Next Player to be traded ???

marck

2 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

This place is hilarious. 

No one is trading for a RB we picked up off the scrap heap or an UDFA RB who is destined for the practice squad. 

Crowder is not getting traded 

Moss is not getting traded 

Lawson is not getting traded 

No one is trading for pre season hero Mike Love 

No one is trading for OJ Howard and his guaranteed salary

Other GMs know we have some tough decisions coming up. We are going to lose guys to other teams because we are stacked. Lewis, McCloud, Hodgins, Bryant all come to mind. 

It's a good problem to have. 

Let's say a team has a lack of WR depth.  So they're looking at Hodgins, hoping we'll cut him.  If we do cut Hodgins, there are 30 potential other suitors.  Why not trade a 6th round pick for him when - statistically speaking - most 6th round picks contribute very little to the teams that draft them?   So I do think there may be a trade market for some of our bubble players. 

It wouldn't surprise me, though, if it doesn't happen.   With the team eyeing a SB run, I think Beane will keep our best 53 players and try to hang on to our top 69 (53 active roster; 16 practice squad).  The remaining have no trade value. 

• Like (+1) 1

Allen. Keenum was awesome and imagine what type of return we can get for Allen. Always sell high!!!

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Let's say a team has a lack of WR depth.  So they're looking at Hodgins, hoping we'll cut him.  If we do cut Hodgins, there are 30 potential other suitors.  Why not trade a 6th round pick for him when - statistically speaking - most 6th round picks contribute very little to the teams that draft them?   So I do think there may be a trade market for some of our bubble players. 

It wouldn't surprise me, though, if it doesn't happen.   With the team eyeing a SB run, I think Beane will keep our best 53 players and try to hang on to our top 69 (53 active roster; 16 practice squad).  The remaining have no trade value. 

Eh, he hasn’t one thing in the nfl. 

25 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Because Hodgins is a dime a dozen often hurt WR who had a nice preseason game. There are dozens of these guys who will get cut and you don't need to use a pick to get one. I think we over value our fringe players and yeah I expect a few will get snatched up but I don't think anyone is trading for them. 

2 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Because Hodgins is a dime a dozen often hurt WR who had a nice preseason game. There are dozens of these guys who will get cut and you don't need to use a pick to get one. I think we over value our fringe players and yeah I expect a few will get snatched up but I don't think anyone is trading for them. 

We actually don’t know that he may be better than a dime a dozen wide receiver we’ve never had an opportunity to actually see him during the regular season is ability to catch everything close to him High Point a ball and natural size are assets to a team that has smaller wide receivers

Edited by John from Riverside

Moss.  There are some good reasons not to trade Moss as other have mentioned.  One reason to trade Moss is that he is likely inactive game days many weeks (assuming Cook pans out as expected).  If Beane can get good value for Moss (5th round or higher draft choice), he might make that trade

20 hours ago, nosejob said:

I can't remember seeing Gilliam lined up at TE last year and now with O.J. I'm not expecting it any time soon. As far as a lead blocker on short and goal, well we have Moss and we all know Josh won't skip an opportunity to punch it in. I just don't see the need for that spot on the roster.

Not to mention an extra lineman like Doyle.

Strictly academic argument at this point since the Bills just gave Gilliam a pretty nice extension.  It’s safe to say he not going anywhere.  Neither is Moss.  

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We actually don’t know that he may be better than a dime a dozen wide receiver we’ve never had an opportunity to actually see him during the regular season is ability to catch everything close to him High Point a ball and natural size are assets to a team that has smaller wide receivers

Valid points but I think it is also valid to say that Hodgins does not posses the speed or physicality that would set him apart from other bottom of the roster type WRs.  If they think they can afford a seventh WR with other roster priorities he probably sticks, but I do not think he beats out Kumerow, unfortunately.  

