Could the Bills fit Kenny Golladay?

FireChans

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Giants can save $13M against the cap if they traded him today. Obviously his contract is a BAD one and he had a bad year but Joe Judge and them boys made everyone look bad. 

He may be the best #3 outside WR in the league though. And the Giants may have to offload him for a 7th rounder in 2028.

Did you bother to look at his salary and the Bills cap space? How the heck could they afford him?

46 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What would we be on the hook for? In principle, yes, I'm interested. 

His salary is 13 million. Bills have about 5 available 

33 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Except we don’t have “excellent” depth. 

You are entitled to your opinion but Bills cant afford him, and whose targets would he want?

27 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Why would we want demote Shakir? Who I view as WR3...  He showed way to much to think there's an expensive upgrade on the downside that would play better.

I would find ways to get Shakir more touches before blowing stupid money or draft picks on what I view as a downgrade.

The "WR #3"  designation is generic.  Do you mean the #3 OUTSIDE WR? McKenzie and Crowder will likely be the #3 and 3A if you have to label them. I consider Crowder primarily a slot receiver and expect McKenzie to line up all over. Then ,some targets will go to Shakir and Cook.

1 minute ago, Georgie said:

The "WR #3"  designation is generic.  Do you mean the #3 OUTSIDE WR? McKenzie and Crowder will likely be the #3 and 3A if you have to label them. I consider Crowder primarily a slot receiver and expect McKenzie to line up all over. Then ,some targets will go to Shakir and Cook.

McKenzie and Crowder are slots... Yeah so I guess by #3 I am thinking Outside Diggs and Davis reliever..

17 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

This is very misleading. While it is true that the Giants would save $13M in cap space this season (despite $8.15M in dead cap), they’d also have to eat another $10.2M in dead cap next season.  I have to think that it is worth $2.8M for them to see how he does with the new coaches. Even if he has a bad season, he will have another chance next year with a different QB. 

If they cut him based on those savings (assuming your math is right, which I have no reason to doubt), then I wonder if he’s a toxic attitude that we don’t want near our locker room.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Georgie said:

Did you bother to look at his salary and the Bills cap space? How the heck could they afford him?

His salary is 13 million. Bills have about 5 available 

You are entitled to your opinion but Bills cant afford him, and whose targets would he want?

If we are on the hook for $13m then we can't afford him. He'd have to be willing to re-do the deal before the Giants trade him here. 

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

Giants can save $13M against the cap if they traded him today. Obviously his contract is a BAD one and he had a bad year but Joe Judge and them boys made everyone look bad. 

He may be the best #3 outside WR in the league though. And the Giants may have to offload him for a 7th rounder in 2028.

Why do you want save the Giants money?

This thread is on par for the posters course.  

💩 

40 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Gives you flexibility to put Diggs in the slot… if it moves McKenzie/Crowder to the bench on a team destined for the SB that just made itself much better with the trade, what is the problem? 

That being said, I can’t see this happening.

Because Beane isn’t an idiot

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

"Could they fit ....?" is almost never the right question. They "could" fit nearly anyone, with consequences hurting them down the road, major consequences in the case of Golladay.

The right question to ask is generally, "Should they fit ...?"

In the case of Golladay I think the answer is hell no.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

If they cut him based on those savings (assuming your math is right, which I have no reason to doubt), then I wonder if he’s a toxic attitude that we don’t want near our locker room.  

Definitely would be a concern. I added the Spotrac link to my post. Forgot to do that. 

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

McKenzie and Crowder are slots... Yeah so I guess by #3 I am thinking Outside Diggs and Davis reliever..

McKenzie and Crowder are slots ... both of whom can play outside. Crowder in particular has done so a bunch in the past. I personally expect Shakir to be the most frequent #3 outside guy late in the year, but early I think it'll be a mix-up of Crowder, McKenzie, Shakir and even Kumerow sometimes giving them a lot of different talent options.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.