jr. (who may not be needed), so that we can't get secondary help.

Edited by mjt328
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, ddaryl said:

McKenzie and Crowder are slots... Yeah so I guess by #3 I am thinking Outside Diggs and Davis reliever..

I dont know why people thing the Bills would want Golladay,OBJ etc. They have a good WR group, very little cap space,have their own deserving players to pay,and these 2 are not exactly process guys.

Edited by Georgie
  • Agree 1

On 8/23/2022 at 9:35 AM, FireChans said:

Giants can save $13M against the cap if they traded him today. Obviously his contract is a BAD one and he had a bad year but Joe Judge and them boys made everyone look bad. 

He may be the best #3 outside WR in the league though. And the Giants may have to offload him for a 7th rounder in 2028.

Nope… first off contractually I don’t think could make it work.  Second, the knock on Golloday has been his inability to create separation.  These type of receivers have not done well with Josh

3 hours ago, Georgie said:

I dont know why people thing the Bills would want Golladay,OBJ etc. They have a good WR group, very little cap space,have their own deserving players to pay,and these 2 are not exactly process guys.

I want OBJ, but I'm getting to the point where I have no idea where he'd play.

If I had my way... I'd probably cut/trade Crowder and sign OBJ.  Both are only here for one year.  I'd rather have OBJ later this year (even though Crowder is a legit WR)

This allows Diggs/Davis/McKenzie to lock down their roles/flow with Josh and this Offense.  Shakir becomes the primary back-up for all 3 spots.  Start the season with Hodgins and Kumerow as WR5 and WR6.  

Then when OBJ gets healthy, we rotate him in with Shakir.. and if anyone struggles/gets banged up for any period of time, he gives us that insurance.  

Edited by SCBills

8 hours ago, FireChans said:

You’re certainly stirring something. So basically this is just BS trolling - you’ve no interest in engaging or debating this topic, your little ego just wants to count up the emojis and responses you get. Great.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

You’re certainly stirring something. So basically this is just BS trolling - you’ve no interest in engaging or debating this topic, your little ego just wants to count up the emojis and responses you get. Great.

No I actually thought it was a reasonable idea. He is better than Jake Kumerow as boundary depth. He is cheap to acquire from an asset standpoint. What’s not to like

11 hours ago, FireChans said:

Poop Diarrhea GIF

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

No I actually thought it was a reasonable idea. He is better than Jake Kumerow as boundary depth. He is cheap to acquire from an asset standpoint. What’s not to like

He’s better than Jake Kumerow as boundary depth…,,,

what’s not to like is his contract……wake up

28 minutes ago, FireChans said:

His contract is the reason he’d come cheap.

His contract is the reason we wouldn’t have to give up assets….while giving up our most important asset going forward…..cap space. So cheap in assets given up.  Very expensive in cap space.  He’s not going to sign another contract unless of benefits him…..which involves giving him more money while spreading it out over a longer period.  

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

Is this the most recent Golladay thread?

Three games in and do you really want McKittrick as your 2nd/3rd reception option in the endzone? There's a lot of hilarious off season dismissal of offensive talent in this thread and I don't think that's the way you do it. We look to be 1 or 2 offensive pieces short. I don't know who else is possible but this guy scored 11 TDs in a season and his coach seems to hate him.

Edited by Nelius

On 8/24/2022 at 5:22 PM, FireChans said:

The awful contract

the awful production

I don’t see what there is to like?   “Oh look a guy who was good at fantasy once can be had for a low draft pick”

On 8/25/2022 at 12:10 PM, T master said:

Why ? We have so many good WR now that some are going to have to get cut keep who we have don't worry about getting more .

No offense to this poster but this was the consensus a month ago, and look at how poorly it's already aged. 

"So many good WR"? Nah, we have an incredible QB, with one guaranteed good WR right now. 

14 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

The awful contract

the awful production

I don’t see what there is to like?   “Oh look a guy who was good at fantasy once can be had for a low draft pick”

The fantasy argument is pretty dead considering the amount of injuries already this year. For me at least, I think it's more like, hey this guy is a living breathing wide receiver that put up 11 TDs in a season before and we need some help. I'm completely open to better ideas.  If Gabe gets or stays hurt, or even worse (god forbid) Diggs gets hurt are you cool with more Kumerow and, uh, McKenzie? That's about it.

Edited by Nelius

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.