3 hours ago, FLFan said:

Strictly academic argument at this point since the Bills just gave Gilliam a pretty nice extension.  It’s safe to say he not going anywhere.  Neither is Moss.  

Oh I get that but after the Ford trade, I'm willing to bet there's gonna be at least one more. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved Sweeney and kept Morris or a Lawson trade. Don't kick me, I'm just speculating. I also believe they will find a way to keep Spector on the 53 and we'll see a lot of Bernard by the end of the year. Beane's a man of action. Sometimes miss, but who doesn't?

10 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

That is because the Bills fans value their fringe players like they are starters.  Each of those 31 teams have their own fringe players who have been in their system and would prefer to have their own players than looking at other team's fringe players. 

On 8/22/2022 at 7:09 PM, eee1776 said:

Trade HIm to Chicago or swap him for there Middle linebacker.

So a guy that's being asked to cover the largest passing zone, in dead center of the field, is going to be replaced by Super-Brandon Spikes old school LBer?

How is he supposed to make a 3rd and 1 stop, if we can't get anyone to third down.

On 8/22/2022 at 5:10 PM, FilthyBeast said:

That's obviously TBD.

Epenesa had a great preseason/camp last year and awesome game in week 2 against the Dolphins but then seemingly disappeared the rest of the way.

I still think he's a bit too small for DE and another guy probably better suited in a 3-4 style defense as an OLB.

At this point I still like Basham over him as the 3rd DE option, possibly even Shaq Lawson who I've waffled back and forth on in terms of being on the bubble.

The bolded is so fascinating, given that when he was drafted I also thought he was more of a 3-4 guy...but as a 5-tech DE (def not an OLB, of course). I'm wondering what really triggered such a RADICAL body transformation? No way that was anyone's goal for AJ to go from big and strong and slow to skinny and weak and not-as-slow...

It was a difficult time to be a rookie, no doubt. Wonder if the player had some understandable, extra difficulty with the loneliness and isolation? 

I’m looking at Crowder, good player, reasonable contract, no room.  McKenzie and Shakir are good, and they will almost have to have 3RBs on the active roster this year.  Singletary is starting, Cook is the 3rd down back and Moss is the hammer..

If a slot guy goes down, they flex Cook to the slot, seems like he became a game day roster problem the day they drafted him.

I guess it COULD be Singletary that is out, looking good, last year of the deal and your shiny new toy could get more Carries 

Edited by DCofNC
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

I’m looking at Crowder, good player, reasonable contract, no room.  McKenzie and Shakir are good, and they will almost have to have 3RBs on the active roster this year.  Singletary is starting, Cook is the 3rd down back and Moss is the hammer..

Crowder is a solid Slot WR insurance policy, though. Unless of course the team was targeting a certain injured FA.

• Like (+1) 2

Who are a few running backs who could be available on the trade market?

A couple of running backs I’ve heard rumblings about are Buffalo Bills RB Zack Moss and Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB Ke’Shawn Vaughn.

While Vaughn is probably more of a “he’s available for the right price” situation, Moss seems primed to be dealt with Devin Singletary and rookie James Cook forming a strong tandem this summer. Moss has had to battle for the No. 2 gig for the last three summers, and it just seems like he’s not a long-term option for Buffalo.

Moss could be of interest to the Eagles, who need a north-to-south rotational back. Moss also makes sense for a team like the Minnesota Vikings if they move Alexander Mattison, who is in the final year of his rookie deal. Moss has two years left on his contract.

Mike Kaye is the Lead NFL Reporter for Pro Football Network. Follow him on

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-news-and-rumors-mailbag-who-could-trade-for-jets-denzel-mims-who-will-be-the-next-raiders-player-to-walk-the-plank/

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I'm not a fan of trading Moss, what could we possibly get for him anyways?

He was apparently not 100% last year (ankle surgery recovery), he's solid in pass protection, is an OK receiver, potential goal line back. I'd like to keep him around if Singletary ever missed time. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